PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to the best car I have ever owned.

JQD84983
03-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Well due to an ambitious building project I have parted with my beloved NSX a few months earlier than anticipated.

Just a note to say how much I have enjoyed the car and dealing with papalazarou during the protracted negotiations. As others have mentioned on here James is a man of his word and I can add my voice to those comments.

While I am very sad to see her go (changing the plates on Saturday was hellish as I had hoped to let her go without being in close proximity again) I am pleased she is going to an enthusiast who (normally) looks after his cars well, track days aside. It worked well for me to not have to negotiate with a wannabee or time waster and eased the pain no end.

Over the years my father has had one or two sports cars from Porsche, TVR, Mercedes and the ilk but rates the NSX as the best allrounder. I have to say I agree (not that I got to drive many of them at the time but rode in them a lot).

I would like to say I will definately own another but I think the chances of finding another one as good when the time comes is remote but you never know.

Best wishes James enjoy the car as much as I did,

Cheers

John

Sudesh
03-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi John,

Sorry to hear the sad news of parting with the NSX, hopefully if you do come back to ownership there will be something as good out there.

And congrats to James! Take really take you that long to find another lol

Rob_Fenn
03-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Sorry you had to sell, but congrats to James!

Lankstarr
03-02-2011, 01:46 PM
For this of us interested in nsx appreciation are you able to divulge mileage and sale price?

I'm particularly interested as this is about as close to my car as I'm ever likely to see!

Thanks,

Luke

Papalazarou
03-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Many thanks John for offering me the car. It was just as described and really made my day. Today I've been hard at work cleaning it. Unfortunately there wasn't a great deal to do!
Hard to believe this is my my fourth in just over five years. I intend on holding on to this one and keeping away from wet slippery tracks with little or no run off.

Cheers,

James.

nobby
03-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Sad to see a member move their car on. All the best in your new venture John.

Well done James for holding out and getting the car you wanted. By the sounds of it you have got a cracker.
Great to hear you have got sorted with another NSX :)

Nice to see the forum working for true lovers of the NSX

DamianW
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Shame you had to sell. This won't be any comfort, but the NSX is the *only* car I've regretted selling, I should have just kept it.

James - try not to prang it eh? ;)

Nick Graves
03-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Congratulations on finding another one so effectively, James! Better luck with it.

Sorry that you need to sell it though John. Good luck with the project.

NSXGB
03-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Well done James, you move fast. Being a slower colour it should be easier to keep out of trouble in... :)

jaytip
03-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow John,this thread was a bit of a supprise.Sorry to hear that you have had to sell the car to get a project underway because i KNOW how good a car it was because i broke my heart when i sold it to you,lol.Good luck with your new venture.
James,PLEASE try to look after this one,lol.It will be interesting to see how many board members could eventually be past owners of this car.

matpp
03-02-2011, 07:13 PM
James, just send you a PM but you're probably too excited with your new purchase to respond.....careful with that right foot!

WhyOne?
03-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Well done James.

Now just be careful with this one, if you break it, you wont be allowed another!

Papalazarou
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Well done James.

Now just be careful with this one, if you break it, you wont be allowed another!

I know, I'm on NSX probation.

Cheers,

James.

AR
03-02-2011, 10:35 PM
NSX are like Elephants mate, they remember if you try to get a Porsche and take revenge!

All the best my friend and enjoy it!

TheSebringOne
03-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Sorry John to hear of your lost and best wishes for the future.

Congratulations James on another NSX! You must have owned more NSX than anyone else?

JQD84983
04-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Wow John,this thread was a bit of a supprise.Sorry to hear that you have had to sell the car to get a project underway because i KNOW how good a car it was because i broke my heart when i sold it to you,lol.Good luck with your new venture.
James,PLEASE try to look after this one,lol.It will be interesting to see how many board members could eventually be past owners of this car.

Thanks Ivor. The irony for me was the parting of the car was down to the same reason you sold! Just shows how life can change in a couple of years. My missus's take on it is that I have got over my mid life crisis lol.