PDA

View Full Version : TCS light stays off!

Paul G
17-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Well after over a year putting up with the Green TCS coming on around 2500 RPM and cutting the power, even under normal driving, it's finally sorted....

I have replaced two ABS sensors, and a new relay, but no joy. Today I treated the car with two new rear tyres (old tyres were worn and very old..Thanks Kaz!) I dorve the 50 mile trip home and not once could I get the TCS light on, what a result!! smooth as silk.

My front tyres were new and rears very low on tread (legal, but low and very old) I saw Kaz at Japfest when he noticed I had a flat tyre and also mentioned that the difference between the front and rear tyres could well make the TCS kick in, all I can say is thanks, I should have repalced then damm tyres a few months back..still learning ;-)

Cheers
PG

Kaz-kzukNA1
18-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi, Paul G.

I’m glad you managed to replace the rear tyres.

When I drove your NSX, even I managed to re-create the same TCS Green light issue with ease so, although it may be too early to conclude, I think it was caused by the very old and worn out tyres on the rear and almost no wear at the front as in my report.

Now you can enjoy driving NSX before the winter and look into the points that I highlighted from this winter and over the next few years or so.

Looking forward to meeting you and your NSX + possibly your new car in the future. Quite interested to listen to your thought on the recent models against our NSX as I used to drive lots of old models from the same manufacture in the past.

Regards,
Kaz