PDA

View Full Version : New type-S suspension possibly for sale

rsevo6
05-02-2011, 07:28 AM
I have the quite rare New Type-S (+ 2002) suspension on my '98, bought the suspension new and have used it for only about 1500-2000 Km over the last year since installation, so is still as new.

It makes the car handle a lot better than the OE suspension, better looks as it lowers about 2,5 cm as compared to standard and makes it still perfectly clear speedbumps but doesn't have the teeth rattling stiffness that the Type-R suspension has on regular streets.

However, it still is too stiff for my wife's taste :( and as I am planning a few long vacation drives later this year, I am seriously considering changing to a adjustable coilover suspension which I can set to comfort for long drives and stiff for "playing" mode ;)
The New Type-S suspension is not available through EU Honda dealers.

At present, new they are 2250U$ +import+shipping+tax (so about 2000 UKp all in) and usually have a LONG ordering time!

I am looking for serious offers for this almost new setup to see if I can recoup a reasonable amount to get ajustable coilovers instead, if not, my wife will have to endure them....:rolleyes:
Serious offers invited.
Shipping throughout Europe is no problem.

jamieburke
02-05-2011, 08:31 PM
i'm interested, pm'd you a while back, how do you stand on this now?

jamie

jamieburke
15-05-2011, 08:38 AM
im interested, give ma a call 07980 885 984 jamie