PDA

View Full Version : NSX 2011 Ringfest, who is going from the UK

NSX 2000
04-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Who else is up for coming to this years NSX meet at the Nurburgring in Germany.

We can either go Friday or Saturday and return Monday. I'll get in contact with the B & B we stayed at last year to see what room they have and costs.

Regards

Paul

ollie
04-05-2011, 10:25 AM
hi paul ,

had a great time last year , so count me in , would very much like to explore some of the fantastic roads outside the ring that we touched on last year , if anybody wants to pm me with any questions about the trip last year ect , please feel free .

if we can get the B & B from last year that would be great , very friendly and great value

steve

m666 edd
04-05-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure I'm thinking more next year at the moment but could maybe be persuaded if a bit more organisation is involved and a bit less rushing about. Maybe a day extra than last year.

Kevin and some other Europeans could visit!

ollie
04-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure I'm thinking more next year at the moment but could maybe be persuaded if a bit more organisation is involved and a bit less rushing about. Maybe a day extra than last year.

Kevin and some other Europeans could visit!

hi ,

Paul and i have already spoken about the organisation , we thought we might do some more things on our own ( evening meal ect ) , having said that , the guys from last year have already said that it would be better this year now they have the experience and i think some of the blame is with the management at the ring

go on just say yes you know you want to !!!

steve

NSX 2000
04-05-2011, 04:58 PM
I've spoken with Margret at Pension Diana (where we stayed last year)

http://www.pension-diana.com/eng/main.html

She has no rooms for the Friday (due to the race on the Saturday) but has four or five rooms for Saturday & Sunday night. So I would suggest that we go Saturday Morning and come back Monday.

Paul

Hagasan
05-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I've spoken with Margret at Pension Diana (where we stayed last year)

http://www.pension-diana.com/eng/main.html

She has no rooms for the Friday (due to the race on the Saturday) but has four or five rooms for Saturday & Sunday night. So I would suggest that we go Saturday Morning and come back Monday.

Paul

Well I enjoyed last year...As long as we don't get lost down any lanes again I'm up for it...

Would prefer a Friday/Monday travel rather than a "rushing it" Saturday/Monday affair. Or whatabout a Saturday/Tuesday travel if the room availability is easier??

Best we get rooms reserved soon though by the sounds of it??

Senninha
05-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Gents,

I wont be there this year as I'm on family holiday.

Ref the organisation, this year it is being done by Heinz so I suspect all will run smoothly.

Dont forget, if Diana is full you could stay where Steve/Gary/Simon and I were last year in her daughters house just along the road

Have a safe one!

sorepaws
05-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Ohhh I'm tempted - when do I have to commit ?

NSX 2000
05-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Right then, we have four confirmed

NSX 2000
Ollie
Silver Surfer
Hagasan

I would like to try and sort this out by Thursday if possible.

Leave Folkestone (Eurotunnel) approx 7am
Arrive Nurburg Saturday Afternoon
Sunday Nurburg
Monday morning leave Nurburg
Monday Lunchtime at Spa (Belgium)
Monday afternoon Eurotunnel back to Blighty.

Does this sound OK? Anybody else what to join us? More the merrier

Silver Surfer
05-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Tops Paul..sounds like the ingredients!
My brother will accompany me so will need a twin room/2 single what ever is cheaper/available.

SS

NSX 2000
08-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Right then, Hagasan is sorting out our digs today, (Thanks for this:beer:)

We just need to decide on which train to get. I suggest the 7:42 arrive France approx 9:15, then will have lunch in Belgium, then arrive at our digs mid afternoon.

Monday, leave digs and drive to Spa, have lunch drive back to eurotunnel to catch the 6:50pm train arrive Folkestone 6:30pm local time.

Remember you have to be at the tunnel at least 30 minutes before your departure time!

If this is OK please say, and we can each make our own booking.

Paul

Silver Surfer
08-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Arrangements Ok with me.

SS

Hagasan
08-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Right then, Hagasan is sorting out our digs today, (Thanks for this:beer:)

We just need to decide on which train to get. I suggest the 7:42 arrive France approx 9:15, then will have lunch in Belgium, then arrive at our digs mid afternoon.

Monday, leave digs and drive to Spa, have lunch drive back to eurotunnel to catch the 6:50pm train arrive Folkestone 6:30pm local time.

Remember you have to be at the tunnel at least 30 minutes before your departure time!

If this is OK please say, and we can each make our own booking.

Paul

Travels times are fine with me assuming the digs work out. I haven't heard back from the hotel yet so I'd suggest holding back on any train bookings for the time being

Cheers,

Gary

ollie
08-06-2011, 09:08 PM
That all sounds ok to me

steve

Hagasan
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
OK Ollie, NSX 2000, Silver Surfer and me....reservations now confirmed with Diana. As for travel, I will be a tight-wad and book my tunnel ticket with my Tesco clubcard but this takes a few day. I intend to book the 7.42 out 18.50 back train.

Hi Gary,

I reserve for you from the 30th of july for 2 nights:
3 Singlerooms (a 55,- per night incl. breakfast)
1 Twinbedroom (70,-per night incl. breakfast)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
with best regards

Ihr

Haus Marvin
Hotel & Car-rental am Nürburgring
Inh. D. Ackermann

Tannenweg 11 in 56729 Döttingen
Telefon 0049 2691 2546

Silver Surfer
09-06-2011, 10:48 PM
OK...have booked Eurotunnel tickets...£124.

Thanks Gary for sorting out the digs.

SS

ollie
10-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Have booked my tunnel tickets £ 127 ? maybe i booked 1st class !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks Gary for room booking

Steve

NSX 2000
16-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm all booked!

It's not to late to join our merry band of men, if anybody else wants to come.

Paul.

Hagasan
16-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Tunnel all booked today, 07.42 30/7 and 18.50 1/8

Hotel reserved for original 4 drivers + 1 passenger

Gary

Frankintegra
22-06-2011, 12:23 AM
I am interested to go ! Am I to late! I have never been and I would love to go on the track!

Silver Surfer
22-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Never too late Sean.
Get the Eurotunnel ticket on-line and PM Gary to see if there are any more room at the Hotel.

SS

jaffaz32
28-06-2011, 02:57 PM
I am tempted to come, was planning on going this year with a few local mates.

How much would you suspect the fuel costs to be?

Is anyone arranging insurance for the track?

ollie
28-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I am tempted to come, was planning on going this year with a few local mates.

How much would you suspect the fuel costs to be?

Is anyone arranging insurance for the track?

Hi Jaffaz32 ,

i went last year and am going again this year , its a great weekend , most of us last year only went on the track for the photo session , so insurance was not needed , there is possibly more fun to be had on the roads around the ring and the vist to Spa is worth doing as well .
As far as petrol , i cant remember but you could work it out by using the AA route planner , its not that far really and we dont cane it ( much ) so you dont use excessive fuel .
If you can spare the time and the overall cost isnt to much of an issue , i would say go for it , its a good fun weeekend with other NSX owners and very relaxed with lots of stopping off for food and drinks and generally watching the world and fancy machinery go by .
Stop thinking about it , book the tunnel and then sort out the B&B ( let me know if you want the address )

Steve

Feel free to pm me with any questions

278kmh
28-06-2011, 05:04 PM
if you are looking for rooms, then go to http://www.hausmarvin.de/ . i´ve asked at your nsx-home-pension diana and she told me so

NSX 2000
28-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Jaffaz32

What Ollie (Steve) said plus the european NSX owners are all a bit mad (in a good way) so all in all it's a good long weekend.

Paul.

214nsx
30-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Jaffaz32

What Ollie (Steve) said plus the european NSX owners are all a bit mad (in a good way) so all in all it's a good long weekend.

Paul.

Hi Paul, really like to join in, are we actually drive on the track or just touring around?

regards
Phillip

forumadmin
30-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Is this part of the Honda ImportFever at the Ring (ie Honda's only), or an open day which we are meeting at. Would be nice to come up for the weekend.

NSX 2000
30-06-2011, 08:51 AM
From what I can (or can't) find on the net there is not a Honda Import Fever this year. This is just the annual Nurburgring NSX meet.

It is my understanding that there is a race on the Saturday (4 hour endurance race on the whole circuit ( http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/events/motorsports-events/all-events.html )) then there is a Touristfahrten (open to the public) evening from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Then at 7:30pm we will be allowed on to the ring for a "photo shoot" session. (see youtube video for what we did last year)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHKFHWlg1z8

(watch out for some odd looking people at the end of the video!)

The Sunday is a full Touristfahrten (open to the public) day. So if you want to go round the ring you can, but it will be with evrey other nutter :laugh::eek::laugh:

Senninha
30-06-2011, 09:13 AM
It looks like the 'really quiet' silver one at the end of the video is still confused about how to park!! :laugh:

NSX 2000
30-06-2011, 09:20 AM
It looks like the 'really quiet' silver one at the end of the video is still confused about how to park!! :laugh:

What about the nutter driving along with their door open :eek:

Senninha
30-06-2011, 09:31 AM
What about the nutter driving along with their door open :eek:

Now thats just proof of how hard I was trying to hear that Silver NSX :laugh:

Silver Surfer
30-06-2011, 10:43 PM
What's the risk of driving front number-plateless in Europe on this jaunt and also going through the customs at Eurotunnel?

SS

Senninha
01-07-2011, 04:34 AM
What's the risk of driving front number-plateless in Europe on this jaunt and also going through the customs at Eurotunnel?

SS

I've been across 3 times now and only ever had front plate on. Carry a BRAND new plate with you that you can throw up onto the dash if necesary. If you've booked by card and use auto tolls to get tickets you dont even talk to anyone at either side. Do remember that the French Police now have a ZERO tolerance for speeding, take a relaxed convoy until you cross the border to Lux and/or Germany then you can play.

First time I went I cruised all the way to within 50 clicks of where we all met for lunch on a single tank and it made the journey no less interesting. For me the best part is the road into Nurberg from the coffee/cake shop down on hte river.

Have a great trip everyone!

regards, Paul

Silver Surfer
06-07-2011, 10:15 PM
UK Convoy list:

Ollie
NSX2000
Hagasan
Silver Surfer +1

? Frankintegra
? SorePaws
? Jaffaz32
? 214NSX
? m666 edd

I assume no helmet required, no track insurance required, ? no front plate required, ? European recovery, ?spare wheel.

Need GB sticker, warning triangle, luminous vest, spare bulbs, V5, ....

SS

simonprelude
07-07-2011, 12:05 PM
no track insurance required, ?

SS

Check with your insurance company, mine regarded the Ring as excluded from their policy.

ollie
07-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Updated convoy list

Ollie + 1
NSX2000
Hagasan
Silver Surfer +1
Chris & Rachel ( if they can keep up )

steve

NSXGB
07-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Check with your insurance company, mine regarded the Ring as excluded from their policy.

I believe I'm right in saying that there isn't an insurance company that does provide cover for the Nurburgring.

Silver Surfer
07-07-2011, 07:07 PM
When I said no track insurance required ......meaning I wasn't planning to attemptto set the BTG time and will just attend the photoshoot. ;)

I am aware no 'routine' insurance actually cover the 'Ring.

SS

NSXGB
12-07-2011, 09:12 AM
There's a chance I can make this now.
Can someone confirm which crossing has been booked and can someone forward me the email address of the guest house to enquire whether there are any double rooms left please?

Silver Surfer
12-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Paul suggest the 7:42 arrive France approx 9:15, then will have lunch in Belgium, then arrive at our digs mid afternoon.

SS

ollie
12-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi Simon ,

It would be great if you can join us , the tunnel out is Sat 30th July 07.12 am back Monday 01st August 18.20 pm , i think Haus Marvin is booked but Chris & Rachel Robinson ( if they can keep up ) are booked in at Meggi Landgasthaus which is next door , best to phone them as i could not get a reply via the booking email , the number is 00492691932788 you will have to keep the conversation simple as their english is not to good ( although better than my german ) .
Hope you can make it

Steve

NSXGB
12-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks Steve, I'll give them a ring later this week. Looking good at the moment.

Hagasan
12-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Simon as Steve says it would be good if you (and Hayley?) could join us.

Steve, are you sure you're right on those travel times? My understanding was below....

Departure
(local time)Short Stay Saver Fare | Folkestone to Calais | Saturday 30 July 2011Check-in closes 07:12Departure time 07:42 Arrival time 09:17£72http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr04/ltr/i_safe.gifReturning
(local time) Short Stay Saver Fare | Calais to Folkestone | Monday 01 August 2011Check-in closes 18:20Departure time 18:50Arrival time 18:25£55http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr04/ltr/i_safe.gif

That's what I booked going by Paul's original timings. Is this what everyone else is doing? Maybe somebody's going to be hanging about on the other side?

Gary

Hi Simon ,

It would be great if you can join us , the tunnel out is Sat 30th July 07.12 am back Monday 01st August 18.20 pm , i think Haus Marvin is booked but Chris & Rachel Robinson ( if they can keep up ) are booked in at Meggi Landgasthaus which is next door , best to phone them as i could not get a reply via the booking email , the number is 00492691932788 you will have to keep the conversation simple as their english is not to good ( although better than my german ) .
Hope you can make it

Steve

Silver Surfer
12-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Mines is identical to yours Gary.

SS

NSX 2000
12-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Simon as Steve says it would be good if you (and Hayley?) could join us.

Steve, are you sure you're right on those travel times? My understanding was below....

Departure
(local time)Short Stay Saver Fare | Folkestone to Calais | Saturday 30 July 2011Check-in closes 07:12Departure time 07:42 Arrival time 09:17£72http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr04/ltr/i_safe.gifReturning
(local time) Short Stay Saver Fare | Calais to Folkestone | Monday 01 August 2011Check-in closes 18:20Departure time 18:50Arrival time 18:25£55http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr04/ltr/i_safe.gif

That's what I booked going by Paul's original timings. Is this what everyone else is doing? Maybe somebody's going to be hanging about on the other side?

Gary

Mines is identical to yours Gary.

SS

Mine is the same as well, I would guess Steve can't read :D

Paul

ollie
13-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Sorry Simon ,

Paul is right i cant read , to be honest i struggle with walking and talking at the same time .

Garys times are the correct ones and i have booked those .

Cant stop to chat , just in the middle of plotting the route to the ring , anyone know where Germany is !!!!!

Steve

NSXGB
13-07-2011, 08:25 AM
No problem.
Hope to be able to book at the end of the week...

214nsx
13-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi to all,
I can now confirmed I will be joining you guys, unfortunately the crossing fare is now £114 and £77 for me. now just need to book a single room.

regards
phillip

NSXGB
13-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi to all,
I can now confirmed I will be joining you guys, unfortunately the crossing fare is now £114 and £77 for me. now just need to book a single room.

regards
phillip

Hi Phil, are you sure about that? I just got a quote of £140 return for those dates and times....

ollie
13-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Phil have you booked the ferry or the tunnel ?

Steve

214nsx
13-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Hi Everyone

Can anyone help in accommodation? Diana is full, waiting on reply from House Marvin, has anyone got any other suggestions?

Cheers Guys!
Philip

214nsx
13-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Hi

Have I got the right site, www.eurotunnel.com (http://www.eurotunnel.com). The Short Stay Saver price is sold out now I'm paying for Standard fares. If I go on an earlier departure 6.50am it would be £140.

Phil

278kmh
13-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi Everyone

Can anyone help in accommodation? Diana is full, waiting on reply from House Marvin, has anyone got any other suggestions?

Cheers Guys!
Philipfriends have their romms booked at www.ringrooms.de very good, or maybe you can book at http://lalanterna.de/

NoelWatson
13-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Hi Everyone

Cheers Guys!
Philip

http://www.guesthouse-fuchsroehre.com/

http://www.blauecke.de/start/

NSX 2000
13-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks Steve, I'll give them a ring later this week. Looking good at the moment.

Hi to all,

regards
phillip

Hi Simon and Phillip

Can you both let me know asap if you will be on your own or if you are bringing anybody as I'm going to book resturants for us on the way to the ring on the Saturday, and then at Spa on the Monday.

TIA

Paul

PS looking like it will be a good trip, anybody else want to join us? You know you want to :D

214nsx
13-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi Simon and Phillip

Can you both let me know asap if you will be on your own or if you are bringing anybody as I'm going to book resturants for us on the way to the ring on the Saturday, and then at Spa on the Monday.

TIA

Paul

PS looking like it will be a good trip, anybody else want to join us? You know you want to :D

Hi Paul,

I be going on my own, but cant get a room yet.

214nsx
13-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Hi Phil, are you sure about that? I just got a quote of £140 return for those dates and times....

Hi, Im looking at this www.eurotunnel.com (http://www.eurotunnel.com) are you the same? have you booked?

regards
phillip

NSXGB
14-07-2011, 06:17 AM
I'll be bringing Hayley with me and will hopefully know by Friday if it's on for definite. Fingers crossed.
Phil, I've not paid the money but that's what I aim to book.

214nsx
14-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi guys,

Im all booked just manage to get a room but it about 6miles away from diana where paul and other stay.

NSX 2000
14-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi guys,

Im all booked just manage to get a room but it about 6miles away from diana where paul and other stay.

Hi Philip

What about these?

http://www.haus-pitlane.de/eng/index.html

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/en/home/ We will be eating here on Saturday night as well.

http://www.pension-retterath.de/html/english.html We are staying up the road from this one.

http://www.hotel-an-der-nordschleife.de/hotel/index.php

HTH

Paul

NSXGB
20-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Don't forget to tell your insurance companies that you're going abroad lads...

NSXGB
28-07-2011, 06:17 PM
I finally got my holiday granted....unfortunately I've put my back out, so I'll not be joining in this weekend ;-(
Drive safe and have a great time lads.

NSX 2000
28-07-2011, 10:06 PM
I finally got my holiday granted....unfortunately I've put my back out, so I'll not be joining in this weekend ;-(
Drive safe and have a great time lads.

Sorry you can't make it, but I did tell Hayley that position could put your back out :D Now I'll just have to look at Gary's rack all trip :laugh:

NSX 2000
29-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Right then, what time do we all want to meet at the Eurotunnel then?

Paul

ollie
29-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Right then, what time do we all want to meet at the Eurotunnel then?

Paul

i plan to arrive about 6.45 am

steve

Silver Surfer
29-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Same.

Kare

gumball
29-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Good luck, stay safe, but don't drive too slow. ;)

NSX 2000
29-07-2011, 05:17 PM
i plan to arrive about 6.45 am

steve

Same.

Kare

6:45am it is then.

DO NOT FORGET YOUR PASSPORT!

Senninha
29-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Have a great and safe trip boys ... watch the speed in France ... they do love an English reg number for eaasy money.

See you all soon and dont forget your cameras!

regards, Paul