PDA

View Full Version : Hello... and another 'do you know this car?'

Kafkarides
06-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi guys,

First post here, although I've been looking around a bit over the past few days.

I've decided to buy an NSX and have been looking around online (mostly Autotrader and Pistonheads) over the past couple of weeks. I'm going on a bit of a European road trip soon and feel that an NSX will be a great car to do it in - rare, good to drive, reliable, practical, etc.

There are not a huge selection available to buy right now. However, the most tempting out there is a dark green targa, 1997, registration R11 NSX. I was wondering if this is known to members of the forum?

If I'm honest, I'm not mad about the colour but was thinking a vinyl wrap would be a good solution (white with black roof, mirrors, and rear wing, NSX-R style).

I'm trading-in my Golf R32 tomorrow (I'm not patient enough to wait any longer to sell privately I'm afraid). So am ready to move quite quickly if, of course, everything adds up and it is in good condition.

Thanks,

Al.

P.S. Pretty interested in swinging by Pau on my trip as has been discussed on another post! :)

Justin
06-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Welcome along! NSXs are superb roadtrip cars, as many on here will testify!

And, from a cursory scan of the market, I can see where you're coming from with the "There are not a huge selection available to buy right now" line... but actually, there's quite a volume just now (admittedly not all superb, but hey) ...remember that there are c.400 cars in the whole country!!

I'm sure you've read all the excellent buying guides on here. If not, do! :)

nobby
06-04-2011, 11:35 PM
glad to hear you are getting rid of that German muck! :)

welcome along to the forum, and hope you get an NSX suitable for you.

The NSX is a superb tourer, i took mine over from N. Ireland to France, Switzerland and Germany and I rarely ever got tired driving and i done serious mileage. she never missed a beat and she got looks galore

you will not be disappointed in changing from an R32 ...

as justin said keep in mind the limited market. check ebay there are a couple of other NSX's listed on there that may not be on your radar.

The Charlotte Green is nice in the flesh, so dont let that put you off. with a good detail it will come up very well.

good luck, hope to hear about your new pride and joy in due course

regards

Justin
07-04-2011, 08:08 AM
The Charlotte Green is nice in the flesh, so dont let that put you off. with a good detail it will come up very well.

+1. I think the whole "wrap" thing has been done now and is over. As has the whole "white" thing.

Like fitting an avacado bathroom suite right at the end of the seventies.... ;) :eek: ;)

Kafkarides
07-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys!

I'll keep you posted.

Sudesh
08-04-2011, 09:20 PM
If I'm honest, I'm not mad about the colour but was thinking a vinyl wrap would be a good solution (white with black roof, mirrors, and rear wing, NSX-R style).

I've seen that plate before, cant recall if it was a members car at one time though? Its one of those Marmite colors, either you like it or dont, personally I think its ok, polished up it looks real nice and at nite, looks black!

As for the NSX-R idea, remember pre-facelift NSX-R didnt have black mirrors or black rear wing!

Nick Graves
05-05-2011, 04:28 PM
avocado bathroom suites & charlotte greens in the same post.

That sums it up, in a nutsert; I turned down a lovely example because I couldn't get on with it personally. I had a BRG MX-5 once and that's probably why.

But don't let that put you off.