View Full Version : Wanted NSX 3.2 in mint condition

ConorNZ
19-02-2011, 01:55 PM
WANTED - Mint 3.2 NSX

**Updated to reflect what I'm really after now**

Cash waiting for the right car by private buyer. The right car must have:

- Facelift i.e. '02 +
- Targa
- NA2 3.2 litre engine (which of course it would have being a facelift)
- Manual box
- Full service history
- Less than 30,000 miles
- All original tools, books, keys and parts (modified ok, provided original parts come with the car to return it to standard)
- Been looked after well and be in showroom/excellent condition
- Not IOP sorry

I’m a long time Honda fan, having owned the *** spec Prelude Type S and an S2000 in the past. Now would like to own Honda’s flagship and finally have the cash to do so!

I’m based on London. PM me, email at conornz "at" hotmail.com, or give me a ring on 07500447220 if you have the right car. Thanks.

ConorNZ
04-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Update on my hunt for an NSX: would anyone with facelift car in perfect condition want to part with it for £40,000? It has to be perfect though!

I will only be on the lookout for the next couple of weeks, at which time I will have to join the relative masses and get something boring like a Ferrari. So please get in touch if you're thinking of moving your NSX on. I promise I will look after it :)

NoelWatson
05-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Update on my hunt for an NSX: would anyone with facelift car in perfect condition want to part with it for £40,000? It has to be perfect though!

I will only be on the lookout for the next couple of weeks, at which time I will have to join the relative masses and get something boring like a Ferrari. So please get in touch if you're thinking of moving your NSX on. I promise I will look after it :)

What will you get - a 430?

Dragonlady
05-03-2011, 08:06 AM
It takes a lot longer than a couple of weeks to find your perfect car. There not as common as Ferrari's! Have you thought about importing if your that keen?
Good luck with your search.

Ian

ConorNZ
05-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi Ian - yeah, I know I should be more realistic and wait longer, but I'm impatient. And I've been checking the for sale ads for some time now - if someone wants to sell, perhaps this will prompt them. Life's too short to leave the cash sitting in the bank for a year until the right car comes around. I would rather buy something else.

Not sure which car I would get instead. The 360 is nice (I had one for a week), but too much (negative) attention for me. Probably a 550 or 575, or maybe an R8, Viper, Aero8 or Venturi Atlantique (there's one for sale). Lots of options!

ConorNZ
05-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Have you thought about importing if your that keen?
Ian

Importing from where though? It would still need to be RHD and from what I hear, cars are going to the East rather than coming from there.

ConorNZ
05-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Or this: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2555306.htm :D
It's like the type-r of the 4200 range (assuming the standard GranSport is the type-s). Although that might sully the name type-r given the Maser is essentially still a marketing exercise, with all of the changes appearing to be cosmetic. Love that interior though... Seats are from the MC12 :cool:

Silver Surfer
05-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Or this: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2555306.htm :D
It's like the type-r of the 4200 range (assuming the standard GranSport is the type-s). Although that might sully the name type-r given the Maser is essentially still a marketing exercise, with all of the changes appearing to be cosmetic. Love that interior though... Seats are from the MC12 :cool:

It all depends whether you want a sports car or a grand tourer....The Maser is definitely a GT....
Also..is the attraction going to last a year or so or are you going to be changing cars anyway....each time you change..you are going to lose money most likely.

SS

ConorNZ
05-03-2011, 05:23 PM
It all depends whether you want a sports car or a grand tourer....The Maser is definitely a GT....
Also..is the attraction going to last a year or so or are you going to be changing cars anyway....each time you change..you are going to lose money most likely.

SS

I like all interesting cars, but do prefer sports cars usually. How long I keep the car depends on how good it is - I had the Prelude for almost five years. I only sold it and the S2000 when I moved to the UK. We'll have to see how long the attraction to an NSX lasts if I manage to find one!

Back in New Zealand, I probably would have waited for an NSX to come up. But here in London, I get so few chances to drive, I want to make the most of all of them. We have one of our holidays coming up at the end of April - A trip to the south of France - so I want the "next" car well before then.
This looks cool too: http://www.autofficina.co.uk/used_car_ferrari_f355_hatchback_6.htm (although my driving experiences in the 355 have been underwhelming to date).

Nick Graves
15-03-2011, 07:52 PM
May I suggest you change the wording of your ad slightly? Cash waiting for the right car at a realistic price.

Realistic cash sounds like you are an expert forger and it might just create an element of doubt in some seller's mind!

Hope you find the right car before you succumb to the Italian blues...

ConorNZ
15-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Ha ha, if that's what's stopping them from contacting me, I'm not sure a word change will help! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Italian blues are about to bite I'm afraid, as the NSX route doesn't appear to be a viable option in the short term. Although it's Italian yellow to be more precise - I've got test drives booked in on this Saturday morning.

ConorNZ
01-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Hey Guys

Thought you might like an update. I've only seen one car, but have decided that I really do want a facelift and a targa. Hopefully I'm not asking too much, but maybe I am!

I've also had a brief look into alternatives, inc the 355 and 360. The 355 was the focus of the search, but after having driven two and inspected four, I've been put off by the lack of feedback through the steering wheel (they're over servoed) and the fact that even the mintest examples still have something wrong with them! They are just not a well built car.

So I'm still struggling to find a substitute for the NSX, but so far failing. What other car has the same performance, style, rarity, reliability, and low running costs that make the NSX such a winner? Well I'm stumped... Probably why none of you are selling! :D

All the best
Conor