PDA

View Full Version : Facelift prices?

aidso
27-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Newbie on here. The NSX is among my list for my next car so joined up.

Was wondering what is the current market value for a facelift? I have seen the one on AT for £40 and wondered whether this is about it?

I'm torn between an AM Vantage or a NSX. Aston provides the prestige but it is as common as a fiesta compared to a NSX.

sutats
28-08-2010, 07:02 AM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?p=1&s=328

Papalazarou
28-08-2010, 08:37 AM
It's hard to establish a coherent price at the moment. Last year there was a period where there were 4-5 facelift cars for sale at the same time and this helped to give context to value regarding age, mileage, etc.
Facelift cars have definitely increased in value recently. Partly due to rarity. But also due to a percentage being bought up and sent to Hong Kong.
I think the NSX is pretty good value for money. There are only 50ish left in the UK now. Although the rarest are late pop-up 3.2s. They are super reliable and cheaper to run compared to other Marques in the same category and although the NSXCB resembles a sowing circle from time to time, essentially we have a really good club.
Going back to prices. I think that prices of facelift cars have stabilised and will probably occupy the £30-40k area, with exceptional cars making more. By this I mean; super low mileage, very late cars or cars with the most desirable specs.
In many respects £40k seems good value for a car that will hold it's money, offer exclusivity, high performance and low maintenance.

Cheers,

James

aidso
28-08-2010, 10:37 AM
It does seem good value considering its rarity. I will just have to keep looking and hope I find something good.

The other "crazy" idea is to buy a NA1 for under £30k and put the £10 in saving. Who would do that though? lol

simonprelude
28-08-2010, 11:02 AM
It does seem good value considering its rarity. I will just have to keep looking and hope I find something good.

The other "crazy" idea is to buy a NA1 for under £30k and put the £10 in saving. Who would do that though? lol

I wouldn't think many NA1's would go for more than £20k.

Remember......

NA1 is 1990-1997 (3.0 litre)
NA2 is 1997-2005 (3.2 litre)

However facelift NA2 is 2002-2005 (3.2 litre with fixed headlights)

The only difference comes with automatics, where all cars 1990-2005 are still designated NA1.

nobby
28-08-2010, 04:02 PM
errr, i think i would do that!

PLUS, the NA1 cars are nicer looking than the NA2's.

Silver Surfer
28-08-2010, 04:14 PM

Err.. The NA2s can look identical to the NA1s so can't be nicer looking! ;)

SS

eclipse1501
28-08-2010, 09:02 PM

....................+1

Senninha
28-08-2010, 09:16 PM
.......Facelift cars have definitely increased in value recently. Partly due to rarity. But also due to a percentage being bought up and sent to Hong Kong.........Going back to prices. I think that prices of facelift cars have stabilised and will probably occupy the £30-40k area, with exceptional cars making more. By this I mean; super low mileage, very late cars or cars with the most desirable specs.
In many respects £40k seems good value for a car that will hold it's money, offer exclusivity, high performance and low maintenance.

Cheers,

James

As James says, not many left so if you see one and it fits the bill, best to move quickly.

And just to prove the point highlighted above, have a look here for an extremely rare example - http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=8228

regards, Paul

aidso
28-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks for all the replies so far. I guess I just have to play the waiting game. I'm leaning towards a pre facelift NA2. I seem to change my mind which one looks better day by day.