PDA

View Full Version : Music - Recommended CD's

nobby
05-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Folks

On the back of Sudesh's music thread, I thought it would be good to allow forum members to stick up their favourite CD's of the moment; BTW ForumAdmin, any chance of a music section or something on the new boards?

Anyway's my motivation for this, is that I have been listening to a couple of CD's of late that may appeal to the broader spectrum of listeners. I myself am a diehard Hard Rock/Metal fan and will be till the day I die. :) This genre is not to everyone's tastes but once in awhile you come across CD's that are not all about shredding guitars and big gutsy vocals etc, and could appeal to a wider audience.

I love to support Musical Artist's people who know how to play instruments and take their music seriously. So here is a couple of CD's that I would like to bring to people's attention on this forum. So here goes:

Black Country Communion (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Country-Communion/dp/B003VY8PYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294247707&sr=8-1)

I love this CD, caught me by total surprise. Its got a great blues rock/groove rock vibe, from a great line up of musicians. No ego trips here, just good honest decent rock/blues music. The album has got a real loose feel and its just cool to listen too. Love it and not my usual cup of tea either

Beth Hart - My California (http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-California-Beth-Hart/dp/B003YJ86YG/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1294248017&sr=1-1)

I am one of those people who have been listening to Beth for several years now. I dont think she is all that well known within the UK, but she has proved popular within Europe and has toured there may times over the years.

Beth is not new to the scene by any means, just check out Amazon for all her other releases. I first heard of Beth when I bought her 2nd release (Screamin For My Supper) back in the day and have been a fan since. She has a fantastic voice and was credited as the next 'Janice Joplin'. She is a great songwriter and talented musician. This CD is fairly laid back but the lyrical content is not as she has been through the ringer during her life. Guest apperances by Slash, displays her respect within the industry. This like BCC has a real live feel to it, quite raw but still well produced. Defo check it out.

So there you go, hope some of you like what you hear, and also hope some of you decide to use this thread to put up your own recommendations for people.

regards

gumball
07-01-2011, 12:19 PM
CD's, how retro! ;)
I like Paloma faith's album and have recently downloaded Kid Creole and the Coconuts best of, for some summer in winter.

Justin
12-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Anything from Mogwai

AR
13-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Retro, not at all! :) Wife and I were looking at some Records she had a while back, and man was that cool!

Anyone here remember how they used to be released with different covers etc.

NSX 2000
13-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Retro, not at all! :) Wife and I were looking at some Records she had a while back, and man was that cool!

Anyone here remember how they used to be released with different covers etc.

I have a very rare 10inch single by the FYC somewhere :cool: