PDA

View Full Version : Orange 3.2 1999 on Pistonheads

Lockers
17-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi all, seriously considering an NSX and ideally a 3.2, although I don't have £40k as per the red facelift currently for sale! However, I could run to the early 20s and this caught my eye as being surprisingly good value: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1884626.htm

44k miles, orange, 1999 T, aftermarket alloys (black), very little detail in the advert. Doesn't state UK car, so may be an import. Does anyone know anything of this car or immediately spot a reason why it is priced at £22k?

BTW, I'm a long-time Honda man - 2 DC2s and currently a DC5 (which I'll be keeping as the daily and track car), plus my good lady's EK4. Have also had an Evo VI and an RX-7 (which is another option - I would love a seriously tuned one, but it wouldn't get used due to the running costs, hence the NSX).

nakamichi
17-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Love the spelling in the advert:)
A tribute to the New Labour government !

Papalazarou
17-08-2010, 10:15 PM
It's a double cat d. The last accident was a total loss. If was owned by an NSXCB member who ploughed it into an Armco.
I'm confident that the current owner of this vehicle would actively disclose this information.

Cheers,

James

m666 edd
17-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I believe this is a discussion of the same car:

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=8115

AR
17-08-2010, 11:20 PM
It's a double cat d. The last accident was a total loss. If was owned by an NSXCB member who ploughed it into an Armco.
I'm confident that the current owner of this vehicle would actively disclose this information.

Cheers,

James

Not on both counts darling LOL

Yes it was a total loss, but it was weather related, not driver error my dear. :)

On the second one the current owner has said that the car is clean!!!

As clean as my... after one of my MMA sessions! :no:

All joking aside the Papa is right on the double DD but the owners sounds like he is unawere of the provenace... I am not.

Papalazarou
18-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Ary,
I wasn't infering driver error, although I've seen you drive;-)
Also, I was giving the current owner the benefit of the doubt. What does it say on the HPi?

Cheers,

James

AR
18-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Ary,
I wasn't infering driver error, although I've seen you drive;-)

Cheers,

James

Oops :) worse off you have been in the passenger seat. :eek:

I have it on good authority that the current seller has said the car is clean.

Perhaps he changed his mind recently after being informed of the previous status?

Lockers
18-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Superb, thanks guys, you've saved me the cost of an HPI there! :)

Well, I'm in no rush, let's see what crops up...