View Full Version : Poetry In Motion lol

Sudesh
27-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Got these from a friend who was doing some pics at our last NIPistonheads run

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/2010Coastrun4.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/2010Coastrun5.jpg

sutats
27-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Looks great Sudesh. A good reminder of what a sunny day looks like with a Noble closing in.

Sudesh
27-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Looks great Sudesh. A good reminder of what a sunny day looks like with a Noble closing in.

Thanks! Yeah it was a good day, Noble belongs to a friend of mine.

nobby
27-11-2010, 08:38 PM
flash git! ;)

BTW, did you ever get copies of the pics from Carsport re the Donnelly meet?

Justin
27-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Nice rolling pics

Sudesh
28-11-2010, 11:07 AM
flash git! ;)

BTW, did you ever get copies of the pics from Carsport re the Donnelly meet?

Not yet Andrew, actually totally forgot about it!

Senninha
28-11-2010, 01:47 PM
NSX looks on its toes as always .. is it just the angle of photo or are you running with a soft glass tint somewhere?

regards, Paul

Sudesh
28-11-2010, 07:27 PM
NSX looks on its toes as always .. is it just the angle of photo or are you running with a soft glass tint somewhere?

regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

Yeah well spotted! The rear firewall window has a light tint on it.

The rear hatch window was also tinted when I got the car but that was one of the first things to go. I obviously didnt bother removing the tint on the firewall window as I quite liked that and its not too obvious.

Nick Graves
29-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Tatty old PoS!

Not.

Looks stunning - great scenery too.

m666 edd
29-11-2010, 08:21 PM
The car looks great and you inspire with your attention to detail.

However can you PLEASE sort out that front number plate :) Get a custom made one to fit the nice short registration you have.

Sudesh
29-11-2010, 08:31 PM
The car looks great and you inspire with your attention to detail.

However can you PLEASE sort out that front number plate :) Get a custom made one to fit the nice short registration you have.

Many thanks!

The plate doesnt bother me, I prefer the standard size to be honest.

NSXGB
29-11-2010, 09:00 PM
....or lose it completely.....It's a common fault; NSX front number plates falling off....honest Officer.

nobby
30-11-2010, 10:34 AM
would love to do this myself, but its not worth the hassle you would end up getting. i also hate that look with the plater wedged up on the window instead ... looks tatty and again i could see hassle's from the 'piggies' re this

....or lose it completely.....It's a common fault; NSX front number plates falling off....honest Officer.

Rob_Fenn
01-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Lovely photo. Agree that you need a smaller plate. I've had no problems with a 3/4 sized one.

Nick Graves
01-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Now you lot have gone on about it, it does look a little odd! Probably because there's no plinth behind it.

So long as the spacing & font is correct, would there be a problem lopping off the ends?

m666 edd
01-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Now you lot have gone on about it, it does look a little odd! Probably because there's no plinth behind it.

So long as the spacing & font is correct, would there be a problem lopping off the ends?

This is what I was meaning. Why have all that overhanging white. I wouldn't change the font size either just stick to the required minimum margins.

AR
01-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Guys Sudesh is using the plate as a flexible front wing! :)

Looking great mate BTW!

Chris B N
02-12-2010, 04:32 PM
I have a 5 digit/ letter plate
removed the number plate plinth, cropped off the excess at each end
bonded 3" brackets directly onto the back of the number plate with spacing to allow bolting into the original threads on the front bumper
This set the plate back a little and in my opinion looks better balanced
The number plate is also a little lower, with it being smaller in area have not noticed any cooling problems

Chris B N

Nick Graves
02-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Maybe following Ary & Chris's ideas, a small pair of hinges on the back would allow the number plate to rotate into the air intake at higher speeds, improving airflow to the radiatior...

Can't see any issues with that. And I mean it truvelo...

havoc
02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Maybe following Ary & Chris's ideas, a small pair of hinges on the back would allow the number plate to rotate into the air intake at higher speeds, improving airflow to the radiatior...

Can't see any issues with that. And I mean it truvelo...

:D

I think you'd need some good SPECS to notice any difference!

Sudesh
02-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Guys Sudesh is using the plate as a flexible front wing! :)

Looking great mate BTW!

Thats it Ary!

I've been playing around with the way the wind bends the plate at speed and deflects the air out to the wings and travels up the side into the air scoop, full on CAI lol

Seriously though, never really thought about doing anything with the plate, has never bothered me that much.