PDA

View Full Version : What is my NSX worth?

Tom_
07-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Due to a house-move, I'm gutted to have to think of selling my NSX. It's a car that I think is well-known to this board, having been owned for a while by gsuds. I bought in in Jan 2010 at 107k miles for a good price, knowing that there were various issues that needed to be fixed.

Basic spec

Silver 1993 NA1
Manual
111k miles
Later model wheels (if anyone can name the wheels for me, I'd be grateful!)
HID upgrade (dipped)

During several months spent with Plans Motorsport, it had:

new clutch & flywheel
major cambelt service
new front brake pads
four new knuckles (the part needed to replace a worn balljoint)

It's also just had two new front tyres.

As you can tell, it's had major ££££s spent, as my intention was to get it back to top condition and keep it for years. I'm not going to get back the money I spent on it, but that's life. Since getting it back from Plans, I've done ~800 miles/month in it, using it as a daily, and doing some long journeys, and it's been absolutely flawless. The engine is sweet, burning no oil, and on a recent tank (a few shorter journeys and then a stead run from Lancashire to London) it returned 28.9mpg!

The only bad bits I know of:

Lazy passenger window (just haven't got around to fixing this yet, as per: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135277 )
Partly seized automatic arial - it goes up/down maybe 75%
Slightly tired half-shafts - this causes no problem at all, apart from a slight noise on low-speed manoeuvring
A few paintwork blemishes which reflect its age & mileage

It's an ideal car for someone who just wants to enjoy an NA1 NSX for a while, safe in the knowledge that lots of the trouble areas have been dealt with.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4413511171_4dc360054e_z.jpg

SILVER BULLET
07-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Tom, negotiate a better price on the new house, borrow even more money, sell the Lotus, sell the pets, sell the kids:eek:, but don't sell the NSX:no:. It's the only thing increasing in value !

Cheers,

Ian

NSXGB
07-03-2011, 08:18 PM
....and it's the best colour...(fastest too)..

Tom_
07-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Tom, negotiate a better price on the new house, borrow even more money, sell the Lotus, sell the pets, sell the kids:eek:, but don't sell the NSX:no:. It's the only thing increasing in value !

Cheers,

IanBelieve me, I'd love to keep it. The problem is not the money, but that the new house only has on-street parking. I'll happily use an NSX as a daily, but I won't subject it to being parked on the street, day-in, day-out, for years.

I've also thought of storing it, but that would just be a waste. :(

Greybloke
07-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Tom, good luck finding a new home for her.

When sold you will qualify to join my new sub section, the "I had to let my lovely NSX go" club

Tom_
07-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Tom, good luck finding a new home for her.Thanks :)

When sold you will qualify to join my new sub section, the "I had to let my lovely NSX go" club:(

So... anyone got any thoughts as to the value? :)

Silver Surfer
07-03-2011, 11:36 PM
£18-19k if you want to sell it fairly quick...It has appreciated since Gsuds sold it and you have done some work on it.
Current classified has no competively priced NSX for around that sum.

SS

Tom_
08-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Okay... thanks, that's decent enough. :)

Forgot to add a couple of the extras it's got:

Decatted DC Sports stainless exhaust (cats supplied with car) - really nice, as it's quiet on a cruise, but wakes up when you want it to!
Pioneer AVIC-F900BT radio/CD/DVD/MP3/video/Sat-nav hifi unit

Lankstarr
08-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Nice ezxtras and looks nice.

Agree 18995, take anything over 18.

Shame you;ve spent so much on it as it should provide trouble free motoring for some lucky punter!

L*

Senninha
08-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Given the wealth of history with this NSX, that sounds like a great deal for someone entering NSX ownership as pretty much all the big ticket items are complete ... just fill and enjoy!!

Good luck with the sale

Tom_
08-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks, guys. I really am gutted that I'm not going to be able to enjoy it for a much longer time; I never even got to take it to the 'Ring.. :(

In response to a PM, and just in case anyone viewing the thread is interested, here are some more pictures including shots of the interior taken today:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28497938@N06/sets/72157623447815817/

It will be appearing in the classifieds here and on PH shortly... :(

Silver Surfer
08-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Just seen the pics...get some of that 'liquid leather' stuff and make those seats look like new!...then put it up for £19995 on PH.

SS

NSXGB
08-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Good luck with the sale.

sutats
30-03-2011, 04:53 AM
Hopefully you're getting some nibbles now at your new lower price. It's tricky trying to sell any car for this kind of money at the mileage it's at. I think £18k is the ceiling asking price. Good luck.

TheSebringOne
31-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Good luck with the sale, its a shame having to sell after spending quite a bit of money on it.

Storage could be an option, may be a secure lock up? I'm not sure of the cost in Herts, but I looked
at some a while back in Manchester & they were abot £50 to £70 per month.

Alf Tupper
31-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi Tom

Have you thought about going to Japfest? A "for sale" sign in the back window would generate lots of interest I'd imagine...

Senninha
31-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Good point about JApfest ... I've seen several sold over the past 4 years ... so definately worth a go if you can make the event