PDA

View Full Version : Donington Historic Festival ; April 30 / 1 May 2011

nationofzeros
06-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Some of you may have spotted that the rejuvenated Donington is holding an interesting sounding new historic motorport festival inc. Group C, Group B rallycars, Historic F2, Touring Cars, etc etc

In other words, a smaller scale version of the Silverstone Classic from what I can discern

Website = www.doningtonhistoric.com (http://www.doningtonhistoric.com)

They are looking to attract car clubs via a 2 for 1 ticket deal, dedicated club display areas next to the paddocks and trade village, and track parades for invited club members

With Japfest, Gaydon Silverstone as the dominant events of our 'season' I doubt if we could orchestrate a record breaking turnout but even if we only got 10 cars or so, it would be good to suport poor old Donington and the scene in general. Having had a (passenger) run down the Craner Curves in a winning race prep F328 driven by Ben Cartwright last year, I do fancy doing it myself in an NSX !

Does anyone fancy having a go at organising this one ?

Chris

Senninha
10-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi Chris,

I'd like to go on the Saturday April 30th.

Simply dont have time to take up the org challenge at present.

Anyone else tempted??

regards, Paul

nationofzeros
13-03-2011, 10:57 AM
OK, any more interested in going on Sat April 30th ? If we get a few takers then I think we can make a mini event out of it, and organise a nice club 'spot' in the heart of the action

???

Chris

Nytram
13-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi Chris

Count me in, and thanks for organising it.

Cheers Martyn.

nationofzeros
15-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Well done Martyn, your car will certainly be a stand-out on the day

On the small point of organising this, I wouldn't mind doing it normally but am out of country / out of contact for the 3 weeks preceding the event - I'm sure it wont take much doing if anyone has a little spare time - 'for king & country' etc etc...

Also - any more keen NSXers within an hour of Donington who fancy displaying some pukka Japanese aluminium & possibly getting a run round the track ??? Surely the ideal antidote to 'Kate-mania' ?

Chris

havoc
15-03-2011, 10:07 PM
I'd normally be signed up already Chris as it's one of my two 'local' circuits, but it looks like I'm heading down to Goodwood on the Sunday and provisionally out on the Friday too. If I'm not busy on the Friday though I'll definitely turn up on the Saturday.

Senninha
19-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Any updates / ownership of this event ... If not I'll probably just pop along solo ...

Regards, Paul

Nytram
21-04-2011, 08:01 AM
I still fancy going to this one work/time permitting.
Please post any developments.

cheers Martyn

Nytram
28-04-2011, 07:50 AM
I have just contacted them asking if it's too late for us to join in, they have said if we book our tickets by noon today and I forward names, then they can leave infield passes on the gate, and maybe include us in the parade laps.
Anybody fancy another club event?

Cheers Martyn.

Nytram
30-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Hi guys,

Been today, I managed to get 10 infield passes for tomorrow if anyone is fancying it! Plenty to look at and some high profile names. Even met black stig :)

Regards Martyn

Senninha
30-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi Martyn,

As per PM I'm unable to join you but hope you have a good day 2mrow.

regards, Paul

NSXGB
01-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Any Pictures of the event?

Nytram
02-05-2011, 02:09 PM
9181918291839184[QUOTE=NSXGB;83960]Any Pictures of the event

I am hopeless with a camara, mainly forgetting to use it, but here are a couple from saturday with my NSX looking like "Billy no mates".
A good event this one and will only get better with the growing interest in the Historic races.
Hopefully we can get more NSX's there next year.
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/images/misc/pencil.png