PDA

View Full Version : silver facelift(?) on ph ... SOLD apparently

nobby
18-02-2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2314375.htm

according to listing it has been sold. :eek: Hopefully the new owner has been on here and seen that the interior is not NA2 but NA1 and there are some concerns regarding fit and finish of the car ...

ELSE they have been possibly ripped off :no:

Rob_Fenn
19-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Oh dear! You'd think they would do their homework...

Sudesh
24-02-2011, 09:47 PM
I have had a couple of nice conversations with the new owner who is a gentleman, and interesting work background!!!

From speaking to him, he has done his homework well, and this car will be getting a new lease of life which will be great to see.

Hopefully he will chime in and introduce himself and the plans for the car..........

havoc
25-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Good news. Nice to hear a 'restore' story rather than another 'breaker'...

nobby
25-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Yes great to hear that the guy who bought the car done his homework and is looking to put his own individual stamp on the car. I wish him the very best of luck with it.

Nick Graves
25-02-2011, 05:09 PM
It sounds positive.

If it can be brought back to life, as it were, it'd be a good thing.

AR
25-02-2011, 05:12 PM
It sounds positive.

If it can be brought back to life, as it were, it'd be a good thing.

Anything is possible, but is it cost effective?

Papalazarou
25-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Anything is possible, but is it cost effective?

Depends what the buying price was. It also depends on what the new owner wants from the car. If it had been advertised for sensible money at the time I'd have considered a green type R replica project. However, and just my opinion, £33K seemed prohibitive for a car with a history and a 94' interior.
On the plus side, if resurrected, it should be worth something in light of the scarcity of late models. At least it's not orange! Sorry Mark, couldn't resist. Personally I like orange. Each colour has its merits. My red 04 for instance is very satisfying to clean, but given the choice I'd have chosen another blue car.

Cheers,

James.

Rob_Fenn
25-02-2011, 05:58 PM
For me, it would have to be well below £33k to be financially viable to bring it back up to spec.

Nick Graves
25-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Now I know what one ought to be like and if I were desperate for a facelift, I might be more prepared to entertain the idea of such a buy.

If it's CAT D, it's never gonna be worth proper money. But IF NSX prices continue to go ballistic and IF the guy gets the result he wants, does it matter to him?

Mugenman
25-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi all,

This is me chiming in... I picked up the car on Monday and yes it needs a lot of work! I bought it for significantly less than 33k (but not as low as I actually think it is worth) but I do think I can make it financially viable to bring it back to life. I have been working in product marketing for the last 5 years for McLaren on the 12C and am a long standing Honda and NSX fan! I have been running a full Mugen spec DC5 for the last few years and having driven the car have no regrets in purchasing this NSX despite its dubious spec & history.
Looking at the rarity of the facelifts in Europe, especially manual coupes, I think once fully restored it will be worth close enough to the value of a good facelift - especially when you see what people are asking for these on mainland Europe (€50k plus)

The car does drive very straight, the engine feels like it has only done 20k miles and the mileage was about the only thing that could be confimed by the various documents. I spent quite a lot of time researching - including 'lurking' on the forum! I spoke to the guys who auctioned the car a few years ago who confirmed the condition of the car mechanically. When I went to see the car, the paintwork is a complete disaster (overspray, damaged seals etc.) so first on the list is a full strip down and re-spray to the original silver keeping the roof black. I had my eye on the 03 yellow car on ebay and contemplated buying it to take out the interior and other parts as well as keeping the wheels as a spare. Unfortunately the car was taken off before the auction ended but after a long conversation with Sudesh - this was probably a blessing in disguise! I was going to sell the car off in parts and believe the value of the parts would be around 15k but now knowing that this could take a while to get rid - I now have other plans. The seller of the yellow car has contacted me to see if I was still interested so if anyone on here is, please let me know and I will forward on his number.

Plan now is to re-trim the entire interior in a high quality leather, hopefully supplied from work! I am thinking of a contraversial very dark brown dash with silver sticth on the dash, black carpets, alcantara headlining and black leather surrounds (door uppers and door inserts). I will then have the interior fitted properly to eliminate all the sqeaks and rattles and fit the double din properly (it may require a trip to Ireland to visit Sudesh!). Some nice seats (NSX-R replica, Pole positions or sportster CS) will finish it off (I don't find the standard seats very comfortable and they look HEAVY!).

From there I will probably slowly update many parts to R spec without compromising the usability of the car. If it was a perfect car I wouldn't bother but it is a good donor car and I can;t see it being detrimental to the value as it will make it stand out a bit, and depending how far I go I cannot believe what they are asking for genuine R's! It could make the car quite unique - and as Sudesh explained to me, it has the correct dashboard (passenger airbag delete on the R) so it seems to make sense!

I hope to document the rebuild in detail - probably on the forum to show that no corners will be cut which will give a little more confidence and provenance to the car in the unlikely event that I will ever sell it!
It goes will be stripped down next week but in the meantime - here are some photos I found (by googling some of the decals on the car which I found on a picture here). As you can see - mechanically (suspension/brakes) the car seems to have had a light transformation to drift car -cosmetic only)

If anyone does have any interior parts lying around - please let me know - particularly the trim inserts which are horrible aftermarket ones at the moment!

Not sure if the pictures worked - if not please follow link below:
https://picasaweb.google.com/undergroundgto/ClubSamuraiHondaNSX#

Thanks to Sudesh and Detlef for the advise so far - look forward to keeping you all posted. Feedback and opinions welcome!!

Jean-Louis

Nick Graves
25-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Welcome!

Sounds like a great idea - especially if you can get 'work' to help out! Sort of "thanks for the help with the F1, NSX".

Not sure all that all that leather quite goes with the NSX-R philosophy, but I'd like to see a really sympathetic "NA3" modernisation/upgrade nonetheless!

Best of luck with it!

Sudesh
25-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Welcome!

Sounds like a great idea - especially if you can get 'work' to help out! Sort of "thanks for the help with the F1, NSX".

Not sure all that all that leather quite goes with the NSX-R philosophy, but I'd like to see a really sympathetic "NA3" modernisation/upgrade nonetheless!

Best of luck with it!

NA2 NSX-R is pretty much all leather apart from seats and the roof/pillar lining etc.

Nick Graves
25-02-2011, 07:57 PM
NA2 NSX-R is pretty much all leather apart from seats and the roof/pillar lining etc.

Take out the seats & pretty much the rest of the Honda "leather" is from synthetic cows, isn't it? Synthetic cows are lighter than real ones...

I don't mind the plastic leather personally, but I can see that towards the end, it was a bit low rent for the market and would like to see if the dash can be nicely done without causing the windscreen reflections that were blamed for it being synthetic.

SILVER BULLET
25-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Jean-Louis, welcome to our club and best wishes for a successful project,

Cheers,

Ian

nobby
25-02-2011, 08:00 PM
your post is an interesting read for sure, and i look forward to reading/watching your project progress. certainly no mean feat and i wish you well. you will get lots of help and advice on here and you have got great advice already! :)

i think its great news that this NA2 will look a lot better in the longer term than in the sorry state it looked and as how you described. Glad everything else with the car is 100% so you can put your main efforts in sorting out the interior as how YOU want it.

All the best and welcome to the forum. And if the car makes it over here to Sudesh, I for one would look forward to seeing it

Papalazarou
25-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Good luck with the project. Have you considered painting it Championship white or met green? Looking forward to seeing the photo diary.

Cheers,

James.

Sudesh
25-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Take out the seats & pretty much the rest of the Honda "leather" is from synthetic cows, isn't it? Synthetic cows are lighter than real ones...

I don't mind the plastic leather personally, but I can see that towards the end, it was a bit low rent for the market and would like to see if the dash can be nicely done without causing the windscreen reflections that were blamed for it being synthetic.

I've never got a chance to inspect the leather used on NA2 NSX-R, all I can say is, it looks like a nappa leather [smooth no grain] It could very well be a synthetic type. Kaz may know what it is?

For me the nicest interior is still NA1 NSX-R including the centre console like mine, door trims and colum surround, along with black carpets and the black OEM NSX-R seats.

Sudesh
25-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Louie from memory the OEM seats are around 18kg, they are not as heavy as they look. The DF NSX-R replica with rails come in around 11kg I think.

havoc
25-02-2011, 09:14 PM
SOunds like a fun project - keep us up-to-date if you can, be nice to see a 'diary' (been following one on PH about a V8 conversion on an FD-series RX7).

WhyOne?
25-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Welcome Jean-Louis.

It certainly sounds like you are the man to get this car back on the straight and narrow after such a troubled history.

I greatly look forward to seeing and reading about the restoration and hopefully meeting you sometime for a beer & a chat.

Ian
:)

Geraint
25-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck with it, and it would be great to see a 'build diary' if you have the time to create one :)

Mugenman
25-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Thank you all for the positive comments. I am very excited about the coming weeks and will keep a build blog going...

What do you all think of the Sportster CS seats. They are what BMW use in their performance range and very popular with other manufacturers as a base for their sport seats. i found a picture on NSX Prime and the look a little tall but will offer more comfort than the pole positions/NSXR replicas.

I just read on another thread that there are already two 04 NSXs in Surrey - now there are three... and I thought they were rare!!

Sudesh
25-02-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm not a fan of those seats at all Louie, look way too big and clumsy in there. I have sat in PP seats and thought they were extremely comfortable, in fact one of the most comfortable and supportive seats I have sat in. There are a few members here that have sat in the OEM NSX-R seats and comments were positive although it was mentioned not for the "larger" person. But for me, I am fussy lol, and with my NA1 NSX-R route, I wouldnt want anything other than OEM or very very close to that.

Maybe some of the NSX-R owners could let you sit in the seat and then you can gauge what you think from there?

AR
25-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Jeaan-Louis here is an idea that I was going to explore with my car before I decided to sell it. :)

http://homepage3.nifty.com/garage-kite/DSCF83601.jpg

The first one shows how the OEM one can be modified. I am sure with the resources you have available you will get a better result.

Good luck with the project.

Cheers,

AR

Sudesh
25-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Ary, page is not showing?

Jeaan-Louis here is an idea that I was going to explore with my car before I decided to sell it. :)

http://homepage3.nifty.com/garage-kite/parts.****.htm

The first one shows how the OEM one can be modified. I am sure with the resources you have available you will get a better result.

Good luck with the project.

Cheers,

AR

nobby
25-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Don't like at all! ... far far too big for the interior of the NSX ... back to the drawing board on the seats mate!

Thank you all for the positive comments. I am very excited about the coming weeks and will keep a build blog going...

What do you all think of the Sportster CS seats. They are what BMW use in their performance range and very popular with other manufacturers as a base for their sport seats. i found a picture on NSX Prime and the look a little tall but will offer more comfort than the pole positions/NSXR replicas.

I just read on another thread that there are already two 04 NSXs in Surrey - now there are three... and I thought they were rare!!

NZNick
25-02-2011, 11:12 PM
This car is crying out for the Type S seats - with the contrast colour dependent on the body / trim colour:

http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Honda-NSX-Type-S-drivers-seat-Black--81125-SL0-J52ZP/

I hope your pockets are deep enough !!

NSX 2000
25-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Hi all,

This is me chiming in... I picked up the car on Monday and yes it needs a lot of work! I bought it for significantly less than 33k (but not as low as I actually think it is worth) but I do think I can make it financially viable to bring it back to life. I have been working in product marketing for the last 5 years for McLaren on the 12C and am a long standing Honda and NSX fan! I have been running a full Mugen spec DC5 for the last few years and having driven the car have no regrets in purchasing this NSX despite its dubious spec & history.
Thanks to Sudesh and Detlef for the advise so far - look forward to keeping you all posted. Feedback and opinions welcome!!

Jean-Louis

Hello and welcome Jean-Louis

I'm very intrested in your MUGEN DC5 and would love to see it as I have one of the 20 MUGEN FN2's. I'm only over the border in Kent so perhaps we can arange a quick mini meet in Surrey in the near future.

If you do buy parts from Detlef can you let me know as I'm after some parts from him as well so we might be able to get a discount if buying more than one thing.

Good luck in your project,

Paul.

PS would you like to join us for our dinner in April, where we will visit MUGEN Euro.

AR
26-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Ary, page is not showing?

Sudesh change the **** for the wort s h i t and it works! I think that the japanese person meant to write seat instead of s h i t. The spell checker picks it up. :)

Rob_Fenn
26-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Glad to see the NSX will be given a new life.

If you're going to customise the interior, i would do so with the exterior too! Why go for silver when you have so many options?

I had what are effectively the NSX-R seats in my M3 CSL. I couldn't call them comfortable, but with a CG Lock in place it eliminated any back pain, even when driving from Kent to Wales. For me, the look and race car feel of the seats outweighed the slight compromise.

TheSebringOne
26-02-2011, 10:17 PM
welcome to the club & I very much look forward to the finish rejuvenation/restoration.

markc
26-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Maybe some of the NSX-R owners could let you sit in the seat and then you can gauge what you think from there?

This car is crying out for the Type S seats - with the contrast colour dependent on the body / trim colour:

Hi Jean Louis, if you're in Surrey as I am you're welcome to try my seats for size. I live in Lightwater (M3, J3) by the way.

Best of luck with the rebuilt project by the way.

Cheers

Mark

Mugenman
27-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

Point taken on seats! My issue is that as I will be using the car for quite long distance trips, the pole positions could be a little uncomfortable. I went down the total 'lightweight' route on the DC5 - I have Mugen S1R seats and they make the car sooo uncomfotable to get in and out of not to mention the lack of padding! I guess I should try some pole positions/NSX-R seats. Sudesh mentioned the NSX-R replica seats from DownForce - has anybody got these? Otherwise OEM pricing seems somewhat prohibitive!

Mark - I may definately take you up on your offer over the next couple of weeks - I'm very close to Lightwater!
Paul - Mini Mugen meet would be great - I am taking my car to Bedford for a trackday on the 14th March if you are keen?
Rob - I contemplated changing the colour of the car but thought it would be one step too - would like to keep it somewhat original and subtle.

Cheers
Louis

Sudesh
27-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Louis, you should arrange to meet Mark, his seats are the same as NSX-R seats, juts trimmed differently, very nice too!! Then you can make a choice on the DF seats as they are basically the same and you can choose what ever trim you like then.

Hi all,

Point taken on seats! My issue is that as I will be using the car for quite long distance trips, the pole positions could be a little uncomfortable. I went down the total 'lightweight' route on the DC5 - I have Mugen S1R seats and they make the car sooo uncomfotable to get in and out of not to mention the lack of padding! I guess I should try some pole positions/NSX-R seats. Sudesh mentioned the NSX-R replica seats from DownForce - has anybody got these? Otherwise OEM pricing seems somewhat prohibitive!

Mark - I may definately take you up on your offer over the next couple of weeks - I'm very close to Lightwater!
Paul - Mini Mugen meet would be great - I am taking my car to Bedford for a trackday on the 14th March if you are keen?
Rob - I contemplated changing the colour of the car but thought it would be one step too - would like to keep it somewhat original and subtle.

Cheers
Louis

NSXGB
27-02-2011, 11:36 AM
There are a few of us not too far away with the Pole Position seats as well if you neead a go...
If you are very broad shouldered, the PP's could be uncomfortable on a very long trek. Getting in and out of them too takes a bit more care than the OEM (non R or S) seats.

My 0.02p would be to try to sell \ swap \px your red OEM seats (maybe carpet too if not required) with someone who has a tatty interior or wants a change to red. Yours look in good condition from the pics so may be a shame to re trim if nothing wrong with them. Just an idea that could save you some cash.

Welcome and good luck!

Hi all,

Cheers
Louis

AR
27-02-2011, 11:42 AM
There are a few of us not too far away with the Pole Position seats as well if you neead a go...
If you are very broad shouldered, the PP's could be uncomfortable on a very long trek.

Plus 1000 for sure. I have a 50/52 inch cheast and the PP as well as the NA1R were gerat for short spirited drives, but anything longer than 30 minutes and I was not very comfortable.

Lankstarr
28-02-2011, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=Papalazarou;81894]Good luck with the project. Have you considered painting it Championship white or met green? Looking forward to seeing the photo diary.
QUOTE]

Here here with the white comment - best of luck with the restoration (in white)!

L*

NSX 2000
28-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Hi all,

Cheers
Louis

I could of been very tempted but I'm doing Brands on the 15th March

Senninha
28-02-2011, 11:32 PM
.......... I contemplated changing the colour of the car but thought it would be one step too far- would like to keep it somewhat original and subtle.

Cheers
Louis

Hi and welcome and looking forward to the diary.

If its silver on the log book then the obvious choice for a classy finish on an NSX has to be Silverstone Silver with black roof and mirrors, Procar bonnet (painted Silverstone), rear spoiler and side vents in carbon. Silverstone was one of the limited edition last 12 (13) cars into the UK so would fit nicely with your 'Exclusive' thinking.

Have a look here http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27461&page=5 at post #109 to get the idea.

Interior upgrades, ifyou can part replicate the class from the 12C then I'm very interested to work closely with you! To install the SatNav / Screen and controls into an NSX would be awesome!

PP or Downforce seats probably the way to go.

Look forward to meeting up soon ...

regards, Paul

Mugenman
26-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Hi all,

I have finally had some time to update on the NSX restoration project. Unfortunately I have been quite busy and can't get over to see the car often enough to get a good photo log but here is what I have for the moment. Apologies for the quality as they are taken with the I-phone.

1. These are taken shortly after when I collected the car. As you can see, from a distant, the car looks ok, but looking at the details of the paint, there are over-runs, damaged seals and painted grills. The interior squeaks and rattles as expected and the carpet is fitted badly. The interior trim panels are also aftermarket! Also check out the hideous aftermarket parking sensors...

Mugenman
26-03-2011, 09:36 PM
2. The car is currently at TGM Motorsport in Fleet. These are the guys who have looked after my Mugen Integra and they are fantastic. The paintshop did all the work for Overfinch Range Rovers so they are used to full vehicle re-sprays to a very high standard. The car has started to be stripped and everything is apparently coming apart very easily with no surprises. I thought about painting the car in a different colour but have decided to stick to the original silver, otherwise the work would be significantly more to change colour properly (including bulkhead, engine bay etc.). I may eventually vinyl wrap the car (white or black).

8841884088438839. 8842

3. As mentioned, I was planning to re-trim the interior in a customised scheme. I have been holding back as I was very tempted to by the ’03 yellow crashed car on ebay for the interior but it went for silly money so is no longer an option. I will choose a scheme, order leathers and have the interior customised as originally planned. I am using the same trimmer who re-trims all the McLaren F1’s so I am confident the work will be worth it. He will fit a new high quality carpet, and a full Napa leather in either black or very dark chocolate brown interior (McLaren Arabica Brown – really nice colour).

4. I don’t find the seats comfortable enough so will be looking for pole positions or NSX-R replicas. A long shot, but if anyone is thinking of selling either- please let me know. The NSXR seats from Downforce work out quite expensively so would prefer to get something already in the UK. Obviously, my red ’96 seats will be up for sale –so if anyone is interested...

5. I will eventually change the ’96 spec steering wheel for to NSX-R spec but was contemplating the Mugen Race-3 wheel (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mugen-Steering-Wheel-Racing-III-Honda-Civic-R-S2000-/230590627388?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b045be3c (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mugen-Steering-Wheel-Racing-III-Honda-Civic-R-S2000-/230590627388?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b045be3c) ) which I have on my DC5. I imagine it is very similar to the MOMO Tuner but trimmed in alcantara which will match the headlining. Other considerations were to put the original DC5 wheel which I have spare in the NSX.

So that is more or less it for the moment, Unfortunately I am very busy at the moment which means I haven’t been able to give this my full attention. I will hopefully have a bit more time now to update this thread with more detailed pictures of the progress.

Cheers
Louis

Mugenman
26-03-2011, 09:57 PM
For those interested - here are a couple of pictures of the MUGEN DC5. I believe it is the only full spec Mugen car in the country and is an absolute blast. Not the best looking car but incredible fun on track & quick for a 2 litre NA car!! It has a 6-point cage and Mugen S1R seats which make the car difficult to use day to day. This is what I would like to avoid on the NSX!!

It has every Mugen roadcar part available and a Mugen N1 racing ECU (9,100 RPM limit!) - I have a set of Mugen N1 racing coilovers which aren't currently on the car.

Geraint
27-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Nice work :)

I really like the idea of a dark brown leather interior - different yet subtle :cool:

Please keep the updates coming, really interested to see this car getting restored :yes:

NSXGB
27-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Nice to see you doing a great job there....are you sure about the brown interior?

PP's come up on ebay every now and then if you keep and eye out.

nobby
27-03-2011, 10:41 AM
very nice to see the car getting the attention it deserves and needs. keep the pics coming, and the DC5 looks real well for sure :)

Nick Graves
27-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Tidy 'Teg. Do you get grief from the Blue Meanies over that front 'plate?

Nice to see the NSX being correctly restored. That blow-over looks appalling!

Keep 'em coming!

Senninha
27-03-2011, 10:43 PM
I was hoping to hear you might have 'access' to some Maclaren interior tweaks to make it something unique and special, ie seats and infotainmane tsystem from the MP4 12 maybe??

Each to thier own of course, but if you're going for a unique retrim I dont understand the reluctance to a unique exterior.

Nick Graves
28-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I think the reason is one can easily end up with a bizarre anachronism or a weird identity-crisis.

Often what starts out as a good idea can get lost in the final execution; unless you've got £1,000s to throw at prototyping.

Personally, I fear the "brown is the new black" thing will probably date very quickly, but colour options are really entirely the owner's preference; It can easily be re-retrimmed if that becomes the case.

Mugenman
02-07-2012, 09:00 PM
So the car is 90% finished and in the South of France where I now live. I spent the weekend driving around the hills and cannot even start to describe how rewarding this car is to drive - almost better than anything I have driven before. The more and harder you drive it, the better it gets.

The project took much longer than expected as I have had almost no time to monitor it closely but here is a summary of work carried out:

Exterior:
- Full strip down and re-paint back to original silver
- Seals all restored to good condition
- Integration of LED fog/reverse light into rear diffuser J
- New antenna

Interior
- Full Re-trim in McL Arabica Brown and Carbon Black Leather with silver stitch
- Plastic trim including handles painted silver
- New carbon fibre seats J
- Alcantara to headlining, sill pads and glove box interior
- Black carpet
- New steering wheel J
- Leather trim upgrade to indicator stalk cover, small trim pieces covering door locks and base of A-pillars
- NSX-R gear gaiter
- S2000 CR gear knob (same as NSX-R but aluminum and a fraction of the price)
- NSX-R pedals
- Inside door illumination delete

Mechanical
- Not much apart from a good service and mechanical check up

New front tires as the previous owner was running on cheaper, higher profile tires

Still to do:

Unfortunately some of the ECU’s were missing so currently don’t have Cruise, TCS or Central locking – may get the central locking ECU but not bothered about the other two.
Some electrical gremlins – warning lights come up every now and then but no fault codes, some dodgy wiring needs to be looked at.
Look at door handles and latches – they sometimes don’t work – cables under too much load which is why I found myself having to break the passenger window to get in when I was stranded at a petrol station in the middle of nowhere on a Saturday night in France and the handles failed – expect to see a passenger window in the ‘wanted’ section!
Refurb wheels back to silver – also expect to see 2002-2005 centre caps in the ‘wanted’ section soon!
Re-fit ICE flush to a new console
Honda Badge for the front
Number plate holder for my new french reg once imported...
Here are some photos from the drive - will upload some interior shots later in the week.

Louis

NSXGB
02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Looking good. Nice to see it a lot healthier. Looking forward to the interior pics.
Dirk may be able to sort you out with the control boxes you require fairly reasonably.

Senninha
02-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanx for the update ... looking forward to the interior photos ...

Nick Graves
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
It does indeed. I'm interested in the interior too.

I want to squirt the wheels with P21S and attack them with a wheel scrubbing brush, but maybe that's just the photos!

scottg
03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Great job and I really look forward to seeing the interior pics sounds an interesting contrast

NZNick
29-04-2013, 04:16 AM
Any update on this?

Sudesh
29-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Spoke to the owner a few months back and received some very nice pics of the car inside and out, looked very nice, wouldnt think it was the same car.

NZNick
29-04-2013, 10:11 AM
That's good to hear - what seats did he go with in the end?

Sudesh
29-04-2013, 10:15 AM
That's good to hear - what seats did he go with in the end?

They from McLaren SLR from memory.