PDA

View Full Version : Project NSX-R

Lankstarr
23-10-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm making a few changes to my NSX and would like to document them here, hopefully with links to parts I'm using so that it makes it easy for anyone wanting to do the same mods. Hopefully people will chip in with bits they have researched and sourced to form a comprehensive R list of parts which people can easily refer to if required. EDIT - been called away so will just put a skeleton plan here and add to it later...

Project NSX-LankstaRR

Bonnet
I opted for a Procar bonnet as it was the only one that ensured a great fit. It's costly, but I managed to pick one up second hand.

There's also a scoop that goes in this bonnet which IMO finishes off the look, many thanks to Paul (Senninha for helping source this missing part)

Total cost of second hand bonnet, sprayed and fitted = £2,300
If you want a new one contact is through the Procar vendor section.

Spoiler
Not sourced

Wheels
Again thanks to Paul for his efforts here; Paul researched and provided me with the correct R gunmetal colour to have the wheels painted and got some red Hs made up for me. I'll post more details on this when I have them and hopefully a link to the supplier of the red Hs.

Seats
I managed to source Recaros from Ary, again I'll need some help with input for a link to the source.

Steering wheel
Wheel
Hub

Gaiter
SOS

Badges
Honda 27.14 each

Exhaust
Tubi
Zero Drone

Cats
Decat pipes
High flow cats SOS

Paintwork
Berlina black respray
Wrap

RESULTS
Pictures in subsequent threads...

Lankstarr
23-10-2010, 06:33 AM
The bonnet is a great fit and has totally transformed the car.

Much debate was had over whether to wrap or spray the roof but IMO the wrap just isn't shiny enough!

Lankstarr
23-10-2010, 06:35 AM
That's a straw man and some pics done... hopefully I'll have more time to turn this into a useful thread once the links and parts sources are available.

Cheers,

Luke

Hagasan
23-10-2010, 09:24 AM
The bonnet is a great fit and has totally transformed the car.

Much debate was had over whether to wrap or spray the roof but IMO the wrap just isn't shiny enough!

Looks good Luke but you need to get it off those stilts now......needs slamming like Steve's car :D Seriously though, when I first saw Steve's car I thought it was a bit low (remember in the pub car park) but seeing it on the move it looks great. I think yours would look better with the same, or near, height reduction. Should make it even easier for your 7ft frame to get in & out-not! At some point I'll lower mine too but like Steve, I won't have too much bother crouching down to get in;)

Gary

Lankstarr
23-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Driveway only has 10mm clearance so not going to happen!

NoelWatson
23-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Cats
Decat pipes
High flow cats SOS

be interested to see how you get on with the CEL, as our still comes on even with O2 shrouds. we saw your car at Dunsfold a few weeks back.

Lankstarr
23-10-2010, 11:57 AM
I've never had a problem with the O2 sensors... previous and this car don't flag up any errors when the sensors are plugged straight into the decat pipes.

AR
23-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Shamone MF hee hee

TheSebringOne
26-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Looking good Luke. I think a black or bare black carbon look rear spoiler would be tasty.

Sudesh
26-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Looks fantastic! Love the black roof on 02+ cars.

Lankstarr
27-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Was in two minds about colour of the rear spoiler but am going to go with black to follow through from teh rest of the car.

I think if you want exposed CF it needs to be on all of the bits.

Cheers for the positive comments,

Luke

havoc
27-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Agreed on the spoiler - one of the things I like best about mine is the black centre-section.

AR
27-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Luke for the weight difference might as well go with FRP in berlina.

jaytip
27-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Looks fantastic! Love the black roof on 02+ cars.
A good example of how one mans meat is another mans poison.While it's obviously a personal thing,i think this looks much better.

Lankstarr
28-10-2010, 09:50 PM
This isn't the place for mine looks better than yours posts Ivor ;-P