PDA

View Full Version : appears to be nice entry to the world of NSX

nobby
25-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Spotted this on ebay tonight

sounds a bit of a bargain, considering age and mileage. Looks in reasonable condition too. If this is all true its a VERY GOOD PRICE for this car.

anyone on here know it at all?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AWESOME-RARE-1995-HONDA-NSX-R-MANUAL-RED-ONLY-33K-MILES-/260654561073?pt=Automobiles_UK

AR
25-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Look a couple of threads down.

I can't believe that people are considering these heaps a good entry yet when good cars come up for sale in the twentys people get all spook.

There is no easy way into an NSX.

If you buy a 16K car expect 4 to 5 K in remedial work.

Is just teh way it is unless you are lucky. :)

Senninha
25-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Well said Ary, and its a message that has been repeated several times over the years.

Regards,

Justin
25-08-2010, 09:09 PM
i guess when it appears that you can see several colours of paint (on both ends of the car) in a 2" thumbnail at 70dpi, then you know that you're looking at a cash abyss... :eek:

Sudesh
25-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Its not a genuine 1995 car either, looks like 1991/92 and obviously not an NSX-R LOL

That coolant bottle looks like its on the way out.

Its also got a alot of UK parts on it!

nobby
25-08-2010, 09:48 PM
errr thats me told ... sorry Ary!

as i said "MAY" be an entry into NSx ownership

I know the costs of putting a clean 94 car onto the road, and the pitfalls involved. It cost me over 20k and i still need work done!

i put it up to let you knowledgeable folk let potential punters know

i saw that the coolant tank was in bad shape, not fussed on the blue hoses and no way was it an NSX-R at that price

the mileage (if genuine is good) too

TheSebringOne
25-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Interesting that its got an adjustable fuel/air mixture device. Strange seeing the front lower splitter/spoiler and rear number plate surround painted in the body colour. I guess the absence of front fog lights are due to it being an import.

Sudesh
25-08-2010, 09:55 PM
No, front fogs are standard on all JDM NSX's apart from NSX-R, Type-S, S-Zero and obviously facelift.

Interesting that its got an adjustable fuel/air mixture device. Strange seeing the front lower splitter/spoiler and rear number plate surround painted in the body colour. I guess the absence of front fog lights are due to it being an import.

Sudesh
25-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Quick check also says the car is a 1994 NOT 1995 as advertised, but its still not a genuine 1994 car at that.

Think it was imported in 19/10/1999, has 4 owners

Sudesh
05-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Down to £13,995 now and see add has been revised stating it's a CAT D car.

sommi
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi All
I inquired about this car as I became an active lurker on this site.
Thankfully, from all the valuable feedback received I walked away from it. Well didn't even go to have a look.
The seller had confirmed that someone had made a deposit but came back next day saying I could have it for a reasonable offer.
He has very limited knowledge about this car and was worried when I told him what may be wrong with it.
He has hence added more deatil about it being CAT D and lowered the price further!
At this price I find it tempting everyday but am wise enough to keep dreaming for a clean one.

Greybloke
06-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Off topic I know........Is it me but dont you hate the over used "Awsome" description?

AR
06-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Off topic I know........Is it me but dont you hate the over used "Awsome" description?

I agree, unless is Hanna Montana talking Awesome sounds silly in the UK.

WhyOne?
07-09-2010, 07:35 AM

Yes, I'm with you on that Nick.

Additional personal dislikes of mine are the use of 'mint' and 'best colour' in car ad's.

1,2, 3....10 etc. year old cars are very rarely 'mint' or anything remotely like, and 'best colour' as we know from discussions here (;) ), is an extremely subjective judgement.

jpspringall
07-09-2010, 09:01 PM
If I remember correctly that car appeared several times on auto trader over the past 18 months or so, while I was looking for mine and started off at 25k.

James

Nick Graves
08-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Someone's caught a cold, then!

Nice steering wheel & roadwheel spray on the tyres & brake disc.

It's a good example of a fleapit-trader vehicle.

Can we post it as a sticky as what to look out for & to swerve?

1st round at the Dog & Bargepole!