PDA

View Full Version : Is this car known to the club?

muhnkee_2
29-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Hey folks,
Thanks very much for all your efforts building and maintaining this forum, its really appreciated that there is somewhere to come and learn from the experts!

I currently drive a Renault Avantime, which i love to bits, but i am looking for something a little lower, smaller and faster, so i am hoping to fulfill a childhood dream and buy an NSX to go with the avantime.

I have seen this one advertised on car and classic, and was wondering if it is known to the club and what peoples thoughts are on the price and condition.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C153087/

Any wisdom greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Greg

muhnkee_2
29-10-2010, 01:34 PM
wow, i also saw this one on ebay, which looks good and the colour reminds me of Ayrton Senna zooming around in one in the early 1990's

Is this car known?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170554863049

Sudesh
29-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi and welcome

Both those cars have been discussed on the forum, the yellow one very recently.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=8325

nobby
29-10-2010, 01:58 PM
the black car has been discussed heavily with regards to pricing etc as most of us know how much this car originally sold for.

put it like this, there is LOTs of room for negotiation on the price, so dont be afraid to bargain if you are interested. as Sudesh pointed out there is threads relating to this car.

THe yellow car does look nice, and someone should pop along to see it/view it.

good luck in your search, there certainly is not that many round at the moment

Sudesh
29-10-2010, 02:01 PM
the black car has been discussed

Midnight Purple?

Justin
29-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi Greg and welcome - no obvious defects in either car, so both would be worth a trip to view.

NB the yellow car was recently unsold at auction, with an estimate of 18-22k; it follows you might be able to get it for the lower end of that range. The dealer bought the purple targa for, I think, c19k thi summer, so allowing for his margin there's some room on that one too.

Buy on condition, but make sure you can live with the colour, whatever you chose.

And enjoy the hunt! ;)

nobby
29-10-2010, 03:56 PM
if you want to go 'anal' it could be also described or referred to as Honda's Nighthawk Black as per the ATR colour :) (but no doubt you will correct me on this too!)

I used the term 'black' to reference the 1st picture quickly

SMART ASS! ;)

Midnight Purple?

nobby
29-10-2010, 04:05 PM
+1

Justin is correct, when the sun hits 'MIDNIGHT PURPLE' the car changes colour pretty heavily so be prepared for that

Do not be put off by the Yellow or 'INDY YELLOW', i was very dubious about yellow on a car, BUT when i saw an NSX in yellow I was amazed at how well it looks in this colour. so much so I bought my NSX in Yellow :eek:

Both colours are a bit of a mare to keep right and if there is any bodywork to be done, be very careful as you could become unstuck in trying to match these colours. They are NOT easy and I am finding out the hard way with the yellow colour.

But dont let his put you off, 2 very nice colours in the NSX range.

Buy on condition, but make sure you can live with the colour, whatever you chose.

And enjoy the hunt! ;)

markc
29-10-2010, 07:23 PM
the black car has been discussed heavily with regards to pricing etc as most of us know how much this car originally sold for.

put it like this, there is LOTs of room for negotiation on the price, so dont be afraid to bargain if you are interested. as Sudesh pointed out there is threads relating to this car.

I last saw this car when it was in the hands of its previous owner where it wanted for nothing maintenance wise and was in truly outstanding condition.

IMHO it's a great colour combination particularly if you want a Targa. Ohh and its a bargain at the advertised price.

Cheers

Mark

Justin
29-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Ohh and its a bargain at the advertised price.

Cheers

Mark

It is a good price. Have a trawl of t'internet Greg, and nsxprime where there's a broader population of pictured cars, to get an idea of that colour in different lights. Some folks love it, some folks don't.

This was the previous owner's pride and joy, and buying from a dealer is a bonus re facilities and protections. If my personal taste had accommodated this colour, I'd prolly have snapped it up long ago :)

AR
29-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Was that the purple one that got 261 BHP at the rolling road? :)

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=26

britlude
29-10-2010, 09:17 PM
"I currently drive a Renault Avantime"

OMG... My dad has just got an Avantime!!!

NSX 2000
29-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Was that the purple one that got 261 BHP at the rolling road? :)

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=26

If this is that car I remember BlueNSX leaving the building in near tears :laugh:

But he did then spend a load of money getting it back into shape.

Paul

DAVEMAT
29-10-2010, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=nobby;78088]+1

Do not be put off by the Yellow or 'INDY YELLOW', i was very dubious about yellow on a car, BUT when i saw an NSX in yellow I was amazed at how well it looks in this colour. so much so I bought my NSX in Yellow :eek:

Both colours are a bit of a mare to keep right and if there is any bodywork to be done, be very careful as you could become unstuck in trying to match these colours. They are NOT easy and I am finding out the hard way with the yellow colour.
[ QUOTE]

Quite right, that's how I ended up getting a full re-spray, but still the best colour IMO, that's why I pick up my 2nd yellow car next Fri, can't wait to get home

NZNick
30-10-2010, 04:50 AM
The midnight purple targa was at a garage in Guildford - while I was back in the UK in early summer I sat in it and had a look, but didn't drive it due to time constraints. I thought that it had been sold, as it disappeared from the garage's website a month or two ago, but looking at the phone number in the ad that is in post #1, it is still with the same outfit. I thought that it looked really neat and in good cosmetic condition, but didn't have time to look closer at the mechanical side of it. I would love to buy it (especially if it had an all black interior), but it is quite difficult from 12,000 miles away !! I think that the price is reasonable, seeing that almost all manual NSX seem to be selling for more than they did 30 months ago, when I started looking.

When I'm next in the UK for an extended period, my mission is to find the right NSX to bring over here. The NZ market is non-existent, and all manual Australian NSX (all 10 of them !!) are very pricey - almost on a par with Japan !!

muhnkee_2
30-10-2010, 12:24 PM
"I currently drive a Renault Avantime"

OMG... My dad has just got an Avantime!!!

Hey britlude,
I am sure your dad will love his avantime, make sure he joins the owners forum
http://www.avantime-owners.com/forum/
its a really friendly active place, thanks to the fact that there are only 400 avantimes in the uk, the forum has answers to almost every query relating to the car...
Which model did he get? I have the 3litre v6 automatic, with all the options, its a great car for long distance trips and cruising, and its a real head turner, people either love them or hate them, there is no middle ground!

here is a picture of one the same as mine...

muhnkee_2
30-10-2010, 12:28 PM
thanks for all your input guys, its really appreciated!

now i just have to win my wife over, i was hoping to get one before christmas, but it appears she/we have different priorities!!

i will keep chipping away at her!

and dont worry, the indy yellow looks like just the car for me, i aint no shrinking violet!

btw, NZNick, i am originally from Nelson, so if you want to buy one and leave it with me i will gladly babysit for you!

nakamichi
30-10-2010, 01:25 PM
thanks for all your input guys, its really appreciated!

now i just have to win my wife over, i was hoping to get one before christmas, but it appears she/we have different priorities!!

i will keep chipping away at her!

You will have a hard job convincing any woman that spending 23k on a 15 year old car is a good idea.
I am reminded almost daily about what a waste of money my car is !!:)

britlude
30-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey britlude,
I am sure your dad will love his avantime, make sure he joins the owners forum
http://www.avantime-owners.com/forum/
its a really friendly active place, thanks to the fact that there are only 400 avantimes in the uk, the forum has answers to almost every query relating to the car...
Which model did he get? I have the 3litre v6 automatic, with all the options, its a great car for long distance trips and cruising, and its a real head turner, people either love them or hate them, there is no middle ground!

here is a picture of one the same as mine...

hi Muhnkee... yup he's on there already, 3ltr auto black/purple, with LPG, i think he pointed you towards the nsx rather than the GTA??? :) Anyway, welcome to potential nsx ownership, they are easier to work on than the Avantime, well my NA1 certainly is!!!!!!

havoc
31-10-2010, 09:08 PM
The car looks absolutely STUNNING in Indy Yellow - took mine to the PH Sunday Service a fortnight ago and she got as much attention as the Lambos and GT3s!

That said, there are occasions where you don't want to be driving a neon-sign of a supercar - you are ALWAYS very visible to everyone around and have to make sure you drive accordingly.

jpspringall
10-11-2010, 01:35 PM
You will have a hard job convincing any woman that spending 23k on a 15 year old car is a good idea.
I am reminded almost daily about what a waste of money my car is !!:)

In thta case i must me damn lucky... My partner moans if we dont take the NSX, on the down side she's started moaning about the fact that she's not allowed to drive it.

James

Justin
10-11-2010, 03:18 PM
After a few days on Higland roads, my better half is convinced that the NSX is a better holiday car than Orca the 7 Series. Dunno how, dunno why, but I'm not arguing :D

jpspringall
10-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Only complaint mine has is there is no vanity mirror in her sun visor.

Needless to say this comment was duly ignored

Sudesh
10-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Only complaint mine has is there is no vanity mirror in her sun visor.

Needless to say this comment was duly ignored

There was a vanity mirror in NSX's up until a certain year, but I cant remember 100% what year. Think between 1991 and 1996 anyway, there was a vanity mirror, almost sure targa cars dont have one from production start to finish.

Justin
10-11-2010, 08:53 PM
There was a vanity mirror in NSX's up until a certain year, but I cant remember 100% what year. Think between 1991 and 1996 anyway, there was a vanity mirror, almost sure targa cars dont have one from production start to finish.

Well they're still in the '97 NA2s... pain in the face :no:

Sudesh
10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Well they're still in the '97 NA2s... pain in the face :no:

Ah nice to know that!

Need to investigate further into the years now lol. Pretty sure facelift cars dont have a mirror but maybe the 02+ guys can let us know.

Boomin33
28-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Unless my memory is fading. The purple one was up for £18K down in Dorset last Spring. I Called and he said he had someone coming down the next day. I told him that if the guy didn't take it, I'd pay £17K without viewing ( Senniha had told me it was a keeper ) . The dealer in Guildford bought it. Not sure what he paid.

I saw him put it up about 3 months back; called and said I'd pay him what he paid + a small service charge ( think I offered a grand ).

He started on about "all the interest he's had" I told him to call me if he wanted to come back with a price more reasonable then the £5K or so he was looking to profit on it.

The previous owner took meticulous care of the car. spent weeks giving the paint a perfect rub to restore it to showroom condition. From what I heard, it was a labour of love for him. It went to his daughter when he passed and she kept it for a year.

It would be a really good one if you could get it.
.... but having hung onto it this long - the dealer will definitely feel it owes him more now and in fairness doubt he'll negotiate a lot.

NZNick
30-11-2010, 03:55 AM
Looks like the midnight purple car has been sold - it has been removed from the carandclassic website (http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C153087/). Wonder who bought it and at what price?;)

avcrx
17-05-2011, 03:34 AM
wondering if you guys have any info about the yellow one? or whoever have a look on it? as I refer to the link of the discussion about the car is no longer working...