View Full Version : Wheel sensor.

gumball
01-03-2011, 03:43 PM
My abs/tcs problem has been traced to a front wheel sensor but Honda can't get hold of one till april. :(
Also getting a couple of oil leaks fixed(cam cover & sump gaskets)
The air-con packed up on the way to Letchworth too, sometimes car ownership can be a right pain.

Also can I just ask about any ECUs floating about? Kaz mentioned that someone had a spare, but I forget who it was now(as it was 'just' the 02 heater circuit I'd just been trying to ignore the warning light, but it's something that needs doing, then she can go to Hong Kong,(kidding(I think..).

Thanks.

NSXGB
01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Where have you tried for the sensor?
I take it you've tried the US?

gumball
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
I know a couple of the aftermarket people, but don't know of a trusted dealer of oem parts out there.

NSXGB
01-03-2011, 10:33 PM
PM Hagasan, he has a good contact, I believe it was Acura of Reno.
I've used Tim Poliniak - formerly of Ray Laks Acura - new Acura dealership escapes me at the moment but can be contacted through this forum, user name OEMAcuraPartsTim.

Be lucky...

Sudesh
01-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Also getting a couple of oil leaks fixed(cam cover & sump gaskets)

I would also do the VTEC gaskets at the same time, not allot of money and easy enough to change if your in that far, easy enough to do also if your not stripping down. They are common enough for seeping, I have a set to do on my own car when I get a chance some time.

Sudesh
01-03-2011, 10:36 PM
PM Hagasan, he has a good contact, I believe it was Acura of Reno.
I've used Tim Poliniak - formerly of Ray Laks Acura - new Acura dealership escapes me at the moment but can be contacted through this forum, user name OEMAcuraPartsTim.

Be lucky...

http://oemacuraparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214055

NSXGB
01-03-2011, 10:39 PM
http://raylaksacura.com/
Tim does not work for Rak Laks any more....

Found an email from last year:
Tim Poliniak
Internet Parts Sales
Acura of Peoria
www.oemacuraparts.com (http://www.oemacuraparts.com)

Used Tim a few times now for deliveries within the US and to the UK. He's a helpful chap.

PS. Agree with Sudesh, get the spool valve gaskets & filters, might as well make your order worthwhile...

Sudesh
01-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Yeah I know! I edited the last post as I clicked the wrong thing lol

Tim does not work for Rak Laks any more....

Found an email from last year:
Tim Poliniak
Internet Parts Sales
Acura of Peoria
www.oemacuraparts.com (http://www.oemacuraparts.com)

Used Tim a few times now for deliveries within the US and to the UK. He's a helpful chap.

Hagasan
01-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I know a couple of the aftermarket people, but don't know of a trusted dealer of oem parts out there.

As per Simons comment, I use

NIC TERREY
NTERREY@FINDLAYAUTO.COM
FINDLAY ACURA
315 AUTO MALL DR.
HENDERSON, NV 89014
PHONE# 702-982-4160
FAX# 702-982-4166

Also, what ECU are you looking for? Engine one I take it? I don't know the year of your car. There was an early 3.0 one on ebay. I have a spare 3.2 ~1999-2000 vintage....

Hope this helps...

Gary

gumball
02-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the replies. :thumbsup:
My car is a 92 manual.

gumball
02-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Is the vtec gasket related to what they call a spool valve?

Paul G
02-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi Hagasan,

I might have a second hand one at home, I had two replaced a while back, but my fault came down to rear tyres, so I guess the sensors still ok, your welcome to try if that helps?

Cheers
PG

Kaz-kzukNA1
02-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi, gumball.

Do you know exactly which side of the Front wheel speed sensor you need?

If it is the Front Right, I know one owner who may want to sell his spare new one.

Please let me know as I need to check with this owner before I can forward his contact detail.

For the ECU, I still have the one for NSXCB. Part No. 37820-PR7-G02.

I checked your original equipment from your VIN and this is the same one on your NSX unless you modified something on the engine related hardware.

To be 100% sure, please check the parts no written on the side of your existing ECU.

Regarding the ECU at my place…

I believe this was originally purchased by Silver Surfer and then handed to forumadmin to be used for NSXCB.

Then, he forwarded it to me before moving abroad.

The aim was to allow UK NSX owners to use it in case of diagnosing engine control issue.

I have never even powered it up since I was handed over from forumadmin.

As I don’t know whether any other agreements were made between Silver Surfer, forumadmin and NSXCB or not, please check with them if you want to have this ECU.

It’s just sitting at my place together with other control boxes that other owners left with me for possible future usage such as this time....

Please double check that your O2 sensor and wiring between ECU and O2 sensors are no longer shorted before connecting this ECU.

I hope it is wiring issue and not the ECU failure....

Regards,
Kaz

Paul G
02-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi Hagasan,

I might have a second hand one at home, I had two replaced a while back, but my fault came down to rear tyres, so I guess the sensors still ok, your welcome to try if that helps?

Cheers
PG

Opps - I meant to say "Hi Gumball" in my response, no offence Hagasan!

gumball
02-03-2011, 02:51 PM
The sensor was a left hand front(had to be). Thank you for your kind offer Paul G, but I have ordered a pair of new ones and a crank pulley while I was at it from Sudesh's link(thank you).

Regarding the possiblity of buying the ECU, who is admin now? Is Kevin still kind of in charge?

Sudesh
02-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Is the vtec gasket related to what they call a spool valve?

Yeah sure is! Every NSX I have in so far all had slight seeping from there.

Silver Surfer
02-03-2011, 06:28 PM
The sensor was a left hand front(had to be). Thank you for your kind offer Paul G, but I have ordered a pair of new ones and a crank pulley while I was at it from Sudesh's link(thank you).

Regarding the possiblity of buying the ECU, who is admin now? Is Kevin still kind of in charge?

The ECU is mine...

SS

gumball
02-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah sure is! Every NSX I have in so far all had slight seeping from there.

I got in touch with Norton way this afternoon to ask them to do those too. Thanks again.

TheSebringOne
02-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Does anyone have a picture of this Spool Valve please.

gumball
03-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Does anyone have a picture of this Spool Valve please.

Here's a link of a walkthrough on prime,
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113606

Kaz-kzukNA1
03-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Bit off topic from the OP but in case someone decided to follow the above link to service the Spool Valve filters as DIY project….

Please note that depending on the spec of your NSX, you need to order the correct filters (two each of two filters).

I posted this in my TB service parts list but probably not noticed.

There are two spool valves in total on our engine.

Each valve uses two different filters.

Each photo shows the Upper one (*-PR3-005) for the earlier models and Lower one (*-P08-015, *-P08-005) for the later spec.

As you can see, they are in different shape and thickness is also different.

On later model, one of the filter doesn’t even have the ‘meshed filter’ and just a gasket.

In fact, the parts list states it as gasket and not as filter.

The other filter on the later spec is more broad/fat.

Hope this will help.

Kaz

gumball
19-03-2011, 11:20 AM
I haven't seen my car in quite a while now. The ECU might be on the car now but not heard anything from Norton way yet, the wheel sensors arrived from the US of A on Thursday(£84tax eek) sent to Norton way and should have arrived there yesterday. Service + MOT + oil leaks fixed + ECU change + sensors fitted = big bill no doubt. Oh well it's only money.

gumball
24-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Collected the bambino yesterday, all AOK! no warning lights! and a lot less money than I feared to! this good fortune has swung back in the form of a stomach bug though..

jaffaz32
24-03-2011, 04:13 PM
I got my Wheel speed sensor from Sience of Speed.

Fast delivery and had them in stock.

Some people get good results from cleaning them up.