PDA

View Full Version : Bargain NSX

Driver Matt
16-03-2011, 01:05 PM
I unfortunately have to sell the NSX as it infuriates my wife, this makes suitable care and attention of the car impossible due to a difference in priorities.

Key question is whether to carry out work needed or to sell at a large discount as is ?
The car is a Silver 1999 3.2 with pop up lights. Just over 100,000 miles.
Work needed is :
Clutch slips slightly before biting. It seems that a seal is weeping onto it, probably the crank seal.
Air con pump was removed when it seized about a year ago and has not been replaced.
The car will need a cam belt service in the next 20,000 miles.
There is a chip in the bottom corner of the windshield but it's stable and has not grown.

Any advice ( I refuse to exchange wife instead due to raising children ) ?

I would be willing to accept £15,500 as is. Quote for all work bar windscreen is £3,700 so quite a bargain. Sorry to be leaving the fold.

Hagasan
16-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Sounds a good deal 99 car for a DIY'er or someone willing to shop around/do home work on parts sourcing from the US etc and negotiate labour only with a competent garage..

Good luck if it has to go....

TheSebringOne
17-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Sorry to hear that you have to sell!

Looks like a bargain if all the work plus the car comes in under £20K.

gumball
17-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Better off getting the work done before selling to get some more money. Bad enough having to sell, without her going for a pitance.
Good luck either way.

AR
17-03-2011, 10:20 AM
IMHO you should at least sort out the windscreen as it will be minimal investment and greatly improve appearance and help the sale.

etang789
18-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Im interested... Check PM

Senninha
22-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Good luck with the sale, if you've the time/inclination then small excess equals new glass and few extra ££

Wish I had the spare cash as I'd make this my great daily and ditch the Merc ....

regards,

AR
22-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Good luck with the sale, if you've the time/incination then small excess equals new glass and few extra ££

Wish I had the spare cash as I'd make this my great daily and ditch the Merc ....

regards,

Paul C350 with D6 and Brabus Exhaust. :)