PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever shipped Wheels over from US?

JQD84983
19-09-2010, 09:28 PM
With all the experience of you guys on here buying parts etc. from the good old US of A has anyone ever shipped a set of wheels across? I was wondering what sort of cost was involved for 4 wheels and tyres.

I have a contact to ship too in US its the getting them back to England that is the stumbling block.

Cheers

John

AR
20-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Paul S2 has as well as a few others. Main hurdles are shipping and the taxes.

NSXGB
20-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Kinda obvious but do you have to ship the tyres? Leaving them out of the equation would save a lot of weight.

NSX 2000
20-09-2010, 09:11 AM
I had a set sent over at the begining of this year. It's fairly easy to do IIRC, you can either get UPS to collect them or take them to a UPS shop, (these are fairly common in any US town). Just make sure they are packed well, mine came in four boxes (one for each wheel), each wrapped in loads of paper then in a cardboard box.

If you get them to write "zero value, being returned after warranty repair work" then you may get away with being charged tax. Or you can use my business address and I'll see if I can get the tax back, but can't promise anything.

HTH

Paul

JQD84983
20-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks Guys.

I could ditch the tyres but the seller on Prime says they are nearly new?

Paul - I also thought UPS but didn't price them individually and it looked a fortune for 4 at once.

TBH it is a hassle I think I can do without it was just a thought as my parents are in Florida for the next month and could sort it out but its a bit of a hassle with me being away.

I will sleep on it

Cheers

John

goldnsx
20-09-2010, 08:48 PM
I'd ditch the tires and send the wheels in two parcels with USPS. UPS is £££. Do the tires have an E-sign on them? If no then you can't use them legally here in good old Europe.