PDA

View Full Version : Cheap NSX plate

Sudesh
08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAN-DANIEL-DANNY-DANNI-DANIELLE-NSX-D4NS-X-PLATE-/250738126729?pt=UK_Cherished_Numbers&hash=item3a61282f89#ht_500wt_1156

Surely overpriced as D4 NSX couldnt be worth anymore than £500 to maybe £900?

D12NSX to D20NSX can be purchased for £440

Maybe its me, but I just dont get the whole spacing letters/numbers to make a reg appear to be something it isnt! Not to mention its illegal and you can now get fined and points for it.

AnthP
08-12-2010, 04:15 PM
I agree, any plate which requires illegal spacing has very little real value.

I remember about 20 years ago, I had A17THS with some iffy spacing on my CRX and was involved in an RTA. I'm in the back of an ambulance with whiplash and the first thing the police officer attending the scene did was shout at me about my plate - very sobering experience and a lesson learnt.

66 NSX is up for auction at the Feb DVLA auction with a reserve of GBP450. On the basis single digit NSX plates tend to sell for sub GBP1500 at such auctions, you could easily see this selling for <GBP1K - I know which one I'd rather have ! (and will have if I still have my car by then).

Cheers

Anthony

Sudesh
08-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Now that is a nice plate! Plane and simple. I seen 911NSX here a few weeks back, on a 911 of all things lol

I remember about 20 years ago, I had A17THS with some iffy spacing on my CRX and was involved in an RTA. I'm in the back of an ambulance with whiplash and the first thing the police officer attending the scene did was shout at me about my plate - very sobering experience and a lesson learnt.

66 NSX is up for auction at the Feb DVLA auction with a reserve of GBP450. On the basis single digit NSX plates tend to sell for sub GBP1500 at such auctions, you could easily see this selling for <GBP1K - I know which one I'd rather have ! (and will have if I still have my car by then).

Cheers

Anthony

shane
08-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Maybe this plate was on one of the four NSXs thats currently for breaking!!! LOL

Sudesh
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Maybe this plate was on one of the four NSXs thats currently for breaking!!! LOL

Dont be silly! They have completely sold out of everything at those bargain prices lol

TheSebringOne
08-12-2010, 08:41 PM
£4700 starting bid for an illegal DAN plate !! :no:

Will keep a eye on this to see if the reserve is not met?

AR
08-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Still kep T1 NSX in the event I get a Targa one day. :)

Justin
08-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Would like a nice plate, but I feel I'm a bit hamstrung by the history on P27... same reason that I'm not going to get into any big mods.

Am I being too sentimental about the car, or is it right to keep it broadly stock?

Sudesh
08-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Would like a nice plate, but I feel I'm a bit hamstrung by the history on P27... same reason that I'm not going to get into any big mods.

Am I being too sentimental about the car, or is it right to keep it broadly stock?

No need to keep the car stock while you own it and chosen wisely, most things you can reverse; but I would probably keep the plate if you plan on selling the car at a later date, Or if you know anyone in the UK, you could put the plate on retention and keep it there and then add you own plate to it while in N.I

Justin
08-12-2010, 10:36 PM
No need to keep the car stock while you own it and chosen wisely, most things you can reverse; but I would probably keep the plate if you plan on selling the car at a later date, Or if you know anyone in the UK, you could put the plate on retention and keep it there and then add you own plate to it while in N.I

Yeah, I'm going to try to keep it standardish but try not to be a slave to it. And since everyone knows the car as "P27" (and has done long before I came along) it would prolly be a bit of vandalism to separate the car from it's name badge :rolleyes:

WhyOne?
09-12-2010, 09:26 AM
I tend to agree with you Justin - the car is 'P27' and should retain the plate.

My car has nothing like the illustrious history of P27, but is well know in UK NSX/Honda circles as 'Y1' and neither the previous owner nor I would consider seperating the car from its plate even though the plate may be worth a few bob on its own.

Gratuitous Y1 pic!

nobby
09-12-2010, 09:38 AM
would like a nice plate meself, but cant justify the costs for a decent one. Also I still have a few issues to sort out with my car before spending money on a plate ... something way down the line for me, I think

Justin
09-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I tend to agree with you Justin - the car is 'P27' and should retain the plate.

My car has nothing like the illustrious history of P27, but is well know in UK NSX/Honda circles as 'Y1' and neither the previous owner nor I would not consider seperating the car from its plate even though the plate may be worth a few bob on its own.

Gratuitous Y1 pic!

Thanks for that perspective, glad to hear I'm not just being soft about it. Y1 is looking scchhhhwwwweeeeeeeeeeeetttttt !

Nick Graves
09-12-2010, 07:25 PM

Cheers

Anthony

Obviously, having a mis-spaced plate makes one crash one's car, then!

Whilst I personally find mis-represented plates a bit sad, the attitude of Plod in those circumstances is even sadder; no wonder they're rapidly losing the public's support.

Nick Graves
09-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks for that perspective, glad to hear I'm not just being soft about it. Y1 is looking scchhhhwwwweeeeeeeeeeeetttttt !

I agree there!

P27 OLU isn't a particularly extraordinary plate in itself, but it's sort of taken on an identity of its own. Bit like the publicity Mini, 621 AOK or the Elite DAD10. Or 250 GTO...ok, bad example.

Sooo, it's already more illustrious than something NSX.

And non-model specific plates have now been sooo done to death, they can be a bit embarrassing. Unless extremely cooooooool.