PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Red NSX Herts

mr_tim
15-04-2004, 09:59 PM
No sooner than I register here and I spot what must be one of only a handful of times I've seen one out on the road.

Good looking car!

Kevin
16-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Could be Damian's new car coming back from service. Where was it? I'm in Herts, have you not seen my black one? You'd have to be lucky as its only out 5 times a year! There's usually one driving around Letchworth, going to or coming from Norton Way Honda.

DamianW
17-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Indeed, that was my thought... hope it was being driven sensibly ... :?

mr_tim
18-04-2004, 09:45 AM
It was St Albans. Good to see one out and about 8)

Welshman
21-04-2004, 07:31 AM
I saw a yellow pre 2002 model in Birmingham about 3 weeks ago. That's my sighting for the year done.

mr_tim
02-05-2004, 01:44 PM
A blue one this time. Just started out on my mountain bike, when a very nice blue NSX on a Y plate came past.

Two now - surely it's a sign :? :wink:

Nick Graves
09-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Hello Guys,

Morning Welshman!

That Red one could well be the one that was for sale at Brayley Honda last year.

I took it out for a test drive last year - It was a truly lovely car and one of the most memorable drives I have had. I can feel the buzz now.

I was very close to buying it myself, but since I already have an S2000 in the garage, I couldn't actually justify it in the end.

I hope its owner looks after it and enjoys it properly.

DamianW
09-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi Nick ... I bought the red NSX at Brayleys (photos of it are in the photo gallery). I love the car to bits, and I'm certainly looking after it. Spent a day a week or so ago Zymolling it and it looks fabulous, really helped bring out the colour.

Welshman
09-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Hello Guys,

Morning Welshman!

That Red one could well be the one that was for sale at Brayley Honda last year.

I took it out for a test drive last year - It was a truly lovely car and one of the most memorable drives I have had. I can feel the buzz now.

I was very close to buying it myself, but since I already have an S2000 in the garage, I couldn't actually justify it in the end.

I hope its owner looks after it and enjoys it properly.

Morning Nick

Nice to see you on this side of the "pond" for a change.

Nick Graves
09-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Hi Damian.

You lucky bugger! :)

That is a very lovely low mileage example. I was soooo tempted!

Hi Welshman,

Yes, I followed your mention of it and found it!

I have looked for similar sites, but they are all American.

I don't have a problem with that, but of course, the British experience is somewhat different.

Welshman
09-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Yes not a lot of traffic on this site compared with nsxprime but at least you don't get Americans emoting about their love life over here. Now please nobody take that as an invitation to follow the Yanks lead in these matters.

Nick Graves
09-07-2004, 05:22 PM
:D

Emotions? Hardly the done thing, old chap!

Unless it's a perfectly normal, non-(ahem) one between a man and his Honda, I suppose.

:wink:

Seems quite a lively place, given the extreme rarity of the breed.

Welshman
10-07-2004, 02:31 AM
:D

Emotions? Hardly the done thing, old chap!

Unless it's a perfectly normal, non-(ahem) one between a man and his Honda, I suppose.

Seems quite a lively place, given the extreme rarity of the breed.

Unfortunately there is no concept of the stiff upper lip over there. I need more emoticons to properly explain it. :shock:

lharring
23-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi everyone,

The red NSX spotted in St Albans could have been mine. I live in Hemel Hemsptead but to go over to St Albans a lot.

On that subject I've seen a red (Acura - I think) NSX around Hemel a few times recently. We gave each other a thumbs up sign as it was passing me heading down towards the magic roundabout a few weeks back.

Anybody want to own up to being the owner?

Liam

indycos
20-04-2006, 01:29 AM
This is the RED ACURA which now has black wheels right?

you saw it with the AZEV wheels? (Lambo Diablo/Countach style rims)

simonprelude
20-04-2006, 09:30 AM
The Red Acura sounds like the one in Hemel Hempstead, LHD of course.

The guy I think is called Zolfie :) (Never got him to spell it)

Supposed to be about 320 fwhp with various mods, header, decat etc.

He is out quite often now, have suggested a meet up at some stage, suppose will be better with some sun :)

indycos
20-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Thats the one Simon.

Do you remember a guy with an Estoril Blue BMW 8-series???
Going up the A41 bypass?

ctrlaltdelboy
20-04-2006, 02:10 PM
unlikely - possibly 320 rwhp though

indycos
20-04-2006, 04:08 PM
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/2630/acuransx9op.jpg

Here you go. This is the one one im talking about 8)

A proper car :D

(sorry about the quality, i took it on my phone while popping over to see family)

Papalazarou
20-04-2006, 04:29 PM
I don't know why people bother putting number plates on the front at all. :roll:

indycos
20-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I blocked the plate out because I am unsure how the owner would feel with me putting pics up of his car. :roll:

Even though Simon will know the plate, im still not going to be the one sharing it on here :)

I have spotted 2 Black NSX's in the area, one Gold/orange or whatever its called (which is simons) and this Red Acura.
There used to be another black one a few years back which "zolfie" used to own. I think that one was standard.

simonprelude
20-04-2006, 04:56 PM
320 hp at the flywheel then !! (Guesstimated of course)

fwhp doesn't really translate well as fly wheel horse power does it ;)

unlikely - possibly 320 rwhp though

simonprelude
20-04-2006, 04:57 PM
I do, I also remember slowing down enough to not 'jump' over the hump back bridge by the Honda garage :)

Thats the one Simon.

Do you remember a guy with an Estoril Blue BMW 8-series???
Going up the A41 bypass?

indycos
20-04-2006, 04:59 PM
that was my brother in the BM :lol:

160k 840ci!!!

ctrlaltdelboy
22-04-2006, 12:16 PM
the off-topic conversation regarding interpretation and emoticons, has been relocated here (http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1379)