PDA

View Full Version : Pistonheads Heroes - NSX

WhyOne?
24-01-2011, 12:31 PM
On-line article here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=161&i=23056

AR
24-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Just replied, can't believe some people still think they can get a "decent" NSX for 15K...You can't get away from spending 20k for an NSX, either pay up front or pay in maintenance/refresh.

m666 edd
24-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah I noticed that "15k up for a good one" yeah maybe several years ago.

Well that article will generate some autotrader / PH classifieds interest for a bit.

TheSebringOne
24-01-2011, 11:16 PM
I thought the article was quite positive & good read for the masses. Nice to see Senna's UK drive (abeit brief),
but its on wrong wheels though. I sat in the car at Japfest 2008, good condition & some great pictures
of it next to mine.

havoc
25-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Taking those few aside who prefer power over all else, attitudes do seem to be pretty positive...nice to see we're not the only ones who appreciate the car! :D

nobby
25-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Yes, some great comments on there. Great to see the car still has alot of admirer's out there.

Even though my car has been costing me a fair bit of late, its really nice to read stuff like this ... helps ease the pain a bit :)

A lot of renewed interest in the car of late - especially all the recent press articles like this. Should help those selling get a decent price.

Taking those few aside who prefer power over all else, attitudes do seem to be pretty positive...nice to see we're not the only ones who appreciate the car! :D

Rob_Fenn
25-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Was going to post about it, but beaten to it! Always nice to see something NSX related :)

ConorNZ
25-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Not good for us poor people that have been looking for some time already! Last thing I need is more people hunting for the same car, driving the prices up... Then again, maybe it will prompt some 3.2 owners to advertise their cars, which would be great!

Rob_Fenn
26-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Thing is, whenever the NSX comes up, people talk about "always wanting an NSX" but it seems to fall by the way side. It seems they bail out and end up going for the more default choices.

nobby
27-01-2011, 04:40 PM
the thread on PH has become absolute sh1t! some .... opps i meant to say MOST of the stuff written on there is absolute trash and nothing to do with the original article! :(

And then there is the usual stirrer's doing what they do best winding people up ... :eek:

thank God people like that stay off this forum ... lost the will to live after paging through some of this

AVOID AT ALL COSTS NOW!

Senninha
27-01-2011, 04:47 PM
.........the thread on PH has become absolute sh1t! :(

Shame really as it was OK for the first few pages then our dear friend jumped on the mines bigger then yours debate and it headed down the pan!

DamianW
27-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Yes, sadly that thread has degenerated somewhat, as pretty much any thread on Pistonheads does. Or indeed any forum it seems. I don't know, its almost like the internet is full of total arseholes.

Quite why people feel they need to wage internet war based on something somebody wrote is anyone's guess.

gumball
27-01-2011, 05:07 PM
There's always going to be some people who don't like the car, some over there haven't got a clue what the NSX is about really but a few of us there try to educate them, a bit of debate doesn't do any harm. Nothing to be scared of. :)

havoc
27-01-2011, 07:50 PM
There's always going to be some people who don't like the car, some over there haven't got a clue what the NSX is about really but a few of us there try to educate them, a bit of debate doesn't do any harm. Nothing to be scared of. :)
Agreed.

TBH, with one exception the thread's been pretty reasonable. A couple are clearly playing devils advocate and/or don't rate the car as much as we all clearly do, but (RS excepted) today's the first day I've started to get tired of the thread.

nobby
27-01-2011, 07:54 PM
totally agree with your thoughts; BUT the sense is being drowned out by the absolute nonesense that people are writing. :( it just gets tiresome to try and get through to some people and then there are those who put posts put up simply to wind people up/or pick holes in people's post. It all started going downhill when people started comparing the NSX to a Focus ... in the name of all thats Holy ... how/why would you debate this?!

Good on you for continuing the good fight! :)

Ewan
28-01-2011, 07:04 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png (http://xkcd.com/386/)

TheSebringOne
29-01-2011, 12:22 AM
I read the whole thread last night into the wee hours and I could not believe
how bad it got! I'm so glad I don't post on PH!

I'm happy with this forum where people are normal & gentleman like, ie NSXCB.

AR
29-01-2011, 02:09 AM
I was going to bite and post more but I decided not to lower myself to it.

I don't care much for PH, it used to be different before the keyboard warriors took over.

We got a few of those here too mind!!!

gumball
29-01-2011, 09:50 AM
You lot can be so prissy sometimes. :laugh:

havoc
31-01-2011, 08:34 PM
There's a difference between disagreement/debate and outright argument - one is quite healthy, the other just plain annoying. Different people perceive the boundary in different places though. IMHO this forum is FAR more considerate and 'gentlemanly' than PH, although can perhaps be too quick to take offense.

...but I agree PH has been getting worse of late. I need to stop biting so much on there...as per the cartoon above, it's pretty pointless doing so!

nobby
31-01-2011, 08:40 PM
there are so many on there that are simply posting to wind people up and argue for the sake of arguing ... forums are full of these people especially on the bigger ones.

I need to stop biting so much on there...as per the cartoon above, it's pretty pointless doing so!

Nick Graves
03-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I'd not bothered reading the comments before, since it was all predictable...

But I just did and found it all rather funny, TBH. A basket of grapefruits, as Baldrick said.