PDA

View Full Version : Have prices/values risen alot

jammy84
10-10-2010, 05:59 PM
I was looking at nsxs a year ago NA2s for £30-40k but now they are ALL 40k

I am looking for an NA2 but dont want to part with 40k

do you agree that the prices have gone up?

AR
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM

If by NA2 you mean facelifted, it seems everyone that pops up for sale goes abroad and is just supply and demand.

All over NSX prices have risen.

If you want the look of the 02 plus then get a clean 3.0 and do the conversion. It will run around 8 to 10K to do right.

Cheers,

AR

Papalazarou
10-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I have an 02 facelift/36K miles and really want to believe that it's worth £40K, but in reality mid thirties seem more accurate. The blue 02 facelift/8K miles which pops up on the classified from time would be worth around £40K IMO, but supply is low and as Ary pointed out, a number of facelift cars have gone to HK which is where my last car went.
These cars are like buses though, you don't see any for months then you see four of five at once.
I think however the peak of NSX's in the classified has come and gone. When I started looking sometimes there were as many as 20 cars for sale. These days, as you are no doubt aware, there are usually no more than seven or eight cars, many will be pre facelift.

Good luck and happy hunting. On a happier note, the fact that these cars are so hard to track down says a lot about owner satisfaction exclusivity.

Cheers,

James.

NSX 2000
11-10-2010, 09:19 PM

As others have said there is more to this than meets the eye, due to the week pound our cars have become a viable option for the far east market, and I understand they're not just intrested in NSX's but Petrol BMW X5's are very sort after as well.

Paul

Boomin33
18-10-2010, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=Papalazarou;77492] supply is low and as Ary pointed out, a number of facelift cars have gone to HK which is where my last car went. QUOTE]

- I didn't know that NA2's have been leaving the country; Any estimates of how many in the UK now?

Nick Graves
19-10-2010, 03:04 PM
:D

Too true.

The other point is that a lot of remaining cars are in safe hands & many would only surrender ownership at gunpoint, probably.

There will always be some circulation, but it will reduce as time passes. It's not really a new car someone would buy on a whim/fancy, as they might with a Cayman or whatever.

Senninha
19-10-2010, 11:07 PM
:D

.......The other point is that a lot of remaining cars are in safe hands & many would only surrender ownership at gunpoint, probably.........

Or if one or two select cars came onto the market with which to replace their current NSX ....

TheSebringOne
26-10-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm in Hong Kong at the moment and having seen what bog standard second hand cars sell for, then an NSX could command double the UK price here if low miles and excellant condition.

Lankstarr
27-10-2010, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=Papalazarou;77492] supply is low and as Ary pointed out, a number of facelift cars have gone to HK which is where my last car went. QUOTE]

- I didn't know that NA2's have been leaving the country; Any estimates of how many in the UK now?

I know of about 5... and that's just over the last 2 years. Given teh ones I don't know about and ones that disappeared before this it could be as many as 20 (pure speculation).

That late low mileage facelift wasn;t advertised for long and would fetch close to £100k abroad I guess... did it leave our lowly low priced shores?

L*