PDA

View Full Version : Brake Discs

Flinty
07-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Bejeesus, these are proving expensive !!

Anyone have a pair of new, (or part worn but good condition) Rear Discs for a 1996 car that i could purchase? Partco can get em for just under £300 EACH. Dread to think what HUK will charge.
Front discs also gratefully accepted - can collect.....

Anyone have any good ideas for suppliers ? At this price, the projected price for an AP Racing kit looks good value !!!

Cheers

Flinty

Greybloke
07-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Jeremy

Try these:

http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/

£26.44 each :D

I've never used them but they look credible?

Flinty
07-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Thanks Nick.

There must be a catch - but for that price, it's intriguing. Front and back vented/drilled discs are about £60 each. They are outa stock, but i will await the e-mail back.

I'm not keen to mess about with inferior brake prod's, but even if they're not as good as HUK parts, it's worth a try at that price. Will keep the original parts handy just in case.

Anyone tried these guys before ?

blue5
07-11-2005, 06:41 PM
I have not needed to change mine yet but when/ if i do i will getb them from Ralley Design, www.raldes.co.uk do them. I have used them for my race car brakes in the past and the products i used worked well.

What i liked is that the parts are branded so you know where they are from.

Which reminds me i need to send Duncan some part numbers!!

modarr
07-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Second that.

I use Rally Design discs and pads sometimes, around £100 a pair.

As long as you're not tracking the car they will as good as originals.

Flinty
11-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the tips - may well go to RalDes.

You mention branded parts from Raldes- they only seem to do 'MaxTorq' - who ever they are and Wilwood (i know who they are). Which one's have you guys used in the past ?

Looking at the MaxTorq- they are reasonably priced - any tips on going for Drilled (look nice) or grooved and drilled (look nice & supposedly the best for track). Or should i stick to plain old shiny steel ?

Thanks again for tips.

Flinty

Kevin
11-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Drilled is not recommended on the track. Slotted is fine.

Flinty
12-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the tips.

Decided to opt for Black Diamond grooved (and drilled) discs. I don't do regular track work, so went for the best looking disc (sad i know) whilst following performance recommendation on this forum. They look excellent.

Replaced all four discs, new pads and had the calipers cleaned and re-painted black with white NSX lettering. Parts £368 discs and @£70 OE pads from Partco, with labour to fit £249 - local trusted garage.

Breaking performance not yet properly assessed until they're run in, but initial signs are good - immediately have more 'every day' stopping power and soooo nice not to have the wobble under hard breaking. Yep i warped em on one of those late summer leisurely drives.

I accept humbly, not quite up to the AP Racing kit posted on this site....!

If anyone's on a budget and considering new discs without spending serious money, I recommend the BD option. Certainly more cost effective than HondaUK.

Flinty

simonprelude
13-12-2005, 10:08 AM
I am considering the black diamond option also.

The Honda discs are warped and I have black diamond on the Prelude.

Have got some type R pads though, not sure whether to use them or not ??

ctrlaltdelboy
16-12-2005, 04:23 PM
I use Black Diamond - I'm on my second set on the NSX

details as posted in another thread here (http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=860&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=19)

david_f
03-02-2006, 12:38 PM
I have a set of nearly new OE discs for sale (front and rear). I also have OE calipers available. Discs and calipers are up for £75 each, per corner (£499 the lot).

Cheers, David.