PDA

View Full Version : Wheels refurbed

Geraint
21-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Just had my wheels back from being refurbished.

My rear tyres (Yoko A022s) were borderline legal, the fronts (Yoko A043s) were fine but don't seem to be available in the larger rear size, so I decided to bite the bullet, replace all four with AD08s, and get the wheels tidied up at the same time.

They weren't that bad, just a few minor kerb marks and scuffs, but Honda don't seem to bother finishing the rears of the wheels all that well and so corrosion attacks the paint around from the back of the spokes.

Some pics:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm104/gce68/NSX/NSXwheels1.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm104/gce68/NSX/NSXwheels2.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm104/gce68/NSX/NSXwheels3.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm104/gce68/NSX/NSXwheels4.jpg

I'm pleased with the job, nice glassy finish and properly protected on the rear. Colour is the OEM Solaris Silver NH-536M.

No pics on the car yet as it's still in bits with other parts away for servicing.

Refurb was done by Rimfurbish in Birmingham www.rimfurbish.co.uk
Tyres came from Rarerims www.rarerims.co.uk

nobby
21-04-2011, 04:55 PM
look well mate, tidy job :)

SILVER BULLET
21-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Like the wheels and those tyres look like they are very sticky,

Cheers,

Ian

unclebob
22-04-2011, 10:19 AM
hello

your wheels look great, how much did they charge as i need mine doin as well?

thanks

aijaz

gumball
22-04-2011, 10:49 AM
They look really nicely done. When mine were done they finished by hammering the weights on to the outside rim. lol.. or :sadface:

Justin
22-04-2011, 11:07 AM
lovely. you can't beat fresh wheels :)

Geraint
22-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the comments chaps, really pleased with them myself and I am pretty fussy! :)

how much did they charge as i need mine doin as well?

The original quote I got was as follows:

"Normal costs would be £55 per wheel inc vat, using one of the silvers we carry in stock which is usually BBS silver or Opal silver. A surcharge for special order colour, and to paint the back of the wheel would be £80 inc vat for the set.
I can't get hold of the Yokohamas but could source:
215 45 16 Bridgstone RE040 86W £110.28 inc vat per tyre
245 40 17 Bridgstone RE050 MZ 91W £143.88 inc vat per tyre.
Tyre strip, re-fit and balance is £30 inc vat per set, and carriage is £25 inc vat each way wheels and tyres, £20 wheels only. "

I'd decided I really wanted AD08s so ordered them from Rarerims for delivery to Rimfurbish, this was fine with both places and saved me a bit of cost and hassle.

All up cost to me was about £390, not including purchase of the tyres obviously. That included the basic repaint, custom colour, insides finished, removal of old tyres, fitting and balance of the new ones, carriage for wheels and tyres both ways plus return of my old front tyres as they still have a lot of meat left on them and I'll either sell them or use them on my Integra.

The 'extras' ie carriage and tyre fitting do add up nicely, but I think £220 for the basic job is very good value for what they do, ie full strip, repaint and low bake.

I'd definitely use them again, no doubt about it.

Hope that helps :)

Senninha
22-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Like the wheels and those tyres look like they are very sticky,

Cheers,

Ian

I'll let you know as I'm fitting mine over the weekend :)

unclebob
23-04-2011, 10:01 AM
did you have the centre caps done? any pics?

Geraint
23-04-2011, 11:31 AM
No, they asked me not to send them the caps. The colour isn't a perfect match, but it's not bad, and I'll live with it.

The caps need a bit of work - picking the 'H' out with a fresh lick of black paint, and I may give them a coat of lacquer to match the shine of the wheels.

I'll get some pics when I've done that and they're on the car.

TheSebringOne
26-04-2011, 10:56 PM
A bit late on this thread, the refurb looks to be of the highest standard.

Just a shame they are in Birmingham, unless I send it to them may be and its got a year gaurantee.