PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Classic 2011, July 22-24

nationofzeros
15-01-2011, 09:48 PM

For the third year running, NSX CB will have a stand for all 3 days of the world's biggest classic car racing / classic car club event - SILVERSTONE CLASSIC 2011 !

For those who have attended previously no introduction is required - but for newcomers, how does 6000 classic / supercars on display, 20 races on the F1 GP circuit with all the 60s-90s faves (F1, Gp 4, GpC, GTs etc), unfettered access to all the racers in the open to the public pits, 1001 other things to do, grab you ?

Bookings are already open on silverstoneclassic.com with Early Bird discounts until March 31, and as we are now a member of the Silverstone Classic Racing Club, we also get further discounts anda '2 for the price of 1' deal by quoting our special NSX CB code, C11037

Our NSXs always attract lots of attention despiet being in the midst of the Ferraris, Lambos. Astons etc so lets make 2011 the big one - GET BOOKING !

Chris

havoc
18-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I'll be going, hopefully for all 3 days.

Nice work on the club code!

nationofzeros
27-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi all - I pledged to get some Club flags made up for Silverstone & other events, but given my paltry PC skills, I need a little help...

Does anyone have any hi - res .pdf files or similar of the Club logo (i.e. the header at the top of the website page) or failing that just the Honda NSX Club Britain logo / typeface, that they could PM to me - I will then set about getting these made up

Thanks

Chris

Chris B N
28-01-2011, 11:11 AM
I will be there again +1

Chris B N

nationofzeros
09-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Well, well, well - what a turn up for the books from HUK !

Those NSX faithful who attended Silverstone 09 will remember the splendid HONDA hospitality - marquee, flags, etc

Last year due to HUK's straitened economic circumstances - nothing

BUT for 2011, I am delighted to report that we will have the full HONDA support package - marquees, banners, flags, backdrops, DVD / plasma screen - even our own topiary !!! (Mike, desite this tsunami of largesse, needless to say we still have to provide our own kettle and stove!)

Take that, Ferrari, Porsche and Maserati - the NSX stand will be THE place for cool junior supercar dudes to hang out for all 3 days !

Chris

havoc
09-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Great result Chris! :clap:

One question though...who's going to be responsible for looking after the bush? I'm well known for killing plants... ;)

(Reminds me - must sort out tickets sooner this year than last...)

WhyOne?
10-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Well done Chris & Honda.

Will the topiary be in the shape of NSX's?

Chris B N
10-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Great news,
well done Chris
If you could let me have some contact details I will see if we can get some support from Honda for Japfest

Chris

sorepaws
10-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Well, well, well - what a turn up for the books from HUK !

Those NSX faithful who attended Silverstone 09 will remember the splendid HONDA hospitality - marquee, flags, etc

Last year due to HUK's straitened economic circumstances - nothing

BUT for 2011, I am delighted to report that we will have the full HONDA support package - marquees, banners, flags, backdrops, DVD / plasma screen - even our own topiary !!! (Mike, desite this tsunami of largesse, needless to say we still have to provide our own kettle and stove!)

Take that, Ferrari, Porsche and Maserati - the NSX stand will be THE place for cool junior supercar dudes to hang out for all 3 days !

Chris

I will shine up the kettle and get more gaz - it will leave more space in the boot - what can I fill it with ? - Plasma screen implies power ! :-D maybe one of those portable cooling boxes ? Bacon, Eggs ok Im getting way too excited will go take pills and lie down again.

gumball
10-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Great news about Honda UK, I'll be there Sunday again. My favourite meeting. :bigsmile:

NSX 2000
10-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I will shine up the kettle and get more gaz - it will leave more space in the boot - what can I fill it with ? - Plasma screen implies power ! :-D maybe one of those portable cooling boxes ? Bacon, Eggs ok Im getting way too excited will go take pills and lie down again.

Hi Mike, (hope you're well) now you've got me thinking, how about a PS3 and we can play GT5 all weekend and see how much we can mood an NSX type R :yes:

Plug in a DVD player with a DVD of all things NSX taken off You Tube:think:

Or we could play this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPjhb3D587Q :)

Paul

PS Chris & Mike you haven't put your name down yet for the dinner in April.

L696ULO
10-02-2011, 03:44 PM
I'll can only get there for one day, I've never been before so I'm looking for suggestions on which is the best day to choose out of the 3?

Hagasan
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi Mike, (hope you're well) now you've got me thinking, how about a PS3 and we can play GT5 all weekend and see how much we can mood an NSX type R :yes:

Plug in a DVD player with a DVD of all things NSX taken off You Tube:think:

Or we could play this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPjhb3D587Q :)

Paul

PS Chris & Mike you haven't put your name down yet for the dinner in April.

I think that's a pretty good idea Paul.

NSXGB
10-02-2011, 05:34 PM

If I can come, I'll donate the Playseat for the PS3 & maybe the steering wheel too..... :)

Chris B N
10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
There isn't a best day, all 3 are great
If you like Classics and sports cars it is an event not to be missed.
Chris B N

L696ULO
10-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks Chris I'll go for Saturday

havoc
10-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Sat and Sun are both pretty good. Saturday has the night race (usually), Sunday has more 'headline' races but finishes earlier. On balance (and in terms of getting out without queuing for ages), Sat is a good call.

PS3 - now there's a way to attract visitors...and raise club funds! ;)

TheSebringOne
11-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Great news Chris and well done.

I'm quite green fingered, so I bring the secateurs!

Paul, fab idea about utilising technology.

This time, we might attract someone bigger than Vanessa Feltz!

NSXGB
11-02-2011, 07:24 AM
This time, we might attract someone bigger than Vanessa Feltz!

....maybe Michelle McManus?

11-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Well Done Chris and Honda!!

If there are plasmas.....can we hook up a PS3 and play GT5?

:)

Dragonlady
11-02-2011, 09:06 AM
We really enjoyed last years event so will definately be coming along on Saturday and Sunday this year.

Well done Chris on encouraging Honda to support the club.:thumbsup:

NSXGB
11-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Well done Chris & Honda.

Will the topiary be in the shape of NSX's?

Maybe this one will do...

nationofzeros
03-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Latest news on the lineup for this years's Silverstone Classic...

ROCKING AND RACING AT THE 2011 SILVERSTONE CLASSIC

A star-studded line up of famous names will be topping the live music bill at this summer’s Silverstone Classic (22-24 July). As well as being firmly established as the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival, the Silverstone Classic is equally renowned for its live music entertainment, provided as an integral part of the show at no extra cost to all ticket holders.

Reflecting the magical on-track action starring many of the finest racing cars from motor sport’s golden eras, the live music performances provide festival-goers and classic car fans with an equally evocative step back in time.

On Friday evening Silverstone will rock to the celebrated sounds of the Rolling Stones, Bob Marley and Queen as three of the UK’s most acclaimed tribute bands roll back the years with sets featuring many of the best loved smash hits from the Sixties, Seventies & Eighties.

Then, on Saturday evening, the Silverstone stage will host live performances from a trio of rock and pop’s greatest names when legendary acts: Suzi Quatro, 10cc & Wishbone Ash take to the stage. Quatro had a string of hits in the Seventies and is widely credited as being a major role model for a host of raunchy female rockers. Wishbone Ash is hailed as one of the major innovators in the harmony twin lead guitar format and enjoyed huge critical success with albums such as Argus in the early Seventies. Art rock band 10cc also enjoyed major success in the same decade racking up no fewer than three number one hits. With three such celebrated live bands, it promises to be a memorable evening.

Sunday’s musical entertainment switches from live stadium rock to the more relaxing atmosphere of the 40-piece Amadeus Orchestra playing many crowd pleasing classical favourites. Along with promising young tenor Adriano Graziani and energetic electric string quartet Tetra Electra, the acclaimed Amadeus Orchestra will be performing as part of the innovative ‘Picnic in the Paddock’ attraction for a relaxed afternoon. Another newly created feature this year is the ‘village green’ entertainment area, which will host the recreation of many traditional British rural pursuits with steam engines, Punch & Judy shows plus a host of other magical memories from yesteryear.

Adding to the high octane festival atmosphere, camping is available for the very first time at the venue as well as in local campsites. The provision of on-site camping facilities is open to all Silverstone Classic Racing Club members.

“The Silverstone Classic just gets bigger and better,” enthused Event Director, Nick Wigley. “We have already announced a glittering array of races, special plans to mark the Jaguar E-Type’s 50th birthday, the return of Group C sportscars plus a host of other exciting attractions. Now we have a confirmed an equally stirring line-up of top class live music with bands and an orchestra that will really appeal to lovers of classic cars and family audiences. Over recent years the Silverstone Classic has developed into a true three-day festival with more and more people not wanting to miss all the action on offer. With so much great racing during the days plus great live bands performing in the evenings, it all adds up to a fantastic weekend at the country’s premier motor sport venue.”

Ticket sales are already more than 100 per cent up on last year with spectators taking full advantage of significant ‘Early Bird’ discounts available for those booking before the 31st March. For more information log onto www.SilverstoneClassic.com (http://e2ma.net/go/9128200695/3470505/103609360/39710/b64/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5TaWx2ZXJzdG9uZUNsYXNzaWMuY29t).

Book early - remember our NSX CB special discounts - prepare to luxuriate in our special Honda topiary !

Chris

WhyOne?
04-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Maybe this one will do...

Outside Williams GP factory?

NSXGB
04-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Correct Ian.

sorepaws
04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
OMG Suzi QUATTRO ! (guess they are using 4 wheel drive to get her on stage )

markc
15-03-2011, 11:19 AM
I've bought my weekend (all 3 days) tickets. I'm not sure if I can make the Friday but plan to be there as much as possible.

Cheers

Mark

nationofzeros
15-03-2011, 08:42 PM
I've bought my weekend (all 3 days) tickets. I'm not sure if I can make the Friday but plan to be there as much as possible.

Cheers

Mark

That's the spirit Mark !

The more of us that book early, the more precious real estate we get granted in the ongoing inter car club landgrab tussle, so if you have plans to come along, buy your tickets now and help secure an extra few square metres of the hallowed Northamptonshire centre circuit turf !

Chris

havoc
15-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Just waiting on responses from a couple of mates, and will book at the end of the week. Weekend ticket here too...

nobby
15-03-2011, 10:32 PM
gonna order soon using the group code ... will buy 2 and hope i can persuade Sudesh to be my co pilot! :)

defo gonna try and get to one group meet this year

nationofzeros
22-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Only 10 days to go before the 'Early Bird' discounts close on ticket bookings for this year's Silverstone Classic !! (July 22-24th ; see silverstoneclassic.com for ticket bookings)

Don't forget to use our special NSX CB club booking code (C11037) for those all important club discounts, and to ensure you get a centre circuit pass so you can waft your burbling NSX through the hordes, all the way to our full fat HONDA supported club stand, right in the heart of the supercar action!

Join us on the Friday, Saturday, or the ever popular Sunday - or why not pig out and do the job properly with a 3 day pass ?

This year's even promises to be bigger and better than ever, with fun for all the family :-

The Silverstone Classic is a fabulous 3 day weekend of ‘Flat Out Fun for all the Family’ now celebrating its 21st birthday. The ‘Worlds Biggest Classic Motor Racing Festival’, with around 800 fabulous and exotic race cars competing, attracting about 1000 competitors, over 6000 beautiful classic cars on the infield, an ‘Access All Areas’ policy, rock and classical music entertainment on a grand scale, aerobatic displays, a Period Fun Fair, Shopping, and so much more to entertain you, the Silverstone Classic is the place to be on July 22-24 this year.

Highlights for family entertainment include:

800 exotic, rare, and valuable race cars competing, more than you’ll see anywhere else in the world in one place
around 1000 race drivers and owners, and autographs for you to collect
22 races over the weekend
around 6000 beautiful classic cars on display over the weekend
rock music with Suzi Quatro, 10cc, Wishbone Ash, and top tribute bands to Bob Marley, Queen and the Rolling Stones
a classical extravaganza on Sunday with the 40 piece Amadeus Orchestra, Tetra Electra, and Adriano Graziani
aerobatic displays with a Spitfire, Mustang, The Blades and The Red Devils
a visit to the new ‘Silverstone Wing’ pit complex
super retail shopping area with art and antiques, books, models, clothing, accessories and automobilia
free Period Fun Fair alongside other extreme rides
live demonstrations including supercar shootouts, stunt bikes, trike races
village green entertainment and relaxing area with delicious food and bars
steam traction rally and working displays
have a ride out on a Harley Davidson motorcycle or a hot lap in a race car
Routemaster bus transfers from paddock to paddock
3, 2 and 1 day tickets available

FLAT OUT FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY

In addition the 2011 Silverstone Classic celebrates:

50 years of the E-Type Jaguar
50 years of the Mini Cooper
75 years of the Spitfire
60 years of Ferrari’s first World Championship race win
55 years of the Routemaster Bus
(Or if that all sounds a bit too exhausting, why not put the kettle on for a nice warm cuppa with your NSX mates on the stand, and discuss the niceities of HUK parts pricing policy - or something)

Come on, get booking !

Chris

britlude
22-03-2011, 09:57 PM
add me to the list, booked and paid for 3 days, plus camping fri and sat! not sure if i'll get there early enough friday to get on the stand, but i'll try!!!

looking forward to it! shame I missed Jedward last year....

duncan
23-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Add me to the list, booked and paid for the 3 days.
Duncan

L696ULO
24-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Add me too, booked and paid for but can only make the Saturday

Rich

sorepaws
24-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Tickets ordered :-D

charlie:one
28-03-2011, 07:43 PM
just ordered tickets seeyou all there nigel

britlude
28-03-2011, 08:33 PM
not treading on toes , I just wanted to get an idea of numbers as this is all a bit confusing...from the comments posted in this thread i've made a list!!! So, add your name if you are booked in..... (copy and paste!!!!)

Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Chris B N ......
Gumball ........ sun
Dragonlady ... sat sun
mark c ......... fri?, sat sun
britlude ........ fri?, sat, sun
duncan ........ fri, sat, sun
L696ULU ...... sat
sorepaws ..... ?
charlie:one ... ?

28-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get onto the SIlverstone Classic website and it doesnt seem to work......hopefully it will work soon, otherwise I am gonna miss out on BOGOF!!! :(

29-03-2011, 07:53 AM
The site is working again now!!! :)

I will be there on Sunday...see you guys soon!

Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Chris B N ......
Gumball ........ sun
Dragonlady ... sat sun
L696ULU ...... sat
sorepaws ..... ?
charlie:one ... ?
328...aka andy.....sun only

charlie:one
29-03-2011, 06:52 PM
The site is working again now!!!

I will be there on Sunday...see you guys soon!

Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Chris B N ......
Gumball ........ sun
Dragonlady ... sat sun
L696ULU ...... sat
sorepaws ..... ?
charlie:one ... sunday only
Last edited by 328; Today at 05:53 PM.

Chris B N
30-03-2011, 09:02 AM
fri sat and sunday for me (+1)

Chris B N
30-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Fri, Sat and Sun for me

sorepaws
30-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Chris B N +1 ...Fri, Sat, Sun
Gumball ........ Sun
Dragonlady ....Sat, Sun
L696ULU ...... sat
sorepaws +1.. Fri, Sat, Sun

nationofzeros
30-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Great stuff guys, but for other aspiring Silverstone attendees - the 'Early Bird' promotion finishes TOMORROW !!! After that you can still get tickets on the club deal including centre circuit access etc, but for a few dollars more...

Chris

Silver Surfer
30-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Just bought mine.....2 for 1 at £45 total....
I am going alone so may be should have bought the single without club discount for £43.20 :unsure::doh:

Going sunday only.

SS

lotusolly
31-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Gumball ........ Sun
Dragonlady ....Sat, Sun
L696ULU ...... sat
Lotusolly +1 ...Fri, Sat, Sun

Nytram
31-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Gumball ........ Sun
Dragonlady ....Sat, Sun
L696ULU ...... sat
Lotusolly +1 ...Fri, Sat, Sun[/QUOTE]
Nytram + 1 ... 3 days

ollie
31-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Gumball ........ Sun
Dragonlady ....Sat, Sun
L696ULU ...... sat
Nytram + 1 ... 3 days[/QUOTE]
ollie ( sunday only )

looking forward to seeing everybody

nationofzeros
01-05-2011, 08:37 PM
With accommodation in mind, for the first time this year there will be camping facilities onsite at the Silverstone Classic, for those of a suitably hardy constitution - details as follows:-
Camping

Many car clubs have requested onsite camping to save on the journeys to and from B&Bs and hotels and to allow them to enjoy all the entertainment provided at the event over its 3 days.

New for this year, there is a dedicated car club camping area on the outfield between Woodcote and Copse corners, adjacent to the competitor’s campsite. Details as follows:

Camping tickets are just £10 per person per night.
Free for children aged under 6 (must be accompanied by an adult car club member).
Facilities include use of showers and toilets.
Electrical hook up is also available for £10 per night.

Camping tickets and electrical hook up can both be booked when purchasing event admission tickets as a car club member.

Of course, failing this there might be 'crash out' opportunities in the nether regions of our Honda hospitality marquee(s), although I am sure that there will be something precluding this in the small print somewhere...

Chris

Senninha
01-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi Chris,

I need to order tickets for the Saturday as I'm now confirmed and will have a co-pilot for the day.

Whats the best way to arrange this to ensure in field pass etc ... better late then never!

Jon, Duncan & Rich,

Fancy meeting on route for the Saturday? Would think that either J28 Brentwood should work or the South Mimms services?

regards, Paul

L696ULO
13-05-2011, 04:54 PM
hi Paul

Happy to meet up for the drive there.

Rich

Senninha
13-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Great ... just need 2 tickets now ...

mutley
18-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I wasn't too sure about this event, however, after a few conversations at japfest, I'm convinced now, so I've got my tickets, all 3 days.

Jim

mutley
18-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Ps just am after thought, do we get stand passes with the tickets?? I've not been to this event before so not sure how it all works!

Jim

m666 edd
18-05-2011, 01:51 PM
The more I think about this event the more I feel like going. Any south west members interested in going?

sorepaws
18-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Ps just am after thought, do we get stand passes with the tickets?? I've not been to this event before so not sure how it all works!

Jim

I think to get the stand passes you have to enter the club code when you buy the tickets

"Don't forget to use our special NSX CB club booking code (C11037) for those all important club discounts, and to ensure you get a centre circuit pass so you can waft your burbling NSX through the hordes, all the way to our full fat HONDA supported club stand, right in the heart o the supercar action"

If you already ordered and didnt use the booking code give the organisers a call they I am sure will add that to your order

mutley
18-05-2011, 04:01 PM
I did use the club code.

Cheers
Jim

nationofzeros
12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Just a quick update on our presence at Silverstone Classic 2011 (July 22-24)

This is shaping up to be a great event, with a record number of NSXs already booked in. As you know, Honda UK are also supporting us very well with marquees, big screen entertainment, custom topiary (for the 'Gardeners World' contingent amongst us) , and some very special Honda kit indeed, which should make us the envy of our junior supercar peers at the show!

As those who have attended previously will know, this is a huge event with a massive amount to see & do, so our arrangements reflect the fact that everyone comes & goes as they please. Therefore my thinking is simply to hold impromptu barbeques on a 'bring your own food & kit' basis on our stand at 1300 on both Sat & Sun, and to use these as photoopportunities for the Club archives etc

We will have DVD player facilities, so if anyone has any archive NSX footage, (or alternatively any entertaining 'You've Been Framed' - style home videos), then bring them along.

A warm welcome is guaranteed whatever the 'summer' weather, courtesy of Mike's sublime teamaking facilities, which he has once again pledged to deploy.

Finally, all the car club deals etc run out on June 30, so if you havent booked your tickets yet and want to join us on the stand with your luscious NSX, see the booking details earlier in this thread - and get a flamin' move on !

Looking forward to a 'classic' this July,

Chris

havoc
13-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Looking forward to a 'classic' this July,

Chris

Oh yes...should be a good one with the Group-C's back, and the new paddock area to go explore.

PeterW
14-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Gumball ........ Sun
Dragonlady ....Sat, Sun
L696ULU ...... sat
Lotusolly +1 ...Fri, Sat, Sun[/QUOTE]
Nytram + 1 ... 3 days
PeterW + 1 ... Sat only

mutley
16-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Gumball ........ Sun
Dragonlady ....Sat, Sun
L696ULU ...... sat
Nytram + 1 ... 3 days
PeterW + 1 ... Sat only[/QUOTE]

Missed me off the list:
Mutley +1 Fri,Sat, Sun

Silver Surfer
16-06-2011, 10:59 PM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by PeterW http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?p=85169#post85169)
Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Gumball ........ Sun
Dragonlady ....Sat, Sun
L696ULU ...... sat

Nytram + 1 ... 3 days

Missed me off the list:
Mutley +1 Fri,Sat, Sun
Silver Surfer+1 Sun

SS

ollie
17-06-2011, 07:57 AM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by PeterW http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?p=85169#post85169)
Nationofzeros.
havoc ..........
Gumball ........ Sun
Dragonlady ....Sat, Sun
L696ULU ...... sat
ollie........sunday only

Nytram + 1 ... 3 days

Missed me off the list:
Mutley +1 Fri,Sat, Sun
Silver Surfer+1 Sun

SS

havoc
17-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Nationofzeros.
havoc .......... Fri (maybe), Sat, Sun
Gumball ........ Sun
Dragonlady ....Sat, Sun
L696ULU ...... sat
ollie........sunday only

Nytram + 1 ... 3 days

Missed me off the list:
Mutley +1 Fri,Sat, Sun
Silver Surfer+1 Sun

SS

WhyOne?
17-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I shall try to get along on Sunday as well........

Silver Surfer
17-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Nationofzeros.
havoc ........... Fri?, Sat, Sun
Chris B N +1 ... Fri , Sat, Sun
Gumball ......... .............Sun
Dragonlady .... .......Sat, Sun
mark c .......... Fri?, Sat, Sun
britlude ......... Fri?, Sat, Sun
duncan ......... Fri , Sat, Sun
L696ULU ....... .......Sat,
sorepaws +1... Fri , Sat, Sun
charlie:one .... ............ Sun
328..aka andy. ............ Sun
Lotusolly +1 ...Fri , Sat, Sun
ollie........................... Sun
Nytram + 1 .... Fri , Sat, Sun
PeterW + 1 .... ......Sat
Mutley +1....... Fri ,Sat, Sun
Silver Surfer+1. ........... Sun

SS

NSX 2000
18-06-2011, 03:16 PM
What are peple doing about digs who are going for 2 days or more?

Paul

nationofzeros
18-06-2011, 08:48 PM
For me Paul, it's the Walnut Tree Inn in Blisworth - cheap & very cheerful and good grub to boot

Chris

WhyOne?
19-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Whyone?...............Sun

britlude
19-06-2011, 07:42 PM
What are peple doing about digs who are going for 2 days or more?

Paul

hopefully trying to get the camping kit in the NSX!

WhyOne?
20-06-2011, 03:34 AM
hopefully trying to get the camping kit in the NSX!

With just me travelling in the car this is easy.

Have also done 2 people plus kit in am S2000 lots of times - this has to be less room.

Modern camping kit is great, v. compact & just made for stowing in the nooks & cranies of a Japanese supercar!

sorepaws
20-06-2011, 09:05 AM
With just me travelling in the car this is easy.

Have also done 2 people plus kit in am S2000 lots of times - this has to be less room.

Modern camping kit is great, v. compact & just made for stowing in the nooks & cranies of a Japanese supercar!

We managed 5 nights - modern kit makes it easy (!)

WhyOne?
20-06-2011, 09:32 AM
What......no porta-garage for OneWhy?!

;)

matpp
20-06-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm hoping to make it for the 3 days.....just working out the best logistics as it's 1200 km journey each way for me. I was hoping Kaz could do his magical Health Check just after the event so I could leave the car with him, return by plane and pick it up once finished.....unfortunately there's a waiting list and this is looking unlikely......is anyone willing to give their place away...it would save me a small fortune in time, money and mileage?

It would be good to meet you all and put a face to the handles.....best forum I've had the pleasure to deal with.

A bientot,

Mathieu

Paul G
22-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Paul G..................Sun (may have to find someone to come with me now.(Two for one deal)

markc
24-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I've booked Friday and Saturday nights at Whittlebury Hall campsite. Same site as a few of us stayed in 2009.

It's a short walk to the Copse (I think) entrance/exit and through the paddock to the circuit. Good place if you fancy taking in the evening activities over a few beers :)

Cheers

Mark

lotusolly
24-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I've booked Friday and Saturday nights at Whittlebury Hall campsite. Same site as a few of us stayed in 2009.

It's a short walk to the Copse (I think) entrance/exit and through the paddock to the circuit. Good place if you fancy taking in the evening activities over a few beers :)

Cheers

Mark

I am intending on booking the same site.
Thought the advertised camping on the circuit would be good but looks like you have to be a member of the circuit club to be able to stay.

Olly

britlude
24-06-2011, 08:47 PM
i booked using the nsx club code ages ago, and I've just had an email saying i'm in the silverstone woodlands campsite.....

got a new tent, trial packing the camping gear this weekend!!!

nationofzeros
27-06-2011, 08:11 PM
WARNING : If you're planning on going to the Silverstone Classic and haven't bought your tickets yet, time to get a move on - the Club special offers expire on June 30th, so if you're too late, no bargains or centre circuit passes for you !

This year's event should be something special, with top notch HONDA hospitality, the best racing programme yet, a record NSX turnout in prospect and a very 'special' exhibit on our stand !

Look forward to seeing you all across any part of 22-24 July that you can support !

Chris

Silver Surfer
27-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Is the special exhibit ASIMO or Senna's old car?

SS

Senninha
27-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Is the special exhibit ASIMO or Senna's old car?

SS

3 options IMO, the Mugen CRZ, current JGTC race car or Jensons winning 'honda'

My preference would be for the road going version of the new sport cars that ws pounding round the 'Ring 2 yrs ago!

hi Paul

Happy to meet up for the drive there.

Rich

Tickets finally ordered so just hope I'm fit enought to drive and join the team on the Saturday. Where would you like to meet and at what time Rich?? J28 of M25 maybe??

regards, Paul

WhyOne?
28-06-2011, 08:31 AM
At what stage in the ticket ordering process do you get the opportunity to enter the C11037 code?

jaffaz32
28-06-2011, 09:49 AM
WhyOne The code is at the top when buying the tickets
http://silverstoneclassic.com/tickets/

Think my arm has been twisted.

Don't think i can make the 3 days though, looking at the calender i think the friday and monday are already booked off.

Got a few questions ;)

What is the latest i can arrive on the Friday?

Can we book track time? or is that included in the tickets in form or a club parade.

The camping facilities are on the booking form at the bottom but i have seen in a thread that they should be £10 per person on the club camping area how do we book this camping as the one on the site i think is for general camping.

I'm still in two minds if i should camp or hotel so what is the latest and earliest we can arrive and leave each day? I would imagine there would be a point where they lock the gates and you can't get your car off the site. I'm not a keen camper :o lol.

I'll book tomorrow once i can confirm if i can book the friday or monday off.

NSX 2000
28-06-2011, 10:25 AM
You can come and go as you please, so you can arrive as late as you want and leave as early as you want.

The best thing to do is call the telephone number on the website, the guy I spoke to was VERY helpful and talked me through what I needed to do to get the best deal.

HTH Paul.

WhyOne?
28-06-2011, 10:46 AM
WhyOne The code is at the top when buying the tickets
http://silverstoneclassic.com/tickets/

Stupid me!

Brilliant - thanks for your help!

WhyOne?
28-06-2011, 12:24 PM
All booked.

I will have a spare entry ticket for Sunday is anyone is interested.

matpp
29-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Ferry and Silverstone tickets booked this morning for the three days.......may have to leave early Sunday pm to catch the return ferry.......just need some rear tyres now.

Will there be a prize for the dirtiest NSX?

Camping's not our thing so it's B&B for us.

Look forward to meeting you all......should be the best venue this year.

Cheers,

Nytram
30-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I would be able to find good use of your spare ticket for my son James, if it's still available.

All booked.

I will have a spare entry ticket for Sunday is anyone is interested.

havoc
04-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm now definite for all 3 days, and may be looking for an extra Friday ticket, if anyone's got one spare?

Not camping - living <40 miles away has its benefits...

NSXGB
05-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Paul G..................Sun (may have to find someone to come with me now.(Two for one deal)
NSXGB +1 Sat

Senninha
05-07-2011, 08:27 AM
NSXGB +1 Sat
Senninha +1 ........Saturday only

NSX 2000
05-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm now definite for all 3 days, and may be looking for an extra Friday ticket, if anyone's got one spare?

Not camping - living <40 miles away has its benefits...

I might be able to help you out, but I won't know untill I've received my tickets.

sorepaws +1... Fri, Sat, Sun
NSX 2000 +1...Fri, Sat, Sun
Dragonlady ...........Sat, Sun
L696ULU ...............Sat
PeterW + 1 ............Sat
NSXGB +1 .............Sat
Senninha +1 ..........Saturday only
Gumball ......................Sun
charlie:one ................ Sun
328..aka andy............. Sun
Silver Surfer+1. ...........Sun
Whyone?......................Sun
Paul G.........................Sun (may have to find someone to come with me now.(Two for one deal)

NSXGB
05-07-2011, 09:10 AM
NSXGB +1 Sat

matpp
05-07-2011, 04:48 PM
NSXGB +1 Sat
MATPP +1...... Fri , Sat, Sun

Does anyone know if there's power on the stand as I'm organising a mobile wheel refurbishing company to repair 2 curbed wheels (previous owner I hasten to add) whilst I'm over at the Silverstone classic on Friday 22nd.

The company's called perfection wheels.....maybe someone else may want their wheels done at the same time?

Cheers,

NSXGB
05-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know if there's power on the stand as I'm organising a mobile wheel refurbishing company to repair 2 curbed wheels (previous owner I hasten to add) whilst I'm over at the Silverstone classic on Friday 22nd.

The company's called perfection wheels.....maybe someone else may want their wheels done at the same time?

Cheers,

There was talk of a DVD player etc. on the stand along with the Honda tent so I'm pretty sure there will be power for them....

Senninha
05-07-2011, 05:28 PM

Cheers,

Check with Chris as he should be able to confirm what power generation the Honda hospitality comes with and whether you can use some of it ....

jaffaz32
05-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I should be coming, going to book the tickets this week.

Is there going to be a Nsx parade on track? How do i book?

Can i book additional track time?

Do we need to bring a helmet?

I'm not sure if i'm coming the sat or sunday possibly both. i need to arrange a passenger for our 2 for 1 offer ;)

matpp
05-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Check with Chris as he should be able to confirm what power generation the Honda hospitality comes with and whether you can use some of it ....

I sent Chris a pm yesterday but still waiting for a reply....he must be busy elsewhere at the moment......see you Saturday.

Cheers,

Hagasan
05-07-2011, 10:33 PM
NSXGB +1 Sat
MATPP +1...... Fri , Sat, Sun

Cheers,

I would have thought a mobile wheel refurbisher would have their own means of power no?

Silver Surfer
05-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Has anybody received their ticket yet?

SS

Senninha
06-07-2011, 07:42 AM

SS

Nope, I guess the postie will be busy next week ....

NSX 2000
06-07-2011, 08:19 AM

SS

Not yet. Siverstone might be a bit busy this week.

matpp
06-07-2011, 09:39 AM
I would have thought a mobile wheel refurbisher would have their own means of power no?

That's what I would have thought but apparently he needs power to run his compressor!?

Hagasan
06-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Just received an email saying my tickets have been dispatched this morning. Guess we all should be receiving them very soon....

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-07-2011, 10:29 AM

SS
According to the tracking system, my ticket was already sent from the organiser to the ‘See Tickets’ that is the company handling the ticketing side of the event.

Existing status: Tickets are in stock and will be despatched shortly to the address provided.

Hope I’ll receive it soon….. in time for the event…..

Kaz

gumball
06-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I had an email yesterday to say my ticket has been dispatched. There is plenty of time left and they have always been very reliable before.

NSXGB
06-07-2011, 06:41 PM
I should be coming, going to book the tickets this week.

Is there going to be a Nsx parade on track? How do i book?

Can i book additional track time?

Do we need to bring a helmet?

I'm not sure if i'm coming the sat or sunday possibly both. i need to arrange a passenger for our 2 for 1 offer ;)

The 2 for 1 ticket offer finished on June 30th.

L696ULO
06-07-2011, 07:24 PM
I had an email today saying the tickets had been dispatched and 'should be with you in the next 2-3 days' . Plenty of time

Silver Surfer
06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Just got an email too regarding delivery.......they must of 'Hacked' into this thread. :laugh:

SS

gumball
07-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Golden ticket has arrived! very much looking forward to this one.

nationofzeros
07-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Apologies, I have been away for last few days. I will check 240v scene & revert

Best regards

Chris

stevee
08-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi I have decided to get my NSX out of storage and bring it to Silverstone Classic on the Sunday ,do I just turn up and ask to bring it to the club stand ?

1991 NSX Auto Reg A4 NSX Red 46000 miles

jaffaz32
08-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I've just called the organisers for little more info.

If like me your a pansie and don't like camping if your car is on a stand you can't move it from the stand between 9am and 5pm however that is fine for most. after 5pm until early hours of the morning the gates are open and you can leave anytime you like for example after the concerts.

The guy on the phone said NSXCB do not have a club parade around the track this year, is this correct? can someone confirm please.

Also the code posted on page 1 no longer works, it expired on the 30th June. Which means you have to pay for price for the tickets.

I believe some people have purchased the 2 for 1 tickets and going on their own, perhaps they might like to sell their second tickets?

And... Although the club offer has expired are we still able to book our cars on the stand? As Steve asked?

nationofzeros
08-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Just to confirm, the club offers for Silverstone all expired on June 30th, which included the all-important centre circuit passes to bring cars onto our stand. There is a faint chance that I can somehow persuade the organisers to issue some specially, but they are normally very reluctant to do this so no guarantees unfortunately.

Let me know if you want me to try, once you have booked tickets

There is no problem normally in driving your car in & out as you please during the days - I always do

Chris

stevee
08-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Just to confirm, the club offers for Silverstone all expired on June 30th, which included the all-important centre circuit passes to bring cars onto our stand. There is a faint chance that I can somehow persuade the organisers to issue some specially, but they are normally very reluctant to do this so no guarantees unfortunately.

There is no problem normally in driving your car in & out as you please during the days - I always do

Chris
Hi Chris I booked my ticket for the Sunday this afternoon if I can get a pass onto the stand it would be good.

Regards

Steve

mutley
08-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi all,

My tickets arrived today, looking forward to it.
See you all in a fortnight

Jim

WhyOne?
08-07-2011, 08:22 PM
I believe some people have purchased the 2 for 1 tickets and going on their own, perhaps they might like to sell their second tickets?

I have a 2nd ticket for Sunday I dont need - £22 inc. postage if anyone is interested.

WhyOne?
08-07-2011, 08:23 PM

I have a 2nd ticket for Sunday I dont need - £22 inc. postage if anyone is interested.

havoc
09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I should have a spare ticket for one of the weekend days - not sure which one yet, will let you know.

...and if anyone has a spare Friday ticket, please let me know!

havoc
10-07-2011, 11:31 AM

Chris

Just realised...I've got a spare car-parking pass. It's got my Reg No. on it - does that matter?

If not I'll happily hand it on to whoever can use it best...

NSX 2000
10-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Just realised...I've got a spare car-parking pass. It's got my Reg No. on it - does that matter?

If not I'll happily hand it on to whoever can use it best...

Hi Havoc

Now I've got my tickets I do have 2 spare Friday tickets.

With regards to your car pass, did you get 2 the same (ie both with you reg number) ?

Paul

havoc
11-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi Paul,

Yes - I've got two identical parking passes, only the serial # is different. Do you need another one?

Friday ticket - I've had an offer of a single ticket from a chap on PH, so depends if you're happy to split your two or not? I'm pretty relaxed either way.

PM me - am in Kent this weekend (Medway, via M26/M20).

Cheers,

Martin.

britlude
11-07-2011, 09:27 PM
not got my tickets yet, my email despatch notice was last wednesday!!! :(

NSX 2000
12-07-2011, 09:02 AM
not got my tickets yet, my email despatch notice was last wednesday!!! :(

Not sounding good, I got mine on Saturday.

britlude
13-07-2011, 03:19 PM
hurrah, I got the passes for myself and Sarah this morning, but no bloody car pass........ why is nothing ever easy???

Dragonlady
14-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Does anybody fancy going for a drive and something to eat on Saturday evening after the music? Maybe a F&B's or Pizza Hut etc if there is one locally?

Ian

NSX 2000
15-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Does anybody fancy going for a drive and something to eat on Saturday evening after the music? Maybe a F&B's or Pizza Hut etc if there is one locally?

Ian

Hi Ian, depending on the time we would be up for this. There is a TGI Fridays in Nothampton on the A45 only 20 minutes from the circuit (if your driving) 10 minutes for the rest of us :D

Paul

NSXGB
15-07-2011, 12:48 PM
hurrah, I got the passes for myself and Sarah this morning, but no bloody car pass........ why is nothing ever easy???

Got mine this morning, no stand pass either. :(

britlude
15-07-2011, 01:09 PM
got mine all this morning... when I contacted them they had the car pass on their desk, and had forgot to put it in the envelope!

all sorted now, just got to work out what i'm packing, and what i'm leaving

WhyOne?
15-07-2011, 01:10 PM
I may be wrong, but based on 2009, I don't think you need a stand pass - previously the stands were all open access.....has this changed?

NSX 2000
15-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I may be wrong, but based on 2009, I don't think you need a stand pass - previously the stands were all open access.....has this changed?

Hi Ian

You have always needed a stand pass, this gets you into the circuit where the club stands are, otherwise you're just in a public carpark.

WhyOne?
15-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Sorry, yes of course you are quite right Paul. I was thinking 'grandstand'

I have received a green sticky pass with Y1's reg on it to gain access to the NSXCB area.

NSXGB
15-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Just phoned them (01483 524424) and the helpful young lady said we do need a stand pass.
Mine's in the post today hopefully.
You'll need your Booking reference number if you phone them.

havoc
15-07-2011, 05:07 PM
I've still got the spare pass here. If someone needs one I've no use for it, it just needs 'doctoring' for the reg-no.

nationofzeros
15-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Hi - al those who are going to bring their cars onto the stand, which is on the LHS over the first bridge past the main entrance this year, right by trackside this time, will need centre circuit passes. If you booked pre June 30 using the club code, you should bet one of these, coded to your numberplate...

Chris

havoc
15-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Hi - al those who are going to bring their cars onto the stand, which is on the LHS over the first bridge past the main entrance this year, right by trackside this time, will need centre circuit passes. If you booked pre June 30 using the club code, you should bet one of these, coded to your numberplate...

Chris

You're talking about the section by Bridge, right? Depending on which circuit they're using, that particular piece of track is unlikely to be used - if my mental map of the place is right, the GP circuit now misses that and goes straight up the Wellington Straight to Luffield (which previously was the route the National Circuit (BTCC etc.) took). The other 'new' layouts also dip down and then up the Welly Straight.

Actually - has anyone been there since the redesign? There was a grandstand overlooking Priory, but Priory is also now 'dead tarmac' - so have they turned the grandstand around to face the Welly Straight?

(NB, for those who weren't there last year or can't picture it, we were just behind the exit of Priory)

Edit: Useful map here:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Silverstone_Circuit_2010_version.png

L696ULO
16-07-2011, 09:26 AM
From Chris's description of the stand location I assume it is near the DEMO RIDES on this map from the Silverstone web site?

http://silverstoneclassic.com/car-clubs-2/site-plan/

Rich

NSXGB
16-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Green stand pass received this morning.
I'm all set. :)

gumball
16-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Bit of a trek by bus between the two paddocks this year.

Dragonlady
16-07-2011, 07:04 PM
If you know how to switch off my traction control Paul, (Sharon) I would keep up no problem!

How many are interested in a meal at TGI's on Saturday night?
I will book a table this Wednesday evening to make sure we can get in.

1. Ian & Sharon

Cheers Ian

NSX 2000
16-07-2011, 09:59 PM
How many are interested in a meal at TGI's on Saturday night?
I will book a table this Wednesday evening to make sure we can get in.

1. Ian & Sharon
2. Paul +3

britlude
17-07-2011, 06:10 PM
1. Ian & Sharon
2. Paul +3
3. Jon and Sarah

havoc
17-07-2011, 07:05 PM
From Chris's description of the stand location I assume it is near the DEMO RIDES on this map from the Silverstone web site?

http://silverstoneclassic.com/car-clubs-2/site-plan/

Rich

Ah...quite possibly. Close to a braking zone and the Luffield corners...might actually be pretty good!

stevee
18-07-2011, 07:49 AM
I've still got the spare pass here. If someone needs one I've no use for it, it just needs 'doctoring' for the reg-no.
Hi If you still have the pass I would like it , give me a call 07967304831 Steve

markc
18-07-2011, 08:45 AM
1. Ian & Sharon
2. Paul +3
3. Jon and Sarah

Not staying on site for a few beers, the Suzi Quatro/10cc/Wishbone Ash gig and some funfair silliness chaps ;)

Mark

L696ULO
18-07-2011, 09:26 AM
On Saturday I am meeting up with Senninha for the drive to Silverstone at junction 28 on M25 between 7.30am and 8am.

We are meeting at the petrol station on the road to Brentwood. If anyone who is coming that way wants to join us they are more than welcome just let us know and we will wait. No post then we are outta there!

Rich

NSXGB
18-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Yep, I'm in.

On Saturday I am meeting up with Senninha for the drive to Silverstone at junction 28 on M25 between 7.30am and 8am.

We are meeting at the petrol station on the road to Brentwood. If anyone who is coming that way wants to join us they are more than welcome just let us know and we will wait. No post then we are outta there!

Rich

britlude
18-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by britlude
1. Ian & Sharon
2. Paul +3
3. Jon and Sarah

Not staying on site for a few beers, the Suzi Quatro/10cc/Wishbone Ash gig and some funfair silliness chaps ;)

Mark

good point.... what time were you thinking for TGI, before/during/after concerts? though, not having been there before i've no idea how the entertainment works......

Dragonlady
18-07-2011, 04:03 PM
good point.... what time were you thinking for TGI, before/during/after concerts? though, not having been there before i've no idea how the entertainment works......

Probably after as they tend not to go on till late. From what I remember last year the music was done by 8-9pm.

Ian

havoc
18-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Group C race finishes at 9.05pm.

Music is on from 6.30pm to 11.00pm.

...could be a late supper at this rate! ;)

lotusolly
18-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Whilst looking to book up a campsite, realised from their website that this site is currently undergoing refurbishment and their toilet and shower block is not available for use! Price also seems to have gone up considerably and from what I could make out is the same price as camping on the circuit.
Given that the weather forecast is not looking good, have managed to find a local b&b instead.

Cheers

Mark

Dragonlady
18-07-2011, 08:34 PM

Must be a lot more happening this year, or the groups are doing more that four tracks each this year!
Aren't all the good groups on Friday this year?

NSX 2000
18-07-2011, 08:41 PM

As no one year has been the same we are always trying to guess, but the organisers always seem to bowl a googlie :dunno:

britlude
18-07-2011, 09:53 PM
that torpedoes the TGI dinner for us then.......

friday are tribute groups, Queen and Rolling Stones

mutley
19-07-2011, 05:12 PM
What time is everyone planning to get there on Friday? I have no dea when I'll arrive as working, but will be tere as soon as I can. I hope the stand is easy enough to find!!

Jim

Silver Surfer
19-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Just spoken to SSC at 4.58pm today and they reliably inform me that on the car-pass....you can just cross off the reg No. and write another and they will still let you in if you want to change cars.

SS

Dragonlady
19-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Still have to eat. So who would be up for 9pm Saturday evening TGI's. I will book a table tommorow evening.

Ian

markc
19-07-2011, 07:18 PM
What time is everyone planning to get there on Friday? I have no dea when I'll arrive as working, but will be tere as soon as I can. I hope the stand is easy enough to find!!

Jim

Same for me Jim. If I get there after 6pm I'll probably go and pitch my tent (pop-up=30secs) at Whittlebury first then walk in for the evenings entertainment. I'll walk by the club area and see if anyone is there.

Cheers

Mark

havoc
19-07-2011, 07:28 PM
I'll be there about 2pm on Friday, with waterproofs, brolly, towel, etc. etc...

mutley
20-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Still have to eat. So who would be up for 9pm Saturday evening TGI's. I will book a table tommorow evening.

Ian

Yep, we'd be up for that Ian

Jim

Chris B N
21-07-2011, 08:05 AM
on Friday will be there around lunchtime, so get a brew on someone !

Chris

WhyOne?
21-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Now unable to make this (selling wife's car, prospective purchaser travelling a long way to view can only make Sunday).

I have 2 entry tickets and a stand ticket - anyone interested.

Have a great time everyone - I am sure it will be a fantastic event.

sorepaws
21-07-2011, 08:49 AM

Jim

I will be onsite at SS at around 8 - 8:30am on Friday - Tea Brewing and Bacon cooking by 9am
See you there
Mike

NSXGB
21-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Now unable to make this (selling wife's car, prospective purchaser travelling a long way to view can only make Sunday).

I have 2 entry tickets and a stand ticket - anyone interested.

Have a great time everyone - I am sure it will be a fantastic event.

Nightmare Ian, very bad timing.

WhyOne?
21-07-2011, 09:14 AM
In some ways yes - obviously disappointed to misss this, in others it is near perfect - if I can get the car sold at the weekend, it will be gone before we head away on holiday, and just a couple of days before my company car arrives. Couldn't wish for better really. As the chap is travelling from the Isle of White, I am hopeful he is serious.

NSXGB
21-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Good luck with the sale!

ollie
21-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi all ,

i am going to SSC on Sunday aming to arrive around 9.30am , i will be joining the M25 at junction 8 and going round past Heathrow , if anyone wants to meet up to convoy in to the event let me know and we can arrange place and time

steve

sorepaws
21-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Directions to the NSX Pitch - over the bridge from the Main (old) Entrance - left at the roundabout on the infield. Picture attached

Seems we had an early interloper ! :-)

See you there

Mike

21-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi Steve,

I will be coming from m42 from bham, but can meet if you got a place in mind?

Cheers andy

Hi all ,

i am going to SSC on Sunday aming to arrive around 9.30am , i will be joining the M25 at junction 8 and going round past Heathrow , if anyone wants to meet up to convoy in to the event let me know and we can arrange place and time

steve

Paul G
21-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi Steve,

I'll be heading up the A34, maybe hook up around Oxford if that's any good? I'm out on Saturday night and it could be late so might need you to PM me your mobile number.....just in case!

Cheers
PG

Hi all ,

steve

21-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi pg and Steve,

Would it be feasible to meet at Bicester services? As an idea? Just off the m40?

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Steve,

I'll be heading up the A34, maybe hook up around Oxford if that's any good? I'm out on Saturday night and it could be late so might need you to PM me your mobile number.....just in case!

Cheers
PG

sorepaws
21-07-2011, 09:08 PM
As an FYI we will have a TV and DVD player in the Marquee - and some DVD's if anyone brings some

Mike

Silver Surfer
21-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I am coming round the M25 anti-clock and joining the M1....anybody going this way on Sunday?

SS

gumball
22-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I am coming round the M25 anti-clock and joining the M1....anybody going this way on Sunday?

SS

Me. Looking forward to more of the lovely contraflow..

ollie
22-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi pg and Steve,

Would it be feasible to meet at Bicester services? As an idea? Just off the m40?

Cheers,

Andy

Hi all ,

We will be meeting at Bicester services at 9.00am to leave for SSC at 9.15am on Sunday morning , please list names below , feel free to pm me if you want my mobile number . Steve

Ollie

Paul G
22-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Sounds good to me.

Steve - PM sent with my mobile.

Looking forward to Sunday - just the weather to put in place now!

Cheers
PG

Hi all ,

We will be meeting at Bicester services at 9.00am to leave for SSC at 9.15am on Sunday morning , please list names below , feel free to pm me if you want my mobile number . Steve

Ollie

22-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Hi PG and Ollie,

Sounds like a plan!

sent a PM to you Ollie

Cheers,

Andy

LIST
Ollie
Paul G
328 (Andy)

Senninha
22-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Directions to the NSX Pitch - over the bridge from the Main (old) Entrance - left at the roundabout on the infield. Picture attached

See you there

Mike

Thanx for the Map Mike, see you guys Saturday morning ...

regards, Paul

Hagasan
23-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Sounds good to me.

Steve - PM sent with my mobile.

Looking forward to Sunday - just the weather to put in place now!

Cheers
PG

I'll try to hook up at Bicester for 9.00am as well

LIST
Ollie
Paul G
328 (Andy)
Hagasan

sorepaws
24-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Thank you to Chris and TigerRed (Honda) for the support and hard work - a fab event 24 cars on Sunday and weather to die for !

Mike

nationofzeros
24-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Mike, thanks to all, not least of all yourself, for all the efforts that made Silverstone 2011 a real success. I will be writing a big 'thank you' note to HUK and TigerRed on our account, as I really felt that the hospitality arrangements were second to none this year

I hope everyone who turned up enjoyed this splendid and ever-growing event at least half as much as I did !

Chris

24-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi GUys,

Thanks to everyone!! It was a great day out for me and my son!

Apologies go out to Paul G, Ollie, Hagasan.......err...i admit that there 'services' at Bicester were almost non-existent!...and that it thankfully worked out at Cherwell valley Services...thanks to Steve!! - I guess it gives good precedents that I should really never organise anything otherwise things could go badly wrong!! :)

Cheers,

Andy

kingsley
25-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks to all who organised a great event. We had a great time just wished we had spent a couple of days rather than just the Sunday. Events like this and Goodwood and Cholmondeley need a couple of days. Thanks again great taking to so many interesting people

Kingsley C5 TOY

Dragonlady
25-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Great weekend, and a big thankyou to all that made it a great stand. Roll on next year.

Cheers Ian and Sharon

britlude
25-07-2011, 07:41 PM
great weekend, i'll be better prepared for the next one!!!

matpp
26-07-2011, 04:48 PM
A big thanks to all for the organisation......an excellent event despite the rain on Friday and the endless rain on our trip back from Ouisterham ferry terminal all the way home. Nice to meet you all.....apart from some too busy with their window winder mechanisms!

Cheers,

havoc
26-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Big thanks to Chris, Mike and of course HUK.

Good to meet some new faces too - Mathieu, great to meet you; Steve, sorry I didn't stop and chat for longer - story of the weekend I think.

I really think the SSC is becoming the best motorsport event in the UK - all the access of Goodwood without the pretention and the "us and them" (albeit there were a fair few young people wandering around trying to look posh/rich). Plus racing rather than just a quick blast-and-then-it's off up the hill...

Nytram
26-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Another brill weekend at Silverstone, thanks to Chris for all your efforts and sorting things with HUK.
Hope you will stay in touch and I look forward to having a good look around your new 348C soon.
Thanks to Mike for the refreshments and I guess it's up to you for next year[no pressure].

Best regards to all Martyn and Julie.

Silver Surfer
26-07-2011, 11:50 PM
A big thanks to all for the organisation......an excellent event despite the rain on Friday and the endless rain on our trip back from Ouisterham ferry terminal all the way home. Nice to meet you all.....apart from some too busy with their window winder mechanisms!

Cheers,

Hi Mathieu,

I briefly spoke to you about your wheels as I got a spare set in silver....before I got stuck in the window winding regulator fixit task....nice to have met you albeit brief...I posted a pic of your car in the other thread. :)

SS