PDA

View Full Version : Wary potential buyer

Baz
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi guys,

This is my first post and I apogise that it is not very up-beat. I currently have a 350Z which I have to say is a great drive and prior to this I had a left hooker Porsche 993. However I have always hankered after an NSX, ever since a friend let me have a go in his a few years back - I can still remember the intoxicating noise! I was planning to have one as my next vehicle (used almost exclusively for long business trips) but I'm somewhat concerned to learn from several posts here that NSX's appear to be very difficult to sell.
I would really appreciate your comments.

Many thanks,

Baz

sportyking
07-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Don't know about the selling but they are very difficult to buy!
I had been looking from April for a genuine 3.2 Coupe with reasonable miles and in any colour, though I had preferences including pop-up lights. In that time I found two or three that were not as good as they should be, got outbid on another two and had an eye on two that didn't quite fit the bill. Finally found one at sensible but not cheap money, I think it is about having the right one for the people on the market at the time and if you may have a need to sell fast, it may not be the car for you.

glenlewis
07-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Mine is for sale and 100% straight. You have my word on that:)
Look in the forsale section if you are interested:)
I would never sell a car without being totally honest.

Glen.

wgmr
08-12-2005, 02:02 PM
You just have to take the NSX market as you find it, very good cars are hard to find, but worth the wait. So if it is an awesome car you want then try the NSX, as quick as but different from the 993. There is lots to choose from out there and by the look of things Glens car looks very good. It is the same colour as mine, and trust me that is a good colour!

Only one point, if you are planning on going a lot of motorway miles you might find the NSX a bit annoying, you'd be so under using it. You could always takes the b roads and turn up with a smile on your face.

My advice is go and see what is out there, You'll get some good advice here as to whether it is worth buying

jaytip
08-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Only one point, if you are planning on going a lot of motorway miles you might find the NSX a bit annoying
Iv'e got to ask you why you say this.I had my car for 2.5 years and NEVER on any journey,motorway or otherwise, found it to be anything but a completely comfortable car to drive.

simonprelude
08-12-2005, 04:45 PM
As above really, I find it a very comfy and capable motorwat cruiser too.

Makes breaking off the motorway and onto the B roads so much more fun.
The cruise control is very good too, 2 NSX's close together both with cruise set for 50+ miles has proved this quite recently.

Only one point, if you are planning on going a lot of motorway miles you might find the NSX a bit annoying
Iv'e got to ask you why you say this.I had my car for 2.5 years and NEVER on any journey,motorway or otherwise, found it to be anything but a completely comfortable car to drive.

TheQuietOne
08-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi,

Sorry to be boring (Will) but I do the 85 mile trip down the M42 to work 6 times a week in mine and it is an absolute pleasure, as stated the cruise control is superb, and a gentle squeeze on the throttle around about 3K revs produces the most beautiful pur from behind your left ear...enough to make even a motoway cruise a very special experience!

You really wouldn't regret an NSX for a heartbeat...

Matt.

blue5
09-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Baz,

Hello and welcome.

Buying is the issue as noted by others, i tried for 10 months to get the right one and have never looked back.

It is the same with all cars i suppose the sale price reflects the proposition, if its expensive and shows signs of being a well used example it wont sell and thats it.

If you look at past postings from potential owners they, like myself did a considerable amount of research before buying, when i met one new owner i am sure he knew the name of the man who unlocked the factory on the day the car was built, :D I was very impressed because he had properly researched the NSX.

If you do eventually buy one you can look forward to virtually nothing going wrong with it, unless you are v unlucky, and anything that does go wrong will be trivial and inexpensive to rectify. (touch wood). In excess of 30mpg (once the boy racer in us all has receded).

What else have i missed? It wont rust, it probably wont get vandalised, people will approach you in supermarket car parks and offer positive comments and the smile, ah yes the smile :wink:

Oh yes and very comfortable on long trips.

rgds

Baz
09-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks for all the comments and advice guys. Next car will now definitely be an NSX!

Baz