PDA

View Full Version : Touge Distribution?

NSXGB
13-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Anyone ordered from these guys before, any feedback?

http://www.tougedistribution.com/

nakamichi
13-08-2010, 01:01 AM

Order the cheapest thing they have and see what the service is like.I often do that to test companies out.

NSX 2000
13-08-2010, 07:59 AM

I know Civic drivers use them, and I can't see any negative feed back.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/touge-distribution/

HTH

Paul

Senninha
13-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I know Civic drivers use them, and I can't see any negative feed back.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/touge-distribution/

HTH

Paul

Excellent ... I'll take the 385hp 3.2, Giken diff, 2 S seats and set of 6 pot Brembos .... ;)

gumball
13-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Order the cheapest thing they have and see what the service is like.I often do that to test companies out.

Buy a sweatband for the brake fluid reservoir :laugh:

jaffaz32
13-08-2010, 09:20 AM
I currently have a order with them.

My first one.

Postage is slow. Ordered on the 8th of July and don't think it's even left Japan yet. But the prices are pretty good.

I do have regular contact with a UK agent. I ask for updates on the order and he replies within couple of days.

I paid for the express shipping method also.

I doubt they have hardly any parts for the NSX on the shelf like they might Civic's etc. So some of the wait could be waiting from the manufactures.

But it's just a tad over a month and still in Japan.

Others i have used are Nengun and Greenline.

AR
13-08-2010, 11:29 AM
One of the most frustrating things with ordering bits from resellers is teh general BS they pass on.

Every one is agent for X or Y part and when one places the order then they pass the buck and blame the Japanese distributors...

So I guess their relationship is as good as...

Hagasan
13-08-2010, 02:35 PM
I currently have a order with them.

My first one.

Postage is slow. Ordered on the 8th of July and don't think it's even left Japan yet. But the prices are pretty good.

I do have regular contact with a UK agent. I ask for updates on the order and he replies within couple of days.

I paid for the express shipping method also.

I doubt they have hardly any parts for the NSX on the shelf like they might Civic's etc. So some of the wait could be waiting from the manufactures.

But it's just a tad over a month and still in Japan.

Others i have used are Nengun and Greenline.

I was talking with Kaz earlier on today on another matter. He mentioned during our chat that it's the Japanese holidays at the moment and that's possible adding to delays....a bit like when Italy shuts up shop in August....

racer98
15-08-2010, 05:07 AM

Never seen anything about them, what are you after ordering from them, and you guys in the UK have probably the best GBP to JPY right now , where as in the USA were getting hammerd with the Obama Dollar :(.

as always I do kiss the feet of any one who buys from you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Paypal.
With out a doubt please make sure you read all of the details with these guys, I can't wait for the day for someone else to come up with something better then these guys but, just so you guys know

*45days from the date of sale is only allowed you have time to file a dispute.
*never take a payment in fhe form of a gift or service on paypal to avoid the fees, reason at any time and I mean "infinity" the buyer of the item can call up his or her credit card company and say "my neck hurts" and yes your "**** out of luck" (SOL) and money is taken from the account and your out your $ or you guys call it "£" and your product.
*use caution with the seller your buying from and as others mentioned do your research. :).

Carl-1969
15-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Touge are registered traders on our forum (Type R Owners (http://type-r-owners.co.uk/)) and they have excellent feedback and customer comments.

TougeDistribution
15-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Hello chaps,

Thanks for the interest in Touge!

Just to clear up a few things;

If an order of multiple parts comes through, we wait till all of the parts have come in, before shipping. This keeps your costs lower. If you want the parts to ship as soon as they come in from the manufacturers, you will need to pay the extra for single deliveries. Jaffaz32 - This is the situation with your order, we're just waiting on the RouteKS part you've ordered. Everything else has come in. If you would like the other parts faster, then you will need to pay extra for seperate shipping.

If an order comes through and you've chosen the Touge EU airmail option, please note we only have 2 shipments a month on that. 1 on the 14th and 1 on the 28th. If your parts dont reach us till the 15th, then you will have to wait till the 28th for them to ship.

AR - there is no general 'BS' we pass on. Touge only handles the goods for a maximum of 24 hours if they are clear to ship. We don't stock every part we have on the website, so yes, manufacturers lead times are what cause the delays. We're not passing the buck, we're giving facts. If we have ordered X part from Y manufacturer, and they say 6-12 weeks for the part, what do we do ? We tell you there is a lead time. There is never any BS, we tell you how it is.

We want you guys to feel confident ordering from us, so if you need any information at all, please just email us;

Me - James.Turbett@Tougedistribution.com (I'm on MSN, and usually the store live chat also)
General - Enquiries@Tougedistribution.com

Regards,

James@Touge.

Papalazarou
16-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I don't think anyone's bitching specifically. However, there have been a long list of unsatisfactory NSX parts sellers over the last few years.

Problems ranging from; chronic lack of availability; they take your money and the part takes a year to arrive. They take your money and the part never arrives. They take your money and the part arrives and you wish it hadn't. You pay too much money for a part that you have to wait months for. The supplier doesn't give you regular shipping updates because they either haven't ordered the part yet or there's a problem and they believe silence to be the best policy.
There are some good vendors and some bad ones. If you want to be considered favourably, don't screw us on price and give us realistic delivery dates.

Cheers,

James.

jaffaz32
19-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't say there is any BS on the Touge site. Infact their descriptions can be a little vague i guess this is down to the volume of parts availible but if you email them you get the info your after besides i researched and knew what i wanted to a degree before i ordered.

They sell many parts and arnt biased to a particular brand.

The information i have received has been very helpful.

I've ordered from Japan many times before. Nengun being the slowest company to date. greeline were fast however their site leaves some doubt in your mind. Jdm performance have been pretty good little more pricey but their price are all inclusive no gamble. Newera were ok but i felt there was some BS there, parts arrived ok though.

Touge also don't charge extra fees for packaging and using cards/paypal etc.

A friend has used them many times.

That is correct, it is Obon week, however my order was month before then ;). Problem with Japan also from what i have found out most things are made to order. Especially with NSX not many stocks anything. I purchased a set a Type 3 Blitz wheel for my 300zx they took 6 months to arrive that was using a agent in the UK but the hold up was becuase they were made to order. same with a Abflug kit i ordered, 12 months on i had to cancel the order, was gutted as sexiest kit going! google it. Abflug Moderno.

I was going to order twice as much as i did from Touge but when i got to the basket thought i would trim it down to try their service first.