PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Iceland Adverts

AR
17-12-2010, 11:19 AM
I don't go to Iceland, nor do I have any interest in watching Jason Donovan wearing a burlesque outfit. Why when I am watching the Discovery Channels must I get bombarded by such tripe. Is like a bloody musical with intermissions of KFC adverts and all!!!

Andy_No_NSX_yet_:(
17-12-2010, 11:28 AM
/\ :laugh::laugh::laugh:

cant agree with you more!

nobby
17-12-2010, 11:41 AM
you got to love this time of year for all the crap they spew out on the telly! :eek:

the wonders of Sky+ ... and internet streaming content. ;) I very rarely see an advert anymore ... SWEET, especially this time of year

markc
17-12-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't go to Iceland, nor do I have any interest in watching Jason Donovan wearing a burlesque outfit. Why when I am watching the Discovery Channels must I get bombarded by such tripe. Is like a bloody musical with intermissions of KFC adverts and all!!!

It's sophisticated marketing demographics at work AR. You watch the Discovery Channel ergo you are prime target market for Iceland... and KFC by the sounds of it ;)

Imagine the dross you have to put up with if you watched a 24Hr "Soap" channel :shock:

Cheers

Mark

m666 edd
17-12-2010, 12:18 PM
But do 'mums' watch the discovery channel?

nakamichi
17-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Not only are the adverts incredibly annoying,the food they advertise looks bleddy awful.
Anyone for frozen strawberries dipped in chocolate or mini yorkshire puddings with a hideous looking piece of curled up beef inside?
Honestly,what sort of person buys this stuff?

AR
17-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Onslow would love that "food"!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/2073729077_ed165b48f4.jpg?v=0

Sudesh
17-12-2010, 07:35 PM
and

http://www.friendsofscotland.gov.uk/images/scotlandnow/humour-slideshow/20.jpg

Justin
17-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Snowed in today, so got a taste of the daytime ads. Usual ambulance chasers, but also JML's unfortunately named "Bumpits" :no:

Papalazarou
18-12-2010, 09:56 AM
It would also be pretty good to get through a day without any mention of Cheryl Cole.
Damn, well I guess that's today screwed!

Cheers,

James.

Justin
18-12-2010, 10:50 AM
It would also be pretty good to get through a day without any mention of Cheryl Cole.
Damn, well I guess that's today screwed!

Cheers,

James.

The ever-excellent Daily Mash (http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/), here drawing together the evils of Cole & Iceland.

SOME PEOPLE STILL THINK CHERYL COLE IS REAL, SAYS TV WATCHDOG
03-06-10
THOUSANDS of television viewers still believe that Cheryl Cole is not a special effect created in a damp bedroom, it emerged last night.

The broadcasting watchdog OFCOM launched an investigation after consumers claimed a product advertised by the latest version of the Cheryl Cole graphic made their hair smell of rotting dolphins.

An OFCOM spokesman said: "After receiving a number of letters full of spelling mistakes, we would like to clarify that Cheryl Cole isn't a real person, with actual hair.

"Cole is, of course, a computer-generated, manga-esque promotional image designed and maintained by a team of priapic teenagers working shifts in a dingy, fetid bedroom in Stoke littered with copies of White Dwarf magazine and a job lot of Triple Velvet.

"And that is why the bottle of off-white goop you bought has failed to make you look nice, despite its clearly beneficial effects on Cheryl's non-existent hair."

He added: "In a purely technical sense this sort of thing is completely immoral.

"But without the ethically flexible duping the mentally unfortunate into buying hair products, our economy would soon be reduced to car boot sales and a ragged, undernourished peasantry bartering for carrots.

"It's better to just think of L'Oreal adverts as a sort of world-weary version of the tooth fairy for women who read Closer."

Nineteen year-old Wayne Hayes, one of Cheryl Cole's creators, said: "She does look pretty realistic, apart from the eyes which are basically just black dots. I did the tits and the arse. You're very kind."

He added: "We are getting better at it with each version. Our first attempt to generate a pretend woman turned out to be Kerry Katona.
"As you can imagine, the people at Iceland were absolutely furious."

♻*Retweet

candyman
19-12-2010, 10:29 AM
I met a girl at a party a few years ago who told me she worked in Iceland. I was so impressed until i realised it was the shop, not the country! still she had nice chicken fillets and did not resemble Kerry Katona at all.

candyman
19-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Let's not be too harsh about Cheryl Cole. Like the spice girls before her, she has given much pleasure to the deaf, and don't forget , she is threatening to emigrate to the states. Maybe she could be Lady ga ga's microphone holder if she worked out.

Silver Surfer
19-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Candyman ...where's the pics of IOP? ;)

SS