PDA

View Full Version : 02> Taillights to >02 JDM taillights

gcon45
24-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi folks.

As you may know I'm on the hunt for a set of the darker pre 2002 taillights.

Does anyone know if the pre 2002 JDM lights will work without modification on my post 2002 NSX?

I know the UK post 02 cars have extra bulbs compared to the pre 02 UK cars.

I prefer the JDM lights as have double filament bulbs all the way across that gives the full stop and tail beam.

Will it just be plug and play?

Will I have to use my old bulbs and harnesses?

Sudesh
24-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes it will fit and wiring should not be an issue other than your fog light will be clear [reverse light]
As my car is JDM I just pop in a red bulb to get it through MOT

JDM cars dont have a double filament in all 3 sockets for brake/tail, one is just a small spade type bulb from memory, its the one closest to the reverse lights.

Hi folks.

As you may know I'm on the hunt for a set of the darker pre 2002 taillights.

Does anyone know if the pre 2002 JDM lights will work without modification on my post 2002 NSX?

I know the UK post 02 cars have extra bulbs compared to the pre 02 UK cars.

I prefer the JDM lights as have double filament bulbs all the way across that gives the full stop and tail beam.

Will it just be plug and play?

Will I have to use my old bulbs and harnesses?

gcon45
24-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi again Sudesh.

I've read that the JDM has 2 brake lights each side, and 3 tails.

Is this not true?

Sudesh
24-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah thats correct! maybe picking up on your comment wrong as I thought you meant they had double filament in all three sockets.

Your welcome to call to mine some evening and swap my lights out for yours and have a look at what you think? pre-facelift lights are darker as standard to facelift anyway so you may not need to tint too much if you decide to go that route.

gcon45
24-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for that Sudesh.

When you say you pop a red bulb into your reverse light for mot as a fog lamp, does that mean you put the car into reverse when he asks you to turn on your fog or do you have it wired to a fog switch :)

Sudesh
24-08-2010, 10:16 PM
lol! Come on now, thought you have know by now that's not my style lol

No I have a little mod I done to my car and Andrews that allows us to retain the dual reverse [as personally I think it looks better] but when needed we can flick the system over so its like a UK car and have one reverse and one fog on a switch.

As your already pre-wired as a fog then all you need to add is a red bulb, but if for the JDM look and you wanted to have dual reverse, then I could wire your setup basically in an opposite version to ours. If that makes sense.

Thanks for that Sudesh.

When you say you pop a red bulb into your reverse light for mot as a fog lamp, does that mean you put the car into reverse when he asks you to turn on your fog or do you have it wired to a fog switch :)

gcon45
24-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Shame on me. I should have thought as much! :)