PDA

View Full Version : NSX Lurkers

AR
25-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Comon people stop lurking and post something.

Do not feel bad if you don't have and NSX, the fact you registered here means that you must have some interest in the car.

Don't worry if your grammar is not 100% as I managed so far.

Just get involved, is fun and you might make a few new friends.

AR

Senninha
25-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I think its time you extended your bespoke NSX signature .....

From this .... 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT CTSC NSX ZAZ R-GT

To this .... 1993 Light-weight Honda NSX 3.0 V6 Vtec 5-speed manual coupe, with Comtech Supercharger producing 400bhp. Presented for your visual pleasure with the full NSX ZAZ R-GT in stunning Sebring Silver.

Regards :beer:

AR
25-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Thank you Paul for the extra 20 odd ponies and the nice description.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-051.gif

Sagacitas
25-08-2010, 08:56 PM
This being my 85th post, in 10 years, not sure if I qualify as a lurker but figured I would post just in case. :)

Richard

PeteM
26-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Well I tend to read and drop into the forum frequently but normally only post if I have something constructive to add or get inspired.

Of late though there hasn't been a lot to inspire me to post, most of the recent ones seem to be completley non Nsx related or cover the same old ground again.

I'm not knocking this great forum just merely saying why I don't post every time I log on.

Regards

Pete.

Mulsanne
27-08-2010, 03:13 AM
If there were a world championship for lurking, I would be in a strong gold medal position. 1 post (now two, which has probably cost me gold!) in two years.

I just use the site as a source of info as I intend to buy an NSX once we move to a house with a garage. I just pray the prices remain sensible until I can purchase.

I've read more or less every thread over the last two years but don't post as I don't own an NSX and am not yet in a position to start seriously looking for one. I especially like reading the technical stuff posted by Kaz.

NZNick
27-08-2010, 03:43 AM
I'm in a similar position to Mulsanne - not got a car yet - not much to start a post about.
I saw and sat in the Purple Targa in Guildford when I was over on a very brief visit to the UK a while back - that is as close to an NSX as I have got, due to the almost total lack of them over here (NZ). I was very tempted to look at the Silver 2002 Acura Targa in Cincinnati that is currently on Prime while I was there on the same trip, but didn't manage to get organised enough.
I am still keen to buy at some stage - anyone else wishing for a collapse in the value of the Yen ??;) Those Type S models on Tradecarview.com make me drool....

I really enjoy the technical and practical posts by Kaz and Sudesh - long may they continue. Perhaps I'll be able to put some business their way to aid in my distance purchase?

sunday driver
29-08-2010, 03:43 PM
So far this year I have travelled 35 miles in my NSX- this is when I took it for its annual service and then put it back in the garage. This is definitely the worst way to treat the car. Im sure I see little tears coming out of the headlights when I open the garage door!
You often see dog-walking services advertised in the paper. Maybe someone should start a car-driving service for idiots like me who havent left themselves enough time in their lives to enjoy their cars.
Failing that, maybe I should sell it to someone who will do more than just keep it clean and cosy.

paddyman
29-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey,

Paddy here, long time lurker. The perfect thread to say hello, i recently made an account and have been talking to some of our more experienced members, thanks for the advise lads!!.

Like a lot of lurkers the NSX is a car i admire greatly and one i hope to own when the time is right....Hasn't happened yet lol.

I've read most of the posts made here and on some of the other sites about ownership/maintenance ETC.

Thanks for the great forum lads.

nsx_vtec
30-08-2010, 01:26 PM
im a lurker for now.

planning on getting a NSX in the future.

big honda nut....ever since my first car currently have a itr and a civic.

Dragonlady
30-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Well I certailnly don't think we can be called lurkers, especially given that when we go to meets and I introduce myself I get "Oh so you're Dragonlady! I have seen your posts" :rolleyes:

nsx_vtec
30-08-2010, 05:57 PM
any nsx meeting happening in the nort west or yorks area in the near future?

Sagacitas
01-09-2010, 03:48 PM
So far this year I have travelled 35 miles in my NSX- this is when I took it for its annual service and then put it back in the garage. This is definitely the worst way to treat the car. Im sure I see little tears coming out of the headlights when I open the garage door!
You often see dog-walking services advertised in the paper. Maybe someone should start a car-driving service for idiots like me who havent left themselves enough time in their lives to enjoy their cars.
Failing that, maybe I should sell it to someone who will do more than just keep it clean and cosy.

Brilliant idea - that is a job I could really enjoy! :)

sportyking
01-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I still lurk after selling Y1. I thought I would be back by now (4 years) but just can't bring myself to sell my Atom, being an British car with *** reliability. i'm off to the factory this weekend to join in the 10th anniversary celebrations.

WhyOne?
01-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi Richie!

Pleased to hear you are still enjoying the Atom.

Sagacitas
01-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Ariel Atom = the only car I want more than an NSX.

I got to have some time in an Atom on a track. Absolutely blew me away.

Richard

Senninha
02-09-2010, 06:07 AM
any nsx meeting happening in the nort west or yorks area in the near future?

If you organise it, we will come with NSX's .....

The recent Essex/Suffolk run had owners travelling an hour (or a little more) to get to the meeting point. We then did an 80-90 mile drive out before finishing for brekkie by 9am. When I go to the Basingstoke meets, its a 90 min drive just to get there...

Find / develop a route for a good drive on good roads and owners will be there.

If you wait for someone else to organise a run then you could be waiting a while, nothing personal, just the way it is.

Hope to see you soon, and as they are forecasating a late indian summer for September, there's no better time to get started!!

regards, Paul

sportyking
02-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi Ian, good to see you still have one of the best NSX out there. I really must try to make one of the Basingstoke meets in the future. I know I would be welcome, even without an NSX.

bobbyswanbourne
02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Not a big talker, especially this summer. My loyalties have been split by the acquisition of a 2004 Legacy GT import. Faster to 70 than the NSX and much faster in the rain. (As I am not M Schumacher) Now with a new cambelt for the NSX thanks to Worldwide Motors and Johnsons MK I can at least rev to 8K without fear. I anyone else going to Kop Hill later in September...nice low key hill climb event in Princes Risborough Bucks?

wantansx
11-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Lurked after the initial burst of posts, wifey not keen on the looks...so started looking at 996 turbos, then realised that in the flesh stock 996 turbos didn't do it for me visually, I needed it in a GT2 format! Then, ofcourse I want to be different, and want it in white rather then the boring old silver....added up the pennies and realise if I bought a standard 996 turbo and did the things I want, it would cripple me financially (especially from a resale POV)

Also, after reading many porsche forums, not sure I want to be known as Porsche owner....

Veered off to looking at F355, but after research the costs are truly eye watering in my opinion, yes there are people who have bought the car and ran it with little costs, but I get the feeling that those are in the minority, and whilst I love the way it looks, it doesn't outshine the NSX to me.

So, now I am back on the NSX forum again - looking....

I've convinced the wife to the NSX, by telling her it's more economical and more reliable!!! Despite her still thinking it looks dated (the NA1) I quite like the pop up lights.....

AR
11-02-2011, 09:40 PM
2004 Legacy GT import. Faster to 70 than the NSX

That is either one heavy modded GT or one slow NSX.

AR
11-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Despite her still thinking it looks dated (the NA1) I quite like the pop up lights.....

Everyone tells me that their POP up NSX don't looke dated, yet every NSX owner who had pop ups and now has a facelift tells me how much better the facelift looks!

Senninha
11-02-2011, 10:59 PM
.........I've convinced the wife to the NSX, by telling her it's more economical and more reliable!!! Despite her still thinking it looks dated (the NA1) I quite like the pop up lights.....

Depending on budget you could go for the earlier car and facelift to 02 looks ... your good lady might then like the looks as well as the reliability and fun factors ...

AR
11-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Depending on budget you could go for the earlier car and facelift to 02 looks ... your good lady might then like the looks as well as the reliability and fun factors ...

As usual my friend, you speak the voice of wisdom. :)

wantansx
11-02-2011, 11:06 PM

Yes, but isn't the costs to change along the lines of £6k?

Senninha
11-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Yes, but isn't the costs to change along the lines of £6k?

http://www.downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16300&cat=290&page=1

Basic conversion will be about that, so add this car http://nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?8702-The-time-has-come......-For-Sale-91-NSX and you've an 02 replica for around £21k .... what are you waiting for?:)

AR
11-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Yes but you will have a straight car and you can use the extra money to build a car that will blow the doors off a 2002 plus NSX. :)

markc
12-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Pop Up = Original... and still the best :)

Mark

AR
12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Pop Up = Original... and still the best :)

Mark

Ergh...

Not :)

matpp
13-02-2011, 04:42 PM

Yes please Sunday driver!........let me know if you wish to sell: I'm in the market: good home and cash waiting for the right car......and I'll no longer be perceived as a lurker.

Cheers,

Mathieu

Geraint
17-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I've been lurking around here for years, I'm a long time DC2 owner and general Honda nut.

I collected my first NSX today, so thought it was time to say hello and a big thanks for all the information that's shared on here - it's really helped me get a feel for the cars, and what to look out for.

:)

gumball
17-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the club. Have fun in your new Bambino. :)

Rob_Fenn
17-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Congrats :D

SILVER BULLET
17-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the club and NSX ownership Geraint,are you in Wales boyo ? we would be pleased to here about your new car and photo's are always good,

Enjoy,

Ian

NSXGB
17-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Welcome...

Did you buy Greyblokes?

Geraint
17-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas :)

I am indeed Welsh, but currently living just the wrong side of the Severn :P

The car is not Greybloke's old one, it's a purple '95 manual targa that was previously owned by another member on here, based in Devon.

I've only driven it 100 miles or so, but I'm absolutely loving it so far :D

bobbyswanbourne
17-02-2011, 07:11 PM
That is either one heavy modded GT or one slow NSX.

0-100kmh in 6.6 seconds is what's quoted for the Legacy I guess the NSX is very similar. But in normal conditions the 4wd car seems faster.

nobby
17-02-2011, 08:42 PM
hi and welcome to the forums!

also congratulations on the purchase. Excellent news.

hope you become an active member now that you are a proud owner :)

think i know the car ... was interested in it myself ... orignally owned by someone in Devon (i spoke to his brother), car was bought by a trader (highway motors or something, who in turn put a big price tag on it a while back) ... then it seemed to have disappeared.

Is this the car?

It had tan interior and upgraded exhaust system. Very nice and clean car.

Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas :)

I am indeed Welsh, but currently living just the wrong side of the Severn :P

The car is not Greybloke's old one, it's a purple '95 manual targa that was previously owned by another member on here, based in Devon.

I've only driven it 100 miles or so, but I'm absolutely loving it so far :D

Geraint
17-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks again :)

Not the same car though - mine has a black interior and standard exhaust.

I think it's a nice one, I'm certainly very proud of it :)

havoc
17-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi Geraint,

Nice to see someone with the same taste in motors - you still got a 'teg?

Enjoy the NSX - it's completely different from the 'teg, but can put at least an equal smile on your face, and feels so much more accomplished. Make plans for a road-trip in it - it seems to want the big occasions and the big roads to show-off on!

nobby
17-02-2011, 09:30 PM
totally agree, the NSX does like the Swiss Alps and a rattle round the 'Ring'! :)

Make plans for a road-trip in it - it seems to want the big occasions and the big roads to show-off on!

nobby
17-02-2011, 09:31 PM
ohh right ... get some pics up! :)

all the best with it!

Thanks again :)

Not the same car though - mine has a black interior and standard exhaust.

I think it's a nice one, I'm certainly very proud of it :)

SILVER BULLET
17-02-2011, 09:33 PM
I believe your car was owned by Blackdownguy, Papa and I met Simon the owner one evening about a year ago, I remember the car was very tidy and very well looked after, so im sure you have got yourself a nice car there:cool:,

Cheers,

Ian

Geraint
17-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Yes, that's the one Ian, thanks for the comments :)

Still have the DC2 and will be keeping it for the foreseeable future - great practical fun everyday car :cool:

TheSebringOne
17-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the club/forum.

As stated already, some pictures would be noice.