PDA

View Full Version : New Boy on the Block

Nuclear Red
18-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Afternoon all.

I am really a bike man at heart (Tuono, RD350 etc etc), I also run an Audi A6 3.0L Diesel. Between houses and divorce and keep looking at NSX's

I have a sound engineering background so working on the beasts is not too intimidating except for the high level electronics.

I sat in the one for sale at Fairways trading in Guildford, a T, deep purple, with tan leather.

£23K, 47K miles, seems a lot of car for the money. What do you guys think?

Might see if they will do a test drive.

If anyone knows of a ood value car up to £25K I would be inerested.

What do you people pay for insurance?

NSXGB
18-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi and welcome.
there was a bit of talk on this car a short while ago here:
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=7785&highlight=trader

So if you like it, you have some room for negotiating a better price....

Good luck with your search.

m666 edd
18-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Insurance should be cheap compared with most other insurance group 20 cars. I'm 27, was 26 when I insured the car and it was a fair bit cheaper than I thought it would be. Very happy with the insurance.

As NSXGB said, you should be able to get a lower price on that if you're interested.

Nuclear Red
19-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks guys,

The thread on "Fairways" was particularly interesting!

Unregistered
19-08-2010, 12:50 PM
That is a good clean car with 2 previous forum owners and IIRC a good service history.

Do a search for insurance threads, you will find a few good companies detailed with contact details.

I use Competition Car Insurance who this yr I pay £334 for fully comp, 5k miles, guaranteed value and 5 track days including Europe (not the @Ring of course).

Regards,

Paul (Senninha)

Silver Surfer
22-08-2010, 09:12 AM
This one on ebay doesn't look to bad...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-NSX-SILVER-1992-/290464937262?pt=Automobiles_UK

SS

Dragonlady
22-08-2010, 11:56 AM
That sounds and looks a nice example. No bids as yet, could be a steel!

Ian

nakamichi
22-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I'll be amazed if it doesn't sell.

Paul G
22-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi Nuclear Red

PM Sent

Cheers
PG

nobby
23-08-2010, 09:12 PM
That car that fairways has, was the car i was very keen on buying, all i was waiting for was the service history to be made available, but fairways came in and bought the car without seeing the history. The previous owner's brother was a lovely man, very honest about the car, and the pics he sent me showing the car were excellent

the only issue with buying that car from fairways is that they are looking to make a killing on the car ... over 6k for what they paid for it

you make the choice if its worth it, i know there has been debate on the pricing ...

Thanks guys,

The thread on "Fairways" was particularly interesting!

NSX100
24-08-2010, 09:11 AM
It has been on their forecourt for months now and, as predicted, has not sold because of the price and everyone knows the killing they are trying to make. They have already knocked 1,000 quid off so there is a lot of room to haggle. It is an excellent car.

sommi
24-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi
New here. Similar quest for holy grail!

How about this one.
Advertised last night on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AWESOME-RARE-1995-HONDA-NSX-R-MANUAL-RED-ONLY-33K-MILES-/260654561073?pt=Automobiles_UK#ht_500wt_1154

Does not look like what it says on the ad.

Any ideas?

AR
24-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Any ideas???

Repainted bumpers

JDM or USDM front bumper

Dusty and ropey looking engine bay

ARC Box

NA1 R manifold plate, about as much R as it is.

Mismatched interior.

Double check everything if you go for it.

sommi
24-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi AR
I thank you.
I couldn't spot that at all.

I am sure it isn't nsx-r but how much of it is original seems to be another matter.

I may have a look later this week.
Cheers

simonprelude
24-08-2010, 04:46 PM
The price seems good......... however looking at the pictures I'd be walking away.

Also anyone who describes a non type-R as a type-R needs shooting.

sommi
25-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi
I've spoken to the seller who has apparently just bought it from an owner who had it garaged all this time and was not using it.
He has no idea it is a standard NSX with some NSX-R bits on it.
He just said he saw it written somewhere on the car itself!

Hence, he has no knowledge of how it was kept or whether it was ever in a crash.

He already has had two viewings one of which is a prospective buy if the guy can arrange a loan.

I plan to go tomorrow morning at at least get a feel of what these machines are like.
I don't think I'll be buying it though.

Senninha
25-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi
New here. Similar quest for holy grail!

How about this one..........

Any ideas?

As above, poor colour match to both bumpers (front is JDM, rear UKDM)

Wrong colour to wheels (note centre caps are correct shade)

Has the later front lip, incorrectly fitted and painted (should be black)

Work that it is likely to need for your peace of mind unless documented proof to reassure you ....

- Full service
- Belts / water pump / pulley
- brake overhaul
- coolant pipes and fluid change plus bottle is way off colour so likely to fail

Suggest ITRO £3,500 mechanical

That said, with only 33k miles (if documented) than if you can budget for the above, and haggle a price, you could have a good car with low mileage for a sensible price.

Good luck

PS, you might want to check out the 'Buying an NSX' guide on the forum for a full checklist

regards, Paul

AR
25-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Also anyone who describes a non type-R as a type-R needs shooting.

Simon you are too kind, castration with a chainsaw is more fitting to the crime. :)

sommi
25-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Hi Paul / AR
Thanks a bunch.

You guys are genius! genii??

The observations i read here literally make me think there are a few NSX Sherlocks in the room, no kidding.

I will go through the buying guide today. Have given it a once over a few months ago.

Regards amputating the vegi growth on this guy, he may as well be selling a Skoda with a bugatti badge and wouldn't know.

He had absolutely no clue and sounded surprised when I said it wasn't an NSX-R. He just said the previous owner said so and he could see it written on the car!!

Will keep all posted.

sommi
25-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I am not going to see this car as some mesmerised bloke has already gone and confirmed he will give 15k for it.
So its basically off the market.
Good riddance i Say ;)

AR
25-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Can't wait for the new R owner to start posting!!!

Senninha
25-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Well it is being sold locally to me although I've never seen it, so I'll let you know when I see it (new owner if local is bound to want to be seen) what its realy like .. hopefully a good one and the owner will find his/her way here soon :)

Senninha
25-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Can't wait for the new R owner to start posting!!!

Now you must promise to play nicely ... let him/her down gently that they haven't just bought the bargain of the decade; a £40k NSX-R for £15k!

AR
25-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Now you must promise to play nicely ... let him/her down gently that they haven't just bought the bargain of the decade; a £40k NSX-R for £15k!

40K man I wish someone would have offered me that for mine!!!

I solemnly promised that I will let the owner down gently. :)

ollie
25-08-2010, 09:20 PM

what about when they find out its a cat D http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/images/icons/icon8.gif

steve

AR
25-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Is it a Cat D one???

Boat boys old car?

ollie
25-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Is it a Cat D one???

Boat boys old car?

year of manufacture 1994

first reg in UK 19/10/1999

cat D 5/10/2001 description on condition alert HONDA NSX R !!

steve

Silver Surfer
25-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Maybe it's got a R engine....;)

SS