View Full Version : Goodwood - Breakfast Club - Super Car Sunday 1st May

sorepaws
04-02-2011, 11:11 AM
A pleasant drive, a good breakfast and lots of shiny wheels

havoc
04-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Ooh, now there's a reason to get up early! :D

Put me down as a 'probably'.
(We tend to go away over Bank Hol weekends, but now I know about this I'll try to keep it free)

Ewan
12-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Last year, queuing to drive past the entrance to the circuit, up to the next roundabout & back (as the marshalls were directing everyone), we passed some cars you just never see on the road... I think there were 2x Veyrons, all sorts of F-car exotica and the coup de grāce, the LARK McLaren F1 GTR that had just been bought for a health 7-figure sum by an enthusiast who immediately wanted to let people see it up close... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s7v0zUCN5I

WhyOne?
05-04-2011, 05:34 PM
A pleasant drive, a good breakfast and lots of shiny wheels

I'll do my best to be there.

Oh....you managed to cut out most of the interesting car in your photo Mike!!! ;)

sorepaws
21-04-2011, 12:28 PM
also at Goodwood - but another day ! :-P Ian

havoc
21-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Signed up now - hopefully see some of you there.

lotusolly
29-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Are many people looking to attend this year?
If so do we want to meet up and enter together?

Olly

havoc
30-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm going, but probably won't get there until at least 8am...so not sure I'll get onto the track, unfortunately! :(

britlude
01-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Great breakfast club supercar sunday, with 5 Nsx's (should that be Nsi??) flying the flag for the club, 3 yellow, 1 red, and my dark green one! unfortunatley our turnout was matched by Ferrari Testarossa (that sounds ok as a plural!), but at least ours were different colours!

Ewan
01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
I arrived at the circuit entrance shortly before 8am, only to be waved straight on to the public parking in the field :(
Saw a couple of Boxster Spyders in the field (surely they should count?) There were plenty of "not quite super" cars on display...

Pics from Flickr on what attended today: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=goodwood&d=taken-20110501-20110501&ss=0&ct=0&mt=all&adv=1&s=rec -there are a couple of NSXen in there.
Peter Saywell brought his new Koenigsegg Agera to park up next to his bespoke Zonda PS and his yellow Ferrari 599GTO :-o
... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oBkIT_Bgfg

gumball
01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
That Koenigsegg is incredible!!

Senninha
01-05-2011, 05:18 PM
That Koenigsegg is incredible!!

One of the best with incredible detail to link the interior/exterior together ... oh to be able to complete the dreams! I'd still opt for the Zonda.

Who's Yellow NSX is that arriving jst as the K'zeg is parking?

regards, Paul

sorepaws
01-05-2011, 06:00 PM
I arrived just after 8 to be waved onto the field. The person at the gates said "we all ready have loads of NSX in here!" - then what do I see as I'm walking around - a Jaguar Xtype (supercar ?) a Sierra Cosworth (supercar?) and a BMW 1 series! not so supercar. Parked in the field several Ferrari's, Maserati, Porsche and 2 NSX.
Maybe this is now too popular to drive 120 miles to attend - although the drive through the Downs was really nice especially with the Sun shining.

havoc
01-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Just replied to the other thread about the quality of the marshalling (utter joke - got there at 7.30pm with Nobby 10 cars behind - both waved to car-park, despite only 2 NSXs being on-circuit/paddock at that time).

Photos here, in case anyone wants to see some more:-
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m54/martin-w/Cars/GBC%20May11%20-%20Supercar%20Sunday/?start=all

PS - yellow NSX may have been Duncan - certainly wasn't me or Nobby...

trackdemon
01-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Nice day today, turned up @ 9am expecting to be turned away.... and of course I was! :) Some great motors there today though, and a nice drive down from Essex (but for the knob jockey in the white van who wanted to enter my boot, but thats driving nowadays for you....)

Nice to see so many NSX's around, although like others bit surprised to see Focus, Clio, Golf, Scooby on display in a 'supercar' themed event whilst NSX's (& Ferrari's, Lotus, Porsche etc...) were sent to the public car park. Still, its a free event so cant really say too much can we!

britlude
01-05-2011, 08:04 PM
so I turn up at the track at 8.40 (20 mins stuck in the traffic), go in the main gate (public straight on), left the start line, right the car park... directed right, following a Maserati, at the car park we're directed to the left up a little service lane on to the track just up from the chicane.... guess i was lucky

havoc
01-05-2011, 08:25 PM
No sh't you were Jonathan! Check the link I put up - photo of you next to the Lambo.

Steve - wish I'd known you were there - we've still not met!!! :(