PDA

View Full Version : NSX meet - London

Marky
10-01-2011, 04:17 PM
good afternoon... Any NSX owners up for a mini meet on Sunday morning 23 January? I live in NW3 but happy to drive 20 miles for a meet.

Senninha
10-01-2011, 10:28 PM
good afternoon... Any NSX owners up for a mini meet on Sunday morning 23 January? I live in NW3 but happy to drive 20 miles for a meet.

Hi Mark,

Yes I'm interested, where abouts and are you thinking meet only or meet and drive?

regards,

Paul

nobby
11-01-2011, 01:12 PM
surely if you are going out in your lovely motor, you would sacrifice more than 20 miles surely? the car would only be finding her groove at that point?!

get out there man and DRIVE IT! :)

Marky
11-01-2011, 06:15 PM
haha, OK I'll drive more than 20 miles.... My friend Aldo lives in Canary Wharf and drives a Porsche Speedster. Is he allowed to join? :D you suggest some locations. I sometimes meet at Battlers Green Farm in Radlett as they have a nice big open car park and good cafe for breakfast. Thinking 10am or 11am?

NSXGB
11-01-2011, 08:10 PM
....did someone mention breakfast?

Marky
12-01-2011, 04:44 PM
would be great to get some NSX's together. Let me know if Battler's Green works: http://www.battlersgreenfarm.co.uk/

madras
13-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Yep, could do that. I'm in central London

duncan
15-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Battlers Green Farm 10[ish] tomorrow I'm up for it, assuming others are going. I'll re-check the forum before leaving.

NSX 2000
15-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Battlers Green Farm 10[ish] tomorrow I'm up for it, assuming others are going. I'll re-check the forum before leaving.

Duncan, OP says 23rd January, that's next sunday :D

duncan
15-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks for that, I'll get my coat.

Senninha
15-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks for that, I'll get my coat.

Fancy meeting on route next week?

regards, Paul

ollie
18-01-2011, 04:17 PM
hi guys ,

i hope to be around for this sunday , still 10.00am ?

steve

Silver Surfer
18-01-2011, 10:47 PM
So when is it?......this sunday or next sunday or both?

SS

NSXGB
19-01-2011, 11:56 PM
So when is it?......this sunday or next sunday or both?

SS

Sunday 23rd.

Hoping to get there if I get time to refit my windscreen trim....

Senninha
21-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi All,

Radlett meeting time is target of 10am subject to traffic etc.

On route meet for Essex / Kent owners is Brentwood BRook St roundabout (J28 M25) leaving 9 - 9.10am

regards, Paul

ollie
21-01-2011, 11:59 AM
hi guys ,

Paul , i am going to try and meet up with you at J28 M25 , could pm me your mobile just in case

simon , if you get your windscreen done and want to meet up on route to J28 M25 , let me know .

look forward to seeing you all , for the first meet of the year

steve

NSXGB
21-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Will confirm tomorrow Steve....

Senninha
21-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Steve, PM with number sent, hope to see you there.

For anyone not familiar with the J28, some words of caution ....

- approaching from the south you will drive into roadworks with average speed cameras that are working
- road surface has been badly affected by recent cold weather so look out for large pot holes which have gone un-repaired as they plan to resurface the M25 when roadworks completed
- beware of large dark Volvos and last gen 5 series

- as you come off junction you will be almost going back on your self to get to the Brentwood exit.
- you then turn almost immediatly left into the services
- You should NSX's and owners waiting to greet you (unless you arrive first!)

I think we have the following so far for J28 ...

- NSX2000
- NSXGB
- Ollie
- Silver Surfer
- Duncan
- Senninha

Looking forward to the tunnels on route :D

sassthathoopie
22-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Count me in for tomorrow's meet.

I've just started work for a company that makes helmet cams and in car cameras. I asked to borrow one for the meet and was given four to test! Would be good to get a little footage of multiple NSXs on the road. I live 100 yards from Chiswick Honda. Will be heading up the north circular/M1 any central Londoners care to meet up either at Chiswick Honda or en route? Mark?

Hagasan
22-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I can finally get back on the forum, Happy New Year to all......

I'm going to try and roll along to this tomorrow...Sod's Law that a meet almost on my doorstep coincides with my NSX being off the road!!! Well it wouldn't have been but thats another story.....

I may have a NSX passenger ride tomorrow but if not I'll might pop over in my daily runner for a natter

Gary

ollie
22-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I can finally get back on the forum, Happy New Year to all......

I'm going to try and roll along to this tomorrow...Sod's Law that a meet almost on my doorstep coincides with my NSX being off the road!!! Well it wouldn't have been but thats another story.....

I may have a NSX passenger ride tomorrow but if not I'll might pop over in my daily runner for a natter

Gary

hi Gary ,

hope you are well , would be good to see to tomorrow , hope you can make it , as i would like your opinion on a couple of mods i have made over the winter

steve

NSXGB
22-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Gary, I'm all set & will be able to pick you up....PM me your post code.

Steve, could meet up at about 8:15-8:30 just off the m23 j10 - crawley? If you come off the motorway & do a right, 200m down the road is a lay-by, meet there?

ollie
22-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi Simon ,

happy to meet there 8.15 ish , will this give us enough time to get round to J28 to meet the others for 9.00 depature

steve

NSXGB
22-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Cool, I'll PM you my number...

Marky
22-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Hi guys,

Andy (VTEC Direct) was meant to drop my car back this afternoon but a couple of parts haven't come in so I don't have my NSX :(

I'm happy to come in my 911 if that's allowed?? So sorry, but out of my hands, very upset

Silver Surfer
22-01-2011, 07:35 PM
No worries Marky...Just an excuse to get another 'meet-up' arranged after this one. :)

SS

Kaz-kzukNA1
22-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi, all.

I was planning to attend this Mini meet but unfortunately, I have to put other projects including the service on another NSX at higher priority and thus, I have to miss this one…. Looks like I'm working over the weekend again...

What a shame as I wanted to discuss with some of you on the future service and schedule …

I probably need 36Hrs per day....

Kaz

NSX 2000
22-01-2011, 10:47 PM
hi Gary ,

hope you are well , would be good to see to tomorrow , hope you can make it , as i would like your opinion on a couple of mods i have made over the winter

steve

Steve, are you mad! YOU want Gary's opinion, he'll just tell you that you paid to much :eek: :laugh: :eek:

ONLY kidding Gary :D

NSX 2000
22-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi, all.

I was planning to attend this Mini meet but unfortunately, I have to put other projects including the service on another NSX at higher priority and thus, I have to miss this one…. Looks like I'm working over the weekend again...

What a shame as I wanted to discuss with some of you on the future service and schedule …

I probably need 36Hrs per day....

Kaz

Hi Kaz

It's always good to see you, so sorry you can't make this, but hopefully you'll get to discuss things with lots of people at the NSXCB dinner on the 15th April.

I know what you mean about the 36 hour day, I've only got twelve thousand unread emails, only manged not to read about 100 this week! :eek:

Paul

Senninha
24-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Hope to see the photo's soon that Duncan was taking ... not sure if the 911 will be in them as it has been modded to use the James Bond cloaking technology ....;)

So nice to see the cars out this early in the year and to catch up on the winter upgrades, nice work Steve!

regards, Paul

Marky
24-01-2011, 10:49 AM
guys, any photos from the mini meet yesterday? did you like Battlers Green? I love going for breakie or lunch at the cafe there. So sorry I couldn't join, Andy still has my car up in Cheshire. Waiting for a couple of parts to arrive from Japan. I will be at the next meet!!

duncan
24-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Photos of mini meet [5 of 12]
The keen eyed will observe; pop-up and facelift targas and coupes; 3.0s, 3.2s, and supercharged engines; type S, type R[ish], BBS and standard wheels; type R[ish] interiors in cloth and in leather; quiet, not so quiet and quite noisy exhausts; and completely standard cars.
But which is which?

duncan
24-01-2011, 07:19 PM
The next 5 photos [06 to 10]

duncan
24-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Last photos, All eight cars

TheSebringOne
24-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Looks like a great meet with NSX of all types & combo! Nice to see so many NSX out in January.

Silver Surfer
24-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Duncan, Can you make the pics bigger? They seem a bit small..

Cheers
SS

nobby
25-01-2011, 12:52 PM
+1

well done guys, great to see the cars getting a run out

hope you all had a great time meeting up

Looks like a great meet with NSX of all types & combo! Nice to see so many NSX out in January.

duncan
25-01-2011, 07:02 PM

Cheers
SS

Hopefully bigger, the first 5 cars to arrive, having met at Brentwood

duncan
25-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Cheers
SS

The first five again

duncan
25-01-2011, 07:09 PM

Cheers
SS

Next two to arrive, including Mr Clean

duncan
25-01-2011, 07:12 PM

Cheers
SS

Last to arrive, and group shots of all

NSXGB
25-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Last to arrive, and group shots of all
Mine looks like a convertible with the dark backdrop...well it does browsing on my phone anyway... :)

WhyOne?
25-01-2011, 08:40 PM
It does look like you have been busy with the angle-grinder Simon!

Good turn-out chaps!

ollie
25-01-2011, 11:04 PM
hi guys ,

good to see everyone on sunday morning , good turnout for a january meet , 2 things i discovered on sunday

1. some sort of euro / irish hoon would be well received and prob good fun ( judging by the germany trip last year )

2. Marky is just the man to organise it ( he could start a company and call it INVISIBLE TOURS r us )

thanks for the tour of Watford , Simon and Gary

look foward to seeing everyone at the dinner in April , if not before at a mini meet

steve

Marky
26-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Hey Steve,

I was so upset not to be able to join. Andy at VTEC Direct was meant to deliver my car back on Saturday afternoon but cancelled at last minute as he was still waiting for some parts to arrive. I was thinking about driving up in the Porsche but didn't think it would go down very well. I will be at the next meeting, promise. Looks like a very nice turnout. I have actually contacted Porsche Hatfield and they are happy to host a meeting, and provide refreshments! I will send details next week.

Hagasan
26-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Hey Steve,

I was so upset not to be able to join. Andy at VTEC Direct was meant to deliver my car back on Saturday afternoon but cancelled at last minute as he was still waiting for some parts to arrive. I was thinking about driving up in the Porsche but didn't think it would go down very well. I will be at the next meeting, promise. Looks like a very nice turnout. I have actually contacted Porsche Hatfield and they are happy to host a meeting, and provide refreshments! I will send details next week.

Huh??

I've sold my Porsche....... Honda at Hatfield....hmm?!?!

Marky
26-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I own a Porsche and a Honda. Both are great cars. Porsche Hatfield have a huge car park, great place for a supercar meeting. Doing it on Sunday 6 February at 11am.