PDA

View Full Version : Zero Drone™ NSX exhaust Group Buy

AR
01-09-2010, 09:21 PM
People I just posted my add on the For Sale section if you are interested let me know.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=245

Mods if this is not cool please let me know.

Cheers,

AR

m666 edd
01-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Sounds alright but I'd have to hear it in person.

Currently my exhaust is 102db on the static test on the shorter / louder bank. 98db with the insert in.

Do you have any idea what figures your exhaust gets and with what combo (like aftermarket exhaust manifolds or not).

Cheers

Ed

AR
01-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Well I can tell you that I have heard the same exhaust as yours in person ( taitec paralell ) and this is not as loud and sounds exotic as opposed to just LOUD.

Figures with my car would be pointless as my car is Supercharged and has headers. I can tell you that if you hear it in person, you will buy it. :)

Papalazarou
01-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Well done Ary,

Can't wait to hear it in person.

Cheers,

James

AR
01-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Well done Ary,

Can't wait to hear it in person.

Cheers,

James

Cheers James as a Tubi fan I know you will like the tone of this exhaust.

m666 edd
02-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Surely SC makes next to no difference to exhaust noise when under no loud. If it does your vids aren't a very good example of the proposed product for the majority of people. I'm not bashing I just want to get a better idea of the exhaust.

I wonder how it would sound with the decat pipes? :-)

Ed

AR
02-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi Ed,

The SC will add a a perceptible whine due to the gears etc and a cow gurgle induction at idle, but in my experience with a different exhaust with and without SC it will not make that much difference to sound.

The clips are with test pipes.

I am not that far from you...:)

m666 edd
02-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Oh I was hoping decating would make it louder. Sounds quiet on acceleration but I guess mine doesn't seem too loud inside either.

Mine currently runs with cats and aftermarket exhaust headers. Obviously the taitec exhaust is extremely loud with no cats. Were you comparing decat loudness with decat?

If you know what I mean :-)

We need to arrange a meet to see / hear this as video clips rarely sound correct.

AR
02-09-2010, 11:01 AM
I had a car here on the drive for a few months with that exhaust ( taitec para centre exit ) and decats and it was LOUD. Decat to decat ZD is higher pitch than Taitec and the main point it does not Drone.

A meet would be good, might try to get another F1 BBQ at mine.

Senninha
02-09-2010, 07:03 PM
.....A meet would be good, might try to get another F1 BBQ at mine.......

Well they're predicting an Indian Summer for September, so get the chef's hat on, barby fired up and we'll all pile round for a ZD demo ;)

Are you producing adaptors for 3.2, or is this an SOS job?

regards,

Paul

amo
02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
sweet cant wait mate could do with a newer zorst ill bring a deposit for 1 as theres a limited number

thx amo

AR
02-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Well they're predicting an Indian Summer for September, so get the chef's hat on, barby fired up and we'll all pile round for a ZD demo ;)

Are you producing adaptors for 3.2, or is this an SOS job?

regards,

Paul

Hi Paul I was meant to borrow a set from a fellow member but we both forgot the last time we met. In short, as soon as I have a set of adapter I will produce them.

Cheers,

AR

PS Working on a date for BBQ at the moment.

AR
02-09-2010, 08:53 PM
sweet cant wait mate could do with a newer zorst ill bring a deposit for 1 as theres a limited number

thx amo

Thanks mate I'll make it fit to your system.

Dragonlady
03-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Hi Ary,
Are you still going to be around on the 25th of this month? Would very much like to hear and see this in person.
Regards Ian

AR
03-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Ian almost 99% sure. :)

markc
03-09-2010, 10:20 AM
In short, as soon as I have a set of adapter I will produce them.

I thought you were fundamentally against the whole "knock off" thing ;)

Cheers

Mark

AR
03-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I thought you were fundamentally against the whole "knock off" thing ;)

Cheers

Mark

The only way to make the exhaust fit the cars and still be able to use OEM headers and cats is to use the same dimensions. Adapters, like test pipes are nothing extraordinary and you know that. I do have some tasty test pipes in the pipe line, but I'll leave the info out for now.

Not "knocking off" here.

I am soo glad I made this exhaust to MY specs as laid out on the other threads, and not a "knock off" like pretty much every other one out there.
I won't start naming names, but you know what I am about.

It was expected that it was not going to be a "field of dreams" moment, but at least I R&D and produced an NSX part without having to resort to copying it.

nobby
03-09-2010, 02:17 PM
well done mate, from the vid's its sounds really nice.

any pics?

the price is very very good

i am not in the position to purchase presently, although would have if i had not gone and purchased Mark's ex Dali Rice system, which i am delighted with.

Is this going to be a one off or will it be avialable down the line?

again, very well done. great to see NSX parts and not so ridiculous prices :)

AR
03-09-2010, 06:38 PM
well done mate, from the vid's its sounds really nice.

any pics?

the price is very very good

i am not in the position to purchase presently, although would have if i had not gone and purchased Mark's ex Dali Rice system, which i am delighted with.

Is this going to be a one off or will it be avialable down the line?

again, very well done. great to see NSX parts and not so ridiculous prices :)

Cheers nobby it wil be available down the line but as Stainless Steel prices going the way they are:

http://www.meps.co.uk/Stainless%20Prices.htm

The price might increase.

TheSebringOne
03-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Ary, congratulations on the final product as I have following this with interest. Like Nobby, please post some close up pictures. Thanks

AR
03-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks mate I will take some pictures next week when I take it off the car.

JQD84983
03-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Ary, congratulations on the final product as I have following this with interest. Like Nobby, please post some close up pictures. Thanks

Ary well done. Good work. For the initiated will this likely pass MOT noise regs or would we have to revert the original once a year?

I have always shied away from changing the exhaust as I did not want the drone at motorway speeds but this looks good.

AR
04-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Cheers JQD84983,

No problems according to a couple of local stations, when you listen to it at "fast idle" (2500 to 3000 rpm), or the speed they use for MOT exhaust test.

Plus you can use your OEM cats with it, so no need to swap out anything. :)

mutley
20-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Ary,

I have only just noticed this thread. I have to say that now I have had over 1000 miles with yout old "gruppe M" Style exhaust on my car, it is exactly what you say these ones are, noisy when I want it to be and at normal driving around, pretty quiet.

Jim

markc
20-09-2010, 01:04 PM
For the initiated will this likely pass MOT noise regs or would we have to revert the original once a year?

The MOT test rule (below) regarding this is VERY subjective and cars rarely fail regardless how noisy the exhaust fitted is. The rule is...

2. With the engine running

a. Check the exhaust system for leaks

Note: A durable repair to an exhaust system which effectively prevents leaks is acceptable providing the system is structurally sound

b. assess subjectively the effectiveness of the silencer in reducing exhaust noise to a level considered to be average for the vehicle.

Just think about some of the race and rally cars that have to be road registered and therefore MOT'd, how noisy are they!

Any failure is likely to depend on the mood of the individual MOT tester that day. If you fail just take it to an MOT station down the road and get your certificate :)

Cheers

Mark

Sudesh
21-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Really well done Ary! Sent you a PM and a member your direction. Like Andrew, if I hadn't of bought an RR, I would have gone with yours.

Like the rest, any pics of the exhaust off the car and pics on the car from different angles? Do you do a choice of tips?

AR
21-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Like the rest, any pics of the exhaust off the car and pics on the car from different angles? Do you do a choice of tips?

Thanks a lot Sudesh, I will take the exhaust off and take some good pictures on Friday.

I can do a several styles of tips.

Cheers,

Ary

Sudesh
21-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks a lot Sudesh, I will take the exhaust off and take some good pictures on Friday.

Cheers,

Ary

Sound good Ary! That should suit the other member perfect.

Dragonlady
21-09-2010, 07:22 PM

Cheers,

Ary

As long as it's back on for Saturday:)

Ian

Sudesh
21-09-2010, 07:25 PM
As long as it's back on for Saturday:)

Ian

Its a only 20min job for Ary! lol

AR
21-09-2010, 07:56 PM