PDA

View Full Version : Senna and NSX

Kevin
02-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Who thinks they can drive their NSX this fast then?

here (http://www.isaie.co.uk/movies/SennaNSX_5.wmv)

DamianW
02-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Always love watching that clip. Senna's use of the throttle mid corner goes totally against what any instructor would tell you, yet obviously worked for him, and was no different to what he did in an F1 car.

BTW, this clip was on a DVD that was made available to NSXCB members through this board sometime ago.

Martin
02-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Have you got any more information about the DVD, and if it is still available?

Cheers,
Martin

Greybloke
02-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Mr Cool or what :D even drives in loafers 8)

UltraViolet
03-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Hey Kevin...exelent driving, im impressed.U really got ur pedal to the metal!Wat was the highrst speed u went, i couldnt quite tell.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry khalid - you obviously missed the great, late Senna (name checked in the thread title). One of (arguably THE) greatest drivers ever.

It isn't Kevin in the video, though if I were him, I would be rather chuffed at the huge compliment he has just been paid!! :wink:

modarr
03-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Would that be a standard early 5speed 3.0 R that he's driving?

I don't know how an NSX can climb from an indicated 140 to 160 at the speed his car was accelerating. He was the best but even then I can't imagine a standard early Type R could top out that quickly and readily?

I'd love to get this on DVD if anyones knows where?

glenlewis
03-11-2005, 08:30 PM
O rite!Sorry i didnt realise.Do u think u can drive like that?

Dude - NO ONE can drive like that.

He was the greatest driver ever.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/senna/NSXSenna.jpg

Hehe someone asked me once if my car was an Honda Senna !! :):)

UltraViolet
04-11-2005, 11:28 AM
O rite!Sorry i didnt realise.Do u think u can drive like that?
:lol: Bless.

jaytip
04-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Would that be a standard early 5speed 3.0 R that he's driving?

I don't know how an NSX can climb from an indicated 140 to 160 at the speed his car was accelerating. He was the best but even then I can't imagine a standard early Type R could top out that quickly and readily?

I'd love to get this on DVD if anyones knows where?
Lets not forget that the NA-1 type R is a Japan only model,therefor the speedo would read in KPH not MPH.Then it starts to make sense.

mcibuk
07-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Senna was SIMPLY the BEST - still miss him!
Like the logo on the rear glass of your car glenlewis - would like to do the same instead of current 2 Mills logo which is well stuck to the glass now :x

Kevin
07-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah, no way that's me in the video...

I wouldn't be seen dead in aviators, and white socks.

Senninha
05-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Kevin,

Just revisited this for a quick Senna fix :) and thanx for posting!

I'm sure we'd all get it very wrong if any of us attempted such bullish footwork with the throttle. Its a shame there wasn't a chase car taking more footage as I'd love to know how often Senna lights up the rear tyres, into, through and out of each corner :shock:

Long live his memory

NSXGB
07-12-2005, 03:22 AM
....the clip I believe was from a DVD called 'Senna My Hero' and 'backups' were 'leant' out through this site....