PDA

View Full Version : new member asking silly question

zebedee
20-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Hi guys, i'm new to the site and hopeing to buy an nsx next year sometime when funds allow. I would like an early manual car, any colour, left or righthand drive. Are there any common problems i should be aware of? Thanks for any help :?: :?

jaytip
21-11-2005, 06:15 AM
Take a look here,
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=793

britlude
22-11-2005, 05:24 PM
well, I got my '92 nsx auto in september.. so far main bit's (all common) been..

1. internal door handle broken... need to be adjusted so they open before the handle runs out of travel, as the cable stretches. lumiweld repaired mine, though Dali racing do 'fixit thingys'..

2. passenger speaker broken... individual amps per speaker give up after 8-12 years, got new ones direct from Bose in Germany £168 the pair delivered.

3. engine cover hatch gas rams were u/s, new ones from Dali half the price of Honda UK, with postage!

4. coolant bottle cracked/split... Dali OEM $77, but made my own!

apart from that, it's the usual stuff you look for on a car umpteen years old.

slieve_croob
12-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Can you advise on the source of the BOSE Speakers etc in Germany

Speakers required.

NSXGB
13-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Email: Frank_Mueller@bose.com

Tell him that you are having trouble with your main dealer who wants to charge you £600 for the whole enclosure instead of supplying the amp by itself. They are not supposed to supply direct but will if you explain you are having trouble with your supplier.

britlude
14-12-2005, 05:44 PM
hi, Frank put me onto...

Regarding the amplifier we would like to ask you to contact
"proService" , Mr. Werner Thorum.
[e-mail: SERVICE@proService.biz, Tel: 0049 221 9704090]
Mr. Thorum will be able to offer you the requested single
amplifier. ( at a more reasonable price)

I had to do an international euro money tranfer, as he doesn't take credit cards, and hasn't got Paypal, unless you know someoone with a german bank account!