PDA

View Full Version : Am I making a mistake?

rocco1
15-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi guys,am I making a big mistake? I think I may have sold my NSX! I have been offered the full asking price and the buyer wants to collect it tomorrow! I have not drove my car for about two months and after driving it today it put my German cars to shame awell as the Italian toys I have owned! Really dont know what to do!!!!!

goldnsx
15-11-2010, 09:06 PM
In doubt take no action.

havoc
15-11-2010, 09:21 PM
If you're not certain you want it then sell it.

If you drive it and you don't want to sell it, then you are certain you want it - so remove the ad.

If you decide to keep it, let him know before he leaves the house tomorrow.

Hagasan
15-11-2010, 09:35 PM
.....let's go round again.......:rolleyes::rolleyes: It's summer 2010 all over

TheSebringOne
15-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Don't sell it if you are not sure, otherwise you will regret it. I think you got to be 100% in the mind first.

Sudesh
15-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Anyone else having deja vu?

Lets face it, you have had it for sale on PH for ages, you posted something similar to this thread before, and then mentioned you were glad you kept it, however you still had it for sale!

None of it makes sense to me lol

rocco1
15-11-2010, 10:00 PM
I know I will regret selling the NSX,but always had a love hate relationship with it,the drive is near perfect much better than anything i have driven,but the looks of it sometimes make me think emm,as in the headlamps dont seem right and the back end seem too long.But once inside the car its totally awsome!!!

TheSebringOne
15-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I think you have made your mind up, I hope this car is not leaving our shores? Rocco, so what are you going to replace it with?

sutats
15-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Do you have the most toys? If you do, you win. If you don't, keep at it.

Senninha
15-11-2010, 10:19 PM
.....let's go round again.......:rolleyes::rolleyes: It's summer 2010 all over

Well its been a while since we played this game and what else do you do on a dark cold evening when not out driving your NSX ....

you think that maybe you might just possible almost absolutely without regret convincingly and positively .....

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

start posting again :rolleyes:

Hagasan
15-11-2010, 10:20 PM
I know I will regret selling the NSX,but always had a love hate relationship with it,the drive is near perfect much better than anything i have driven,but the looks of it sometimes make me think emm,as in the headlamps dont seem right and the back end seem too long.But once inside the car its totally awsome!!!

You can't see the car when inside driving it......Does your wife love you for how you look on the outside or for what you provide from within :D

Silver Surfer
15-11-2010, 11:14 PM
I think you be best to sell it so that only with loss... you will understand how much you want the NSX. :cool:

SS

NSX 2000
15-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi Rocco

This is only a question you can answer, do you like the car or not.

Paul

Justin
15-11-2010, 11:41 PM
You're not happy with the car, that's why it's been for sale so long. Image is more important for you than the car's driving pleasure, or you wouldn't have brought it up in your post. I'm not judging that at all, just pointing out that it shows you clearly the path to take here.

All you're experiencing today is a slight pang of indecision now that things are becoming concrete. But in reality you made this decision long ago, and confirmed it every day that you kept that ad up on PH.

Listen to your balls (erm?) and sell it. Go with the car that has the image you want. There's nothing wrong with that - we're all likely to be pseuds here telling you that the only aesthetic considerations should be the steering wheel and the view out the windscreen, but that's feeble: we all have an emotional response to the exterior and if that emotion isn't warming your cockles you don't have to feel bad.

Now, what about a good deal on the black wheels? :rolleyes:

AR
16-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Rocco, I would say sell it. I know that I want to sell mine only because is a pain in the but for my wife to get in and out, if not I don't think I would ever sell it. I like the looks and now also the power but a car is meant to be driven.

Good luck with the sale.

rocco1
16-11-2010, 08:43 AM
My wife has no say in what I drive.I bought her a S2000 in 2004 and replace it every 2 years for a newer model.If the guy turns up today then I will sell it,if he does not turn up then I will take the add down.I am not looking for a car at the moment,but I have an eye on a Scud or a 16M which I am looking to buy in Sept 2011 or 16M in april 2012.I could have sold my NSX many times over but was always offered just shy of my asking price,thats why its been up for sale this long.It will be staying in the country and in the noth west,Wrexham way.Lets see what happens today as that will make my mind up for around 12 months.

vtecdirect
16-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Tony, just lend your car to me long term, i can enjoy driving it every day, and every time you feel a pang of guilt, call me and you can drive it again, this solves the problem of having to look at it all the time, lol. :D

Justin
16-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Well... deal or no deal???

rocco1
16-11-2010, 05:52 PM
SOLD! Sold it this afternoon and i will have the pleasure in driving it 90 miles to the buyers home,so atleast I get one last go and a nice longish drive.Sold it with the black OZ rims and the buyer did'nt testdrive it.Just one look and off to the bank we went.So anyone intrested in buying the original 17" alloys as new condition with as new Goodyear tyres?

m666 edd
16-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Well that's solved that then :)

I'm sure they'll be plenty of interest in the wheels. Did you offer them as an extra to the new owner?

Hopefully you won't enjoy your drive too much ;)

gcon45
16-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Ary (AR) might be interested in the wheels mate. Drop him a PM.

You'll have no trouble shifting them.

I can't believe the buyer doesn't want the standard wheels! :eek:

rocco1
16-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Well off i go and enjoy my last drive in this amazing machine,rather sad but i dont think it was for me.I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you all on the information you have passed on to me when ever i got stuck,thanks again!

Hagasan
16-11-2010, 07:11 PM

I think the records will show that I asked about these a long long time ago!! Rocco, I hope you read this......

Nick Graves
16-11-2010, 07:54 PM

That IS rather concerning...

AR
16-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I think the records will show that I asked about these a long long time ago!! Rocco, I hope you read this......

A long time after I asked LOL!

Sudesh
16-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Surely it doesnt matter who asked first in the past when the guy didnt actually "officially" mention selling the wheels!!

It should only matter now; as this is the first time that [I recall anyway] the wheels are available. :)

AR
16-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Should be the one without 02 plus wheels...

Boomin33
16-11-2010, 11:04 PM
...just read your reasons for selling.

IF the looks weren't doing it for you,, then it's pretty much a sell, in my book. Unless you are a collector with 10 - 30 cars in some barn.

For me:
-If the Alpha RZ was of the same type of ilk as a drive... doubt I'd been able to stay focused on the Steering Wheel and Windscreen for very long!

I personally think the NSX is a beautiful car, and for that reason and the increasingly rare drive.... keeps it in the Stable.

nobby
16-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Maybe the money you have made on this will help you buy the NSX-R you always wanted :D

rocco1
16-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Just got back froma 97 miles trip one way,45 miles on the motorway and 50 miles on a and b roads.Never before have i driven this car on a long journey and i realise now what i had.Well I suppose it is better to have owned one than never owned one.

Hagasan
16-11-2010, 11:21 PM
A long time after I asked LOL!

Ah but it was the OZ ones you asked about wasn't it?

I did PM Tony months back about these but it is up to him obviously. Some of the things I say on here are semi-serious, light hearted bantering/devils advocate comments only....

Sudesh
16-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Just got back froma 97 miles trip one way,45 miles on the motorway and 50 miles on a and b roads.Never before have i driven this car on a long journey and i realise now what i had.Well I suppose it is better to have owned one than never owned one.

That is true, just keep up the word on the NSX!

Sudesh
16-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Maybe the money you have made on this will help you buy the NSX-R you always wanted :D

I this you lol

http://scarefx.com/images/witch_project/witch_on_front_porch_dayshot.jpg

rocco1
16-11-2010, 11:48 PM
That is true, just keep up the word on the NSX!
I have already said that the NSX puts all my other toys to shame and at a fraction of the cost!

eclipse1501
17-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Sell it and save trees (web posts, electric, Co2)