PDA

View Full Version : NSX-R on new Honda advert...

TheQuietOne
03-12-2005, 12:34 AM
Hi,

Just saw the new Honda advert on TV, and was so excited (much to the bemusement of the people I was with) to see a shot of an NSX-R after the shot of an S2K! What a treat for the next few weeks...almost worth watching TV for!!

Anyway just a heads up to keep an eye out for it, the advert features all sorts of Honda powered things, even a hot air balloon!

P.S. Does anyone know what the waterfalls at the end are called and where they are?

Matt.

BrownBear
03-12-2005, 08:43 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but my brother in law told me about it - great move from the Honda PR people though- Sell a car for 14 years, then when you stop making it, put it in an advert on the TV - Genius!

jaytip
03-12-2005, 01:08 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but my brother in law told me about it - great move from the Honda PR people though- Sell a car for 14 years, then when you stop making it, put it in an advert on the TV - Genius!
PLUS it's a model of the NSX that they never offered us anyway :roll:

markc
03-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Not sure which waterfalls it is but the new ad "Impossible Dream" can be viewed at the Honda UK website homepage here.... http://www.honda.co.uk/

From the main link you can click on links to the Honda models usedin the ad including the NSX-R. A english guy gives a not terribly good explaination of the Type-R (applogies if that's our own Fusilov) used on the shoot.

To be fair most of the Honda kit on show in the ad is old not just the NSX, it's probably a heritage thing?

Apparantly there is another new advert coming out called "Choir" which is supposed to be pretty special as well.

They're trying to follow the critical acclaim of "Cog" and "Grr".

Mark

Sagacitas
04-12-2005, 12:47 PM
I saw the advert last night for the first time. Good advert. Like Mark said most of the stuff in the advert is fairly old.

I was surprised to see the ballon at the end though. I expected to see the Honda jet fly out of the mist. Balloon was nice, jet would have been so much better though. :D

Richard

wgmr
05-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I too was so excited, my girlfriend found it rather odd to see me pointing at the screen and shouting NSX, NSX!

Still by owning an NSX and being on this site it was always a more likely reaction I suppose!

Rob_Fenn
06-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the web link Mark, NSX Vid is cool!

markc
14-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Just seen that latest Honda add on telly.... "Choir", the follow up to "Cog" and "Impossible Dream".

It's for the new Civic and is what a Honda "feels like". Very cleverly done, personally I like the cobbled road bit best. :D

See it in full on the Honda website here... http://www.honda.co.uk/civic/

Mark

tommy
15-01-2006, 03:27 PM
if you buy february's top gear mag you can read about the add in there

Mr_Spanners
15-01-2006, 04:16 PM
The 'Choir' advert is right up there with 'Cog' and Honda's other 'left of centre' adverts.... although I'm not sure the noise generated by the men using a pinched finger and thumb to pull their cheeks in and out belongs on pre-watershed telly!!! :shock: :wink:

~Phil.

AnArtist
15-01-2006, 04:24 PM
P.S. Does anyone know what the waterfalls at the end are called and where they are?

Iguazu Falls, Argentina.

TheQuietOne
15-01-2006, 04:29 PM

Iguazu Falls, Argentina.

Hi,

Thanks for that...put that on my places to fly over list :wink: ....

Matt

23-01-2006, 05:40 PM
I too was so excited, my girlfriend found it rather odd to see me pointing at the screen and shouting NSX, NSX!
If your girlfriend thought it strange, then that’s better than what I heard from mine.
She saw a show with a Corvette on the telly, and she says to me, “Look Pete, a car like yours. I taped it for you.”

Hummmph. Are we strange?!