PDA

View Full Version : Why Prime

AR
18-10-2010, 11:53 PM
I like NSX Prime and is a great resourse, but why so many UK members post there and not here?

Is not like we are idiots overhere!

nakamichi
19-10-2010, 06:11 AM
A lot more members and a wider variety of views.There are only a handful of regular posters on here and it sometimes comes across as a bit cliquey.
It is far easier to find an answer to a query on Prime due to the huge number of posts and threads.

NSX 2000
19-10-2010, 08:25 AM
I like NSX Prime and is a great resourse, but why so many UK members post there and not here?

Is not like we are idiots overhere!

I'll also add that they don't have Kaz and Sudesh

nobby
19-10-2010, 09:18 AM
I always use this site before using Prime! Did not realize people here were using it more.

Very true, Prime does not have Kaz or Sudesh. So thumbs up to them for their fabulous posts/threads

Never knew this forum to be cliquey either!

nakamichi
19-10-2010, 10:12 AM
I always use this site before using Prime! Did not realize people here were using it more.

Very true, Prime does not have Kaz or Sudesh. So thumbs up to them for their fabulous posts/threads

Never knew this forum to be cliquey either!
Didn't mean that in the way it sounds.What I mean't is that it is obvious that a few of the posters know each other personally and it can make others not "in the know" feel a bit excluded.

Sudesh
19-10-2010, 10:56 AM
I dont know any of the UK owners personally! lol

I do know the N.I/ireland owners fairly well, but most dont post on here that often and one or two dont post on here at all lol

Prime has LarryB, BrianK, goldnsx [who also post's here] and plenty of other very very experienced NSX gurus.

I use NSXCB allot more.

Rob_Fenn
19-10-2010, 11:31 AM
To be fair, the Prime forum is very active... this barely moves in comparison!

AR
19-10-2010, 11:50 AM
If people post there instead of here because is quiet here it only makes this even quieter.

nobby
19-10-2010, 12:34 PM
VERY TRUE!

Just wish people would use this valuable resource more! When looking for an NSX this was the first and dare I say ONLY place I used for information

apologies in advance re the NI chatter/appearance of a cliques ;) ... there is so FEW of us over here, and until i bought an NSX I had never heard of Sudesh. :eek: The likes of Justin etc (who i met at a car meet with my NSX) are all new to me too, so good to network as much as possible. Also very happy to meet owners all over the place ... remember we have all one thing in common ... a LOVE for these CARS!

If people post there instead of here because is quiet here it only makes this even quieter.

nigel
19-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Just remember we have the one and only "Kaz" here.
Prime does have some really smart guys, (Larry Bastanza, etc..) with lots of experience but i've yet to see anyone that's near the level of Kaz with his in depth knowledge, descriptions w/photos and always making time in his schedule of NSX sorting to help all with even the smallest of problems!
As a member of Prime and NSXCB, both are great resources when used together.
I'm just grateful both are here for us to utilize and we in this small community should support both.

Cheers
nigel

Nick Graves
19-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Personally, I find Prime a bit unwieldy, although a great source of info, no doubt.

Not to deny that Kaz & Sudesh will jump in here with good information as the slightest ask, which is very much appreciated.

Think of it like a pub table; much beyond half-a-doz or so people, it gets difficult to have a general conversation & it does tend to split into separate ones.

In the same way, I tend to stick to the UK section of S2Ki. No disresect to the US; it was just one board once.

S2Ki is also criticised as cliquey, although it has FAR more active posters. You can't win.

goldnsx
19-10-2010, 05:25 PM
nsxprime has changed quite a little bit over the last two or three years (just an example: people going turbo :rolleyes:). In the meanwhile I prefer the smaller groups but don't post that much as before (getting older?). Both forums have experienced DIYers. The best thing about prime is the old FAQ section. ;)

havoc
20-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Personally, I find Prime a bit unwieldy, although a great source of info, no doubt.

Not to deny that Kaz & Sudesh will jump in here with good information as the slightest ask, which is very much appreciated.

Think of it like a pub table; much beyond half-a-doz or so people, it gets difficult to have a general conversation & it does tend to split into separate ones.

In the same way, I tend to stick to the UK section of S2Ki. No disresect to the US; it was just one board once.

S2Ki is also criticised as cliquey, although it has FAR more active posters. You can't win.

Agree with all of this. I've only used Prime as a 'search engine' so far - there's enough people and information here for me! :D

TheSebringOne
26-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Prime is a great source of info,but I wouldnt post. I much prefer our own ickle club without sounding exclusive or cliquey.