PDA

View Full Version : NSX Valuation ??? Help...

Hafiz
01-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi Guys,

I had an accident in my black 96 NSX about 2 years ago, the insurance company are seriously undervaluing my car, arguing that glasses guide only value it at 8500. I have sent them all sorts, adverts from autotrader, pistonheads, etc showing how much they are worth, but they are not budging.

has anyone ever had this problem and what is the best way to deal with this please?

Thanks

NoelWatson
01-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I had an accident in my black 96 NSX about 2 years ago, the insurance company are seriously undervaluing my car, arguing that glasses guide only value it at 8500. I have sent them all sorts, adverts from autotrader, pistonheads, etc showing how much they are worth, but they are not budging.

has anyone ever had this problem and what is the best way to deal with this please?

Thanks

What was your estimated valuation when you took out the policy? This may be a good place to start

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/22/issue-22-motorinsurance.htm

Senninha
01-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Have you tried to HPI your car ... this can provide you a market value that should be hard to argue against by the insurance company assuming the car has not been recorded as a loss?

HTH, Paul

NSXGB
01-03-2011, 07:42 PM
You had an accident 2 years ago and you've still not got a pay out?

Dave J
01-03-2011, 08:35 PM
2 years ago? Have you been in dispute all this time? If your cover was for 'Market Value' then you'll need to submit around 10 proofs of market value then if they still offer you low money then onto the ombudsman as Noel said. Out of interest what company are you insured with?
Dave.

Hagasan
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Mmm, maybe he means he had a previous smaller accident which the insurance company are trying to say now affects the value??

Call it luck or whatever but time has certainly helped as the values are definitely higher than two years ago. I the original offer is two years ago then this time without settlement seems exceptional.....There are a few cars of the same age up for sale which should help the OP's argument. Glasses guide can't sample enough of these cars to acertain an accurate value surely. I used to be into Lancia Integrales, the EVO models. At the time when they were listed in Glasses for about £6k the were actually selling at ~£12k upwards.......3 years later, and after the "Top Gear Effect" they go for the high teens and sometimes more.....I so regret selling my first ever one, not because of the appreciation in value but just that the car was the bizz....any way I'm rambling.......

Good Luck....

Papalazarou
02-03-2011, 08:05 AM
When I was selling my 'went to HK' car I considered trading it, but I was getting valuations of around £18-20K. I spoke to glasses and they kicked the valuation up to £26K. Not bad, but not what I was hoping for. Haven't looked since, but imagine it's probably back down the scale again.
Just out of interest, what are the listed values for F328's, 355's, 983's etc?

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
02-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Interesting - The price of the Silverstone car I briefly had before (2006) was IIRC actually below Glasses - from a dealer! £52K IIRC. It seemed a spectacular deal at the time.

But there are few cars & they were entering their 'cheapo' period back then.

Funny old market.