PDA

View Full Version : NSX mats wanted...

TheQuietOne
29-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Hi,

I'm after some NSX mats, ideally grey or black. They are for my 2000 3.2 Red/Black RHD with grey carpet.

If anyone can help or has any procurement suggestions please let me know!

Thanks,

Matt.

ctrlaltdelboy
30-11-2005, 02:40 AM
I have these ones in my baby
http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/TypeR/floormats_mother_goose/index.cfm?focus=1065

for when only the best is good enough ;)

TheQuietOne
30-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Wow. :shock: ..think my girlfriend would object to a payment holiday on our mortgage to fund some mats, depsite her loving the car :wink:

Thanks for the link though

Flinty
30-11-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm after a set too.

Have asked for some for xmas - HUK charge £200 a set :shock:

Just in case we can get enough takers to warrant a group shipping from Dali or similar ?

Cheers

DTA-Motorsport
12-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I use a company that tailor make car mats and boot overmats for my main target market - Nissan 300ZX's. They have the templates for most Japanese cars and I will ask them how much a set of NSX mats is likely to cost. The options I can offer are material colour, binding colour, aluminium or material heel plate and possibly a logo (not stitched into the material though). A set of 4 mats (2x front and 2x rear) for a 300ZX typically comes in at about £105 plus postage. Price depends on options, material choice and template complexity. I will make some enquiries and get back to you.

Cheers!

Dan

TheQuietOne
12-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi Danny,

Sounds good, maybe something else we can look at on my CAD Sample Maker when you pop round this week to look at the boxes? I can produce a set of templates and output in any format if necessary (we can cut the samples on the Zund too to double check). Might be one for after Christmas though, probably not 5 mins work!

Sounds like a winner though to me!

Matt.

DTA-Motorsport
12-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, a bit quicker than I thought but I've just had the price breakdown for NSX mats. Turns out that this particular company supplied the mats for the last 6 NSX's Honda brought into this country! So even Honda uses them and at least we know they've got the correct template!

The price of a pair of mats (delivered) is £90

This gets you a pair of mats in any colour base material and any colour binding and two fasteners.

Options:

Material heel plate (driver side only): £9
Ally heel plate (" --- "): £12
NSX Logo (pair): £12

So, a fully optioned pair of mats would cost £123 delivered.

The lead time for these is around 7 working days and the first orders can be placed in the New Year (they're closing for Christmas).

Here's some more info on colours and materials:

Base material and heel plate colours available: Black, Grey, Royal Blue, Bright Red, Burgundy, Anthracite, Beige and Navy Blue

Binding colours available: Black, Grey, Silver, White, Red, Burgundy, Navy Blue, Royal Blue, Beige, Yellow and Purple

The alloy heel plates are a bit difficult to describe but three styles are available - two with open holes and one with recessed but not open holes. I'll ask for some pictures.

The NSX logo (or any other logo if you wish - apart from "Honda") will be in the correct font - if you know what I mean.

When ordering I will need to know the year of the car, RHD or LHD and whether it has a foot rest or not.

Let me know if this is of any interest to anyone and we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Dan

PS - Matt, sounds like a good idea, will call you tomorrow to organise a time this week.

DamianW
12-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi Dan -

I am definitely interested in replacing the horrid dull grey things my car currently sports. Thinking of red mats, black binding, cloth heel given your options. Any pictures? Would be nice to see something first.

Cheers,
Damian

DTA-Motorsport
12-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Hello Damian,

Your combo shouldn't be a problem. I'll see what I can do about getting my mits on a pair of mats with all the options as a sample. Will keep the forum informed but it won't be until after Jan 1st as the company is closing for Christmas.

Dan

DamianW
13-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Ok Dan, January suits me as I'm suffering credit card meltdown this month anyway :lol:

Flinty
18-12-2005, 03:18 PM
I'll have a set please Dan.

Black, with black piping, black material heel plate, with Silver or White NSX logo. Nice work.

PM me to arrange payment and delivery ?

Cheers

Flinty

DTA-Motorsport
19-12-2005, 12:16 PM
OK guys, I'm just finalising the details with the company in question and will be ready to take orders (and payments) in a day or so. Please bear with me whilst I get this sorted out properly. Delivery will now not be until the first part of January 06 - hope that isn't too inconvenient. I'll post here and pm those who've indicated they wish to place an order in the next day or so.

Thanks!

Dan

DTA-Motorsport
09-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

Just a quick note to keep you all informed of our progress with these mats.

The first set (for X626BLB) has been ordered and will be delivered during the week of January 16th.

Being overly cautious, I would like to wait until the first set has been received before taking orders and payments for subsequent orders. This will allow me to assertain whether the mats fit perfectly or if there is room for improvement. I hope you understand the way I work and why. I have no reason to doubt the fitment or quality of these mats, afterall - Honda UK ordered the same mats for all of the last NSX's sold in the UK, but I'd just like to be 100% sure.

I'll post up pictures once the first set has been received.

Thanks again for your patience, understanding and support.

Kind regards,

Dan

TheQuietOne
28-01-2006, 10:15 AM
I know Dan will post the pics in the next few days, but just to let you all know the first set of mats are in my car black with black binding red stiching on the binding, and a black fabric heel plate, with red nsx embriodered.

They are fantastic, fit perfectly, and reall tidy up the interior for me, blending in with the dash and all other black bits....

I'd give them 10/10!

Flinty
30-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Dan - to confirm my order - please get me a set, black, black, black with silver or white NSX logo.

Fabric heel plate, with footrest cut out.

PM me with details and i'll send the wonga.

Flinty

DTA-Motorsport
30-01-2006, 02:06 PM
HI guys!

So sorry for the delay in getting the pics up. It's been a combination of trying to run a rapidly expanding business, designing a new e-commerce enabled website (and I ain't no webdesigner ...;-)) and giving enough attention to my wife ...

Matt's mats (pardon the pun) look absolutely stunning and I'm just about to do some photoshopping on the pictures I took (to resize them) and will post them up in the DTA-Motorsport section as well as here.

I'm now ready to take further orders - starting with Flinty - so please add your order onto the next thread (with pics), drop me an e-mail on info@dta-motorsport.co.uk or phone me on 07044016586 during business hours.

Once again my apologies for the delay!

Regards,

Dan

DTA-Motorsport
30-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Here are the pics of the first set of mats delivered earlier last week.

Spec:

Black material, black material heel plate (driver side only), red stitching, red NSX logo (both sides)

I've placed a thread in the DTA-Motorsport section for you to look at the specifications and prices and also to place your orders.

Many thanks!

Dan