PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on here bought N20 NSX?

nobby
29-09-2010, 07:30 PM
the silver coupe from Tom @ Bristol Motor Company?

Setanta
30-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I am curious too. Despite "no offers" I saw that it dropped in price.

Had made inquiries on it but he did not seem interested in selling it so I did not go further.

Nick Graves
30-09-2010, 07:43 PM
I tried, before I bought Matt's.

I think he didn't really want to sell it, or something.

Never thought I'd call a trader a timewaster! Actually, he wasn't that, but he never got back to me, though the car was advertised for ages after.

A guy from Ireland was supposed to be coming over with the dough, but I only elicited that after he vacillated over a meeting, saying he didn't drive it in the rain and all sorts of stuff. Something just didn't ring true.

Bad case of seller's remorse probably.

PS; did anyone here buy the LBBP that I presume finally sold, since its floormats are up for sale on here?

Sudesh
30-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Guy from Ireland! Was that you Andrew lol

Funny that you guys mention your experiences with the seller, when Andrew was looking to buy an NSX I also spoke to the guy and lets just say.......his response was enough to put me off buying the car. Its costs nothing to be nice!!

Setanta
30-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Well, given that others have been more open than I, let me say that I agree with all of the above and would not have bought from him...at any price.

nobby
30-09-2010, 08:10 PM
could have been me! :eek:

Tom was happy enough to sell at the time I looked at the car and it would have been sold ages ago to me if he would have just played ball and was open to negotiation. he simply would NOT move on price or offer any discount/luck penny at all. I then was not in a position to purchase after that. Then a few months he dropped his price by 1k and still no takers :no:

he was very open and honest with me when i viewed the car but it was pointless trying to deal with him because he just did not want to hear offers of any description. I must admit he was not rushing to sell the car either, perhaps he has just decided to keep it afterall

Guy from Ireland! Was that you Andrew lol

Funny that you guys mention your experiences with the seller, when Andrew was looking to buy an NSX I also spoke to the guy and lets just say.......his response was enough to put me off buying the car. Its costs nothing to be nice!!

Justin
30-09-2010, 11:38 PM
His dealership seemed confused as to whether it was still for sale when I enquired (shortly after the ads ended); the lady in sales had to go away and check, then reported it was no longer available.

Stuart
01-10-2010, 12:02 AM
I had a look at it before buying Lankstarr's 3.2 when it was on for £21,990 (I think). I think that was a reasonably fair price for the car - a bit toppy maybe but it drove well, was a good colour combination/mileage and history.

Just because someone will not take offers does not make it a bad car or price.

I probably had an hour with him and a long chat. I think the long and short of it is he's torn between selling or not. It's clear he doesn't need to but goes through the same should I/shouldn't I process we all do from time to time with cars. I suspect with each test drive he decides to keep for a bit longer.

If anyone does buy it let me know as I'm in Bristol too.

Cheers

AR
01-10-2010, 06:53 AM
It's clear he doesn't need to but goes through the same should I/shouldn't I process we all do from time to time with cars. I suspect with each test drive he decides to keep for a bit longer.

Sounds a lot like me lol.

nobby
01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi Stuart

I went to see the car at 20,990 and when i met him he was a gentleman, and I agree with what you said; he was not 100% about selling it but more of a case he did not want to see the car wasting away in his garage. He said its a car to be driven and he wanted that and he wanted it to go to a good owner too. If i HAD given him the exact amount at that time we would NOThave been having this discussion the car would have been bought and now owned by me ... but i honestly was looking a bit of 'help' with the purchase.

I had shown my sincere INTEREST in the car by taking time off and flying over to Bristol to view the car and make an offer; and I WAS NOT taking the mick either. Put it like this I even went to 20900 and he would not budge. :( I explained to him about having to fly over again to collect, get boat etc ... but nothing at all ... I was gobsmacked :no: However, both of us were very amicable to each other. He had his reasons and he told me them and I have to respect that. He also was very patient etc with me throughout my dealings with him so on a personal level I found him OK ... just infuriating on other aspects. And I can see how he would rub others the wrong way. Because i was SO KEEN on the car I was liley to give him a wide berth anyways :)

The car was a very good example and ticked every box for me bar the colour but this was minor issue due to history of car, how it drove etc etc. It was a tidy example for sure and whoever has it has got a nice motor. At the same time i would not be surprised if he has decided to keep it. I was even more amazed he dropped the price to 19990 in recent times ... there was NO chance of him doing that when i spoke to him :eek:

the car is his own PERSONAL car nothing to do with the business so it was not surprising those people working there knew little or nothing about it. I viewed the car at his d'ship as he had brought it there for me to view. He had his price and by God he stuck to it... this was the decsion he took. we could debate this all day long on the merits of this stance, unfortuantely it did not work out for me with this car but in a way i felt my hand was forced and circumstances changed later for me that i was also not able to push on with the purchase.

I have to admit some interesting posts re this ... and i understand were everyone is coming from on this.

regards

I probably had an hour with him and a long chat. I think the long and short of it is he's torn between selling or not. It's clear he doesn't need to but goes through the same should I/shouldn't I process we all do from time to time with cars. I suspect with each test drive he decides to keep for a bit longer.

If anyone does buy it let me know as I'm in Bristol too.

Cheers

nobby
01-10-2010, 10:19 AM
see my post above mate re the dealership and their understandings of this car

did you get a chance to look at that 94 in yellow that is up for auction soon? ... its a uk spec car manual with a good history. looks pretty clean too

could be what you are looking for. :)

His dealership seemed confused as to whether it was still for sale when I enquired (shortly after the ads ended); the lady in sales had to go away and check, then reported it was no longer available.