PDA

View Full Version : Black Auto on ebay

Sudesh
27-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Not a bad looking car from what I can see.

Import car but UK front bumper.

Havent seen a nav install like this one before! pity about the console and radio setup. Guess rare enough too as you dont see many early black cars, infact not too many black in general.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-HONDA-NSX-Automatic-/330500301464?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4cf35a6298#ht_500wt_1156

TheSebringOne
28-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Also interesting set up for the sound system in the rear boot.

Nice tidy example for someone whose after an auto.

Sudesh
28-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Also interesting set up for the sound system in the rear boot.

Nice tidy example for someone whose after an auto.

Yeah must be the drives and CD system. Neat install in the boot!

NSXGB
28-11-2010, 09:42 AM
All that work to the sound system and let down by the HU installation.
Bit of a shame but if the rest of the car is as good as it's described, it's a bargain.

Justin
28-11-2010, 10:21 AM
This has been on the trader for the best part of 3 months. The original pics there showed substantial leaks on the drive under the car (could of course be from a different vehicle) - iirc looks to have been cleaned up and reshot but n.b. new marks still present on the ground. I'd need to hear a damn good story about that before I'd travel to view.

And I'd want to be checking that one of our race guys still had a dash for sale :eek:

nobby
28-11-2010, 10:41 AM
I think at the price, and going by the description put on the listing this could be a good buy for someone.

obviously the oil leaks around car are a concern, but if all the work he said has been done, then you would argue that the spills are from something else. I am sure most NSX owners have another car lying around. But as you said you would need to have a good look at this car to ensure everything is done like he has listed

the sound system looks decent but let down by the single DIN install and HU unit. a single DIN on the centre console is hideous on these cars. I should know, my car had one in ... woeful :(

Black in an NSX really does make it look mean and sinister ... I LOVE IT. :cool:the car looks a good buy based on what is listed.

This has been on the trader for the best part of 3 months. The original pics there showed substantial leaks on the drive under the car (could of course be from a different vehicle) - iirc looks to have been cleaned up and reshot but n.b. new marks still present on the ground. I'd need to hear a damn good story about that before I'd travel to view.

And I'd want to be checking that one of our race guys still had a dash for sale :eek:

Justin
28-11-2010, 10:55 AM
I agree that the price is incredibly attractive, and gives a buyer some latitude even for major issues. If I'd been in the running for an auto, this car bought at £10k plus a +£3k refresh/detatting budget, plus a further £3k just-in-case money, would have made a fairly handsome £16k car.

And black really is the cat's pyjamas ;)

Lankstarr
01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
It's not for sale for 10k ... who knows what the reserve is!

In general I would expect a good auto to be £4-5k less than a manual so value this at around 12k depending on condition. The cambelt and new auto box are obviously in its favour but there are plenty of other expensive bits to look out for.

If it was £10k then I would say it was worth a punt as long as the bodywork and inspection came out clear. If it was £12k then I would expect a dealer backed guarantee.

Pretty rare in black and some nice bits thrown in though if someone is after an auto to carry their beagle around in.

L*

TheBeagler
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Yep defo need to be beagle friendly. Looks like the leather seats need to be retrimmed. cream leather I'm thinking to match the lemon b1tch.

It's not for sale for 10k ... who knows what the reserve is!

In general I would expect a good auto to be £4-5k less than a manual so value this at around 12k depending on condition. The cambelt and new auto box are obviously in its favour but there are plenty of other expensive bits to look out for.

If it was £10k then I would say it was worth a punt as long as the bodywork and inspection came out clear. If it was £12k then I would expect a dealer backed guarantee.

Pretty rare in black and some nice bits thrown in though if someone is after an auto to carry their beagle around in.

L*

AR
01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
In general I would expect a good auto to be £4-5k less than a manual so value this at around 12k depending on condition.
L*

More like 15 if it is all OK, times have changed...

nakamichi
01-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Surprised that an auto is worth 4-5k less than a manual.
I know that autos in general are worth less than manuals but even so,4-5k seems a huge differential.

TheBeagler
01-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Surely just a supply and demand thing, for me £4-5k sounds about right

nakamichi
01-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Surely just a supply and demand thing, for me £4-5k sounds about right
Good news for me then as I have a manual:)

TheBeagler
02-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Good news for me then as I have a manual:)

and a nice one too....red/black looks best IMO

AR
02-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Just like the Rex in your avatar. :)

Timage24
02-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Is it just me or does the fact that the NSX is for sale on Ebay not put you all off?
You'd expect the owner to know its true value and where to advertise, putting it on ebay to me is like admitting its a bad egg.

Sudesh
02-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Is it just me or does the fact that the NSX is for sale on Ebay not put you all off?
You'd expect the owner to know its true value and where to advertise, putting it on ebay to me is like admitting its a bad egg.

Sorry dont agree; ebay in my opinion has a better/wider media and advertising setup than any of the the other sites.

Last year and 3 times this year; I sold a few cars that are quite rare, all of which sold VIA ebay, and all went out to europe. When I asked the buyers where they seen the adds, the answer was ebay!

Rob_Fenn
03-12-2010, 01:25 PM
So is it definitely a JDM car, as it doesn't mention in the ad (although i have noticed the rear bumper)?

AR
03-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Sorry dont agree; ebay in my opinion has a better/wider media and advertising setup than any of the the other sites.

Last year and 3 times this year; I sold a few cars that are quite rare, all of which sold VIA ebay, and all went out to europe. When I asked the buyers where they seen the adds, the answer was ebay!

I agree with Sudesh on this one and if I part with mine Ebay will be the place to go. Last time I had an advert on PH I had more "dreamers" than real interest.

nobby
03-12-2010, 06:02 PM
No hesistation putting my car on flea-bay myself. It's got a big audience and there can be a lot of exotica on it too. Sure a load of dealers use it.

I viewed an NSX on it and was wanting to buy but dealer would not negotiate a price; if he had it would have been bought and sold

TheSebringOne
03-12-2010, 09:44 PM
I kind of agree with comments about PH, may be its better with Ebay & Auto Trader with it's wider audience, but a big thing is supply & demand too. Having said that, I would have a problem buying an expensive car before I see & test it, just by looking at numerous photos & then bidding for it?

m666 edd
03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Isn't the idea you go visit the car before the bidding ends so you know how much you value it at? Rather than blindly bidding.

Can't imagine many (any?) people just bidding without physically checking it out.

Ebay is probably handy for finding out how many people might be interested in your car and at what prices. You could put something on with a high reserve so it doesn't sell but then you'd know what kind of audience there is for it.

Sudesh
03-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Ebay also have classified adds! So no bidding and just the same rules as a classified anywhere else.

TheBeagler
03-12-2010, 10:23 PM
The bidding on this ended at £11k......not sure if the reserve was met though.

m666 edd
03-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Well there is no mention of a reserve now. Like "reserve not met" so I assume that's it.

Sudesh
03-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Well there is no mention of a reserve now. Like "reserve not met" so I assume that's it.

Yeah I didnt notice a reserve either? If it did sell for £11k, was a cheap.

AR
03-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Having said that, I would have a problem buying an expensive car before I see & test it, just by looking at numerous photos & then bidding for it?

Even if it was an NSX-R in Japan. :)

Justin
06-12-2010, 02:17 PM
£11k was the ask price on the trader for months, so either this really is the vendor's floor price and he's taken it out of the market to stop it fetching less, or it has changed hands and the buyer paid above the vendor's floor. If the latter, good testament to eBay's reach and acceptance as a mainstream channel for car sales. A couple of years ago it was different, but I know many happy buyers of eBay-listed cars.

Dave J
09-12-2010, 11:13 AM
I've personally sold 100's of cars on ebay and also bought my first NSX from there (wish 'd kept her now). I've bought mant decent cars but also rejected far more!! If i 'win' an auction and the car is crap then i simply tell the seller 'to go forth and multiply'........that usuall does the job :rolleyes: