PDA

View Full Version : What's An NSX Worth In Bits?

Dave J
10-05-2011, 09:21 PM
We've just broken another Mazda RX7 as sadly many are worth more in bits than as a whole. The lad who works for me asked what my NSX would be worth if broken :eek:. As i never see them being broken what would it be worth?? Before i get hung / drawn / quartered i'm only asking / curious :)
Dave.

nobby
10-05-2011, 09:41 PM
certain parts would be highly desirable i.e body panels if in good nick ... at a guess i would say breaking one would fetch more money but it would be an abolute sin! :)

Senninha
10-05-2011, 09:52 PM
It would depend on the model. Clearly there are more 3.0 coupe than anything else, but an 02 has a lot of desirable 'upgrade' parts for earlier cars.

If it was a clean well maintained car to start with then with your facilities it could well make sense.

If you're looking, make it an 02 targa and I'll be on my way down to see you for first dibs ...

m666 edd
10-05-2011, 10:05 PM
How could you do such a thing!

I'll have the supercharger :laugh:

Sudesh
10-05-2011, 10:13 PM
The problem on NSX salvage is not just what its worth, but how LONG it takes to sell based on the value of the part!!

Now there is a paradox for you lol

Nick Graves
11-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Blind stag.

Complete & utter guess; 15 large if written off for apparently minor damage?

You can see the problem with very old, cheapo NSXs...

NSXGB
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
I'll have the rear light clusters Dave :)

Dave J
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
I'll have the rear light clusters Dave :)

I can't do it :rolleyes: We were discussing this yesterday, an RX7 is one thing but my NSX is stunning and i simply couldn't do it even though i find selling parts far easier than cars as there's so much less to go wrong!
Dave.

Rob_Fenn
12-05-2011, 08:31 PM
As Sudesh says really. I don't believe the demand for parts is that high, and compared to OEM prices, people expect to pay next to nothing. I have two NSX's in parts, hoarding them for a few years might leave me on a goldmine one day, you never know...lol.

Sudesh
15-05-2011, 10:35 AM
As Sudesh says really. I don't believe the demand for parts is that high, and compared to OEM prices, people expect to pay next to nothing. I have two NSX's in parts, hoarding them for a few years might leave me on a goldmine one day, you never know...lol.

I know how you feel lol

I was doing a clean out of a garage over the past few weekends and even came across NSX bits I forgot I had! some brand new items!

But totally agree, demand is quite low and its expected that the parts should be at give away prices; and if you heard some of the call's I get about parts, its clear that some people cant afford and should not be driving an NSX.

For example, I had someone looking to buy used rubber brake hoses! I mean just spend £45/50 and get 4 new stainless hoses! I had another looking for a used A/C receiver Dryer, when doing an A/C system its fully recommended that you replace this part with BRAND NEW item, if you hunt around you can get an aftermarket receiver dryer for between £35/£50, I had someone ask me for a sump drain bolt lol