View Full Version : Toad alarm A51S/A101CL

jpspringall
28-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi,

When I brought the car it came fitted with a Toad alarm A51S/A101CL. It worked absolutely fine until it got flat-bedded back in October due to the master relay dying.

Since I’ve got it back, the remote central unlocking refuses to work. It will lock and immobilise the car fine. However when unlocking the car, the central unlocking no longer works and has to be done by the key. You still have to press the button on the key fob however to deactivate the immobiliser.

Unfortunately the previous owner has no documentation on it and claims that it was fitted by Honda UK themselves. I’m inclined to believe him, as he’s been helpful in the past.

This in turn leads onto the problem that I have no idea where the over-ride switch is or what the pin number is for the device.

And since I don’t know the pin or the location of the service override switch I can’t find anyone who is willing to take a look at it.

I’ve looked at the following thread, but it’s not quite the same, at least mine will start!

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?6138-Electrical-alarm-issue&highlight=toad (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?6138-Electrical-alarm-issue&highlight=toad)

And as Kaz asked the question in that thread, I’ll add the fact that it is a ’97 Auto with OEM immobilizer.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Many Thanks

James

kingsley
30-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi James,
I have just seen this thread ...I have a Toad alarm system. Ai606 Cat 1 Toad should come with Lifetime warranty. This one was already fitted on my car and was installed by Sextons Car Alarms Wandsworth London. Not sure where you live but they have branches in Bath, Bristol, Reading, Swindon,and Trowbridge. Toad also have a National Control Centre 0208 7107795 my be a call them.

Kingsley

jpspringall
30-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Cheers Kingsley,

Unfortauntely toad alarms no longer exist within the UK, if you try and phone that number you get through to toad insurance services.

The other problem, i had was that i spoke to a couple of car alarm places but they refused to touch it once i mentioned that it was an NSX, and i didnt know where it was located.

Having said that my local honda garage fixed for it me, so all good now.

Cheers

James