PDA

View Full Version : Ary's ZD Exhaust

Dragonlady
28-09-2010, 09:26 PM
We went down to Ary's on Saturday to go and have a look at the new exhaust he has been developing.
Whilst we were there Ary let us listen to the exhaust both when giving it some beans and at cruising speed. We were impressed to say the least, at 50-60mph in fifth gear the system was as quiet as OEM, but when in a lower gear and the revs climbing, the sound was not tinny but complimented the cars performance, loud enough to be heard but by no means 'chavy'.
I would highly recommend if anybody is looking for a new system to consider this first.
Thanks to Ary and his wife for all their hospitality.
We will be in touch soon.

Regards Ian and Sharon

AR
29-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Thank you very much for stopping by you are most welcome at our house anytime.

Thanks for the review I am thrilled that I managed to achieve my goal of creating an exhaust that compliments the NSX.

Cheers,

AR

nobby
29-09-2010, 09:26 AM
FFS! :eek: :)

why did you not have this done a couple of months ago! :(

Thank you very much for stopping by you are most welcome at our house anytime.

Thanks for the review I am thrilled that I managed to achieve my goal of creating an exhaust that compliments the NSX.

Cheers,

AR

AR
29-09-2010, 10:38 AM
FFS! :eek: :)

why did you not have this done a couple of months ago! :(

Hi mate with my business and my wife's health at the time I just did not get any time to concentrate on this project.

But is here now :)

nobby
29-09-2010, 11:41 AM
NOT getting at you personally mate! :)

just GUTTED its took its time to surface as i was in the market for new exhaust ... and would love to support your efforts on these forums

:(

Hi mate with my business and my wife's health at the time I just did not get any time to concentrate on this project.

But is here now :)

AR
29-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I knew that mate and thanks for that. I also wished I could have done them a few months ago and save some members from droning headaches. :)

Papalazarou
05-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Went to Ary's on Saturday to view the new system and here are my thoughts.
First of all, from a passengers perspective it has absolutely no drone. This has got to be a big plus as even the better after Market systems have some drone within a certain rev range. For tubi for example there is a bit of a drone at 2.5K on open throttle. Easy to avoid, but it simply should 't be there.
Anyway, back to the system in question. It's really quiet at low throttle input giving a nice clean sound as the revs pile on. There was no boom at any rev point.
From outside it sounds quite throaty with a nice pitch on a trailing throttle.
Driveby in top at low throttle input was super quiet.
Buildwise, it shames systems costing twice as much.
I would definitely consider this if I hadn't bought the tubi at the start of the year.

Cheers,

James.

AR
05-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Many thanks for the review James, I am glad you liked it and compare it so favourably to higher priced units.

Cheers,

AR

Silver Surfer
09-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Another support for Ary's ZD exhaust! :thumbsup:

There was no booming in the cabin when accelerating. Good sound from outside.

Love the ZAZ R-GT!!

SS

AR
09-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks a lot Kare. :)

Did you get the e-mail?

Cheers,

AR

AR
09-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Love the ZAZ R-GT!!

SS

Is looking for a good home and comes with a good pedigree. :)

Silver Surfer
09-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Part Xchange with a couple crates of beer? :laugh:

SS

Senninha
09-10-2010, 05:42 PM

SS

And the brakes work on the ZAZ R-GT ;)

AR
09-10-2010, 05:44 PM
And the brakes work on the ZAZ R-GT ;)

Yes since the last time I took James out I have new OEM rotors, fresh fluid and Mus all around. :)

AR
09-10-2010, 05:46 PM

SS

http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/14665-bigthumbnail.jpg

Sudesh
23-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Well I got to see and hear Arys exhaust today! I'm more than impressed with the whole thing, looks and sounds amazing, love the tip choice Shane went with too.

AR
23-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Glad you like it Sudesh, you should see the next one with the 02 plus tips. :)

nobby
23-10-2010, 06:08 PM
+1

Superb work Ary!!!!

Really impressive, thought it was the mutz nutz! Really like the note on induction and it is nicely balanced sounding too.

May consider one of these for sure, but defo not know till next year. Still things to sort out on the car 1st!

Very well done; and hope those looking an exhaust support all your hard work

Well I got to see and hear Arys exhaust today! I'm more than impressed with the whole thing, looks and sounds amazing, love the tip choice Shane went with too.

rsevo6
26-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Would like to give a positive feedback on the ZD exhaust and the way AR handled the ordering/shipping.
I am very positive on the manner that Ary has supplied info on the exhaust, worked with me to have it installed with extra O2 bung and the speedy manner that all this and the shipping has been done.
Regrettably the exhaust arrived with small damage to the endtips :( and not being able to pinpoint the shipper as having caused this (as the box wasn't damaged), Ary has remidied this in a good manner.

Fit and finish are very good.

Only testdrove the car for a small distance, but sound seems quite nice, perhaps even a bit too quiet on acceleration :rolleyes::).
As this was only a short drive and also as most exhausts tend to get a little louder over time, will have to wait and see.
All in all, first impressions are very good.

A big thanks to Ary for making this exhaust available and for the way that he has handled things.

AR
26-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Many thanks mate I am really glad that you like it and is finally on.

Cheers,

AR

Silver Surfer
27-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Mine is finally on and the the Larini is sold to Italy.
ZD is indeed ZD as I can now talk without shouting on my handsfree when making progress.
Top exhaust Ary...Cheers!

SS

AR
27-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Many thanks to you Kare I am really glad you like it. :)

modarr
14-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Hi Ary,
Sorry I've off the seen for ages, my NSX has been in bits for a year now awaiting SoS parts for an engine build. Going for the full works on the internals and a Laminova intercooler. How do you think your exhaust would cope with a high power engine? I need it to be track day compliant and don't run cats.
What's the price please?
Thanks
MO

AR
14-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Hi Mo sorry to hear about your car taking this long, at least it will be that much more fun when is done. :)

Mo the ZD exhaust is build to withstand SC applications and is built tough. It flows quite well yet is quiet enough.

I supposed that it would depend on the track DB but is not a "Loud" exhaust.

Cheers,

Ary

AR
17-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi Mo PM replied to. :)

Cheers,

AR

Dave J
17-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I've got an AR ZD exhaust on my NSX (well Ari's old NSX) and i tried a different one today just to see how it would sound. It's another of his mad creations and possibly the maddest exhaust i've ever had and i've had a few!!
The ZD exhaust is going back on when my lad is back on Monday needless to say as it sounds great and is an absolute pleasure to drive :)
Dave.