PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up about dinner date!

NSX 2000
12-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi All

This is a heads up on the inaugural NSXCB dinner, which will be held in or near Northampton on the evening of Friday 29th October 2010.

I've organised a trip to MUGEN Europe for the Friday afternoon, now just need to arrange a venue for the evening meal.

Please can you post if you are interested in coming so I can get an idea of numbers. This dinner is for all members of NSXCB and their partners. You don't even have to come in an NSX, but you can use it as an excuse if yoy want :D

Paul

lotusolly
12-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi Paul

Is the invite to be included in the trip to Mugen or just for the dinner?

Olly

NSX 2000
12-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi Paul

Is the invite to be included in the trip to Mugen or just for the dinner?

Olly

That's for you to decide :D

Paul G
12-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi Paul,

Very interested - Date looks good for me at present

Cheers
PG

sorepaws
13-08-2010, 09:47 AM
look forward to being there - both Mugen and dinner - thank you for organising it Paul

Dragonlady
13-08-2010, 04:55 PM
This sounds great Paul, thanks. I'll be there for both tour and dinner but Sharon cann't make the tour due to work but will come for the dinner if it's not to early.

Thanks Ian

Senninha
13-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi Paul,

Great idea and thanx to Mugen for accomodating ... will they have a demo set of brakes ready by then??

Will bring the family, however girls will look for alternative to Mugen for the afternoon ... any contingency/plans?

Let us know on the dinner so we can get accomodation sorted if its going to be a late one. Are kids invited for the meal??

regards, Paul

ollie
14-08-2010, 09:43 AM
hi Paul ,

hope you are well , please put me down for both the dinner and the tour

steve

amo
12-09-2010, 02:34 PM
sorry mate think ill be busy moving

thx amo

WhyOne?
12-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Would love to do this but I shall be camping in the Lower Zambzi Valley whilst you lot are having a posh meal!

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Hi, Paul.

Very tempting opportunity as there is no GP that weekend....

It all depends on my business/private schedule so at this stage, I can only say 'may be' for me.

Kaz

mutley
13-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Would love to do this but I shall be camping in the Lower Zambzi Valley whilst you lot are having a posh meal!

Zambzi, HA! I can trump that. I would love to come along however around the 18th of Oct I'll be flying out to Helmand Province covered in guns and stuff.

Will be home in sometime in May, just fingers crossed in time for the 'Fest, still gutted I missed this year.

Jim

Dragonlady
15-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Sorry Paul, we cann't make this now as we have to go to a wedding on the Friday night:( Just had the invites come through yesterday.

Ian

WhyOne?
15-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Zambzi, HA! I can trump that. I would love to come along however around the 18th of Oct I'll be flying out to Helmand Province covered in guns and stuff.

Yep, that certainly trumps the Zambezi Valley and a few grumpy lions.

Hope you have a safe & uneventful tour Jim, take good care.

Ian
:)

NSX 2000
24-09-2010, 11:01 AM
According to the poll only 3 people are going :( yet when I've talked to people at this years meets I've always had a positve response :dunno:

Please can you let me know (PM will do) as I have now found a nice venue for the dinner and it has 10 rooms on site, and another 3 hotels within 2 miles :)

Paul

TheSebringOne
26-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Sorry Paul, I would have loved to have come but I will be in Hong Kong & China then!

WhyOne?
27-09-2010, 08:20 AM
According to the poll only 3 people are going....

I would be there if it didn't clash with my annual 'boys' trip away.

havoc
02-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Hope you have a safe & uneventful tour Jim, take good care.

Ian
:)

Seconded - that's heavy sh't out there Jim - look after yourself!

(Ian - enjoy Africa, and if you're after anything to get you in the mood, hop onto Pistonheads "photo & video" forum and look at Fezant Pluckah's recent Masai Mara photos...he's got a very good eye. Alternatively, just read Joseph Conrad and then sh't yourself... ;) )

TheSebringOne
03-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Same here Jim, take care of yourself out there. :)

Senninha
17-10-2010, 02:19 PM
:( Hi Paul,

Sadly work is going to prevent me from attending both the Mugen tour and evening event. Very frustrating having now seen the prep work for the site homepage is uploaded ...(Thanx Kevin)

I do hope the numbers grow and you get the support!!

regards, Paul

howellr
17-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Sorry, can't make it. Like your thinkin' tho !

Boomin33
18-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Hey Paul,

I can try and help... see if the wife will go for it.

*Call me clue-less, but whats the deal? What is up with the Mugen day trip.. where is it, what's there, why should we be there etc.

Rob

**oops saw advert on front of site. I now know who/what Mugen are! ;)

lotusolly
18-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Been holding out and hoping to attend this but unfortunatly as feared my house sale has been finalised for that weekend so cannot make it :(

Olly

sutats
18-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Do people not realise that the dinner is free?

Senninha
19-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi All,

Having spoken with Paul last night (who has been arranging the Mugen visit and hotel), it has been decided to postpone this to the Spring of 2011.

Paul has had much interest here and via PM, but it does appear that the timing clashes for a lot of members who would like to attend.

We will drop the front page for now and reset after the New Year festivities to give all plenty of advance notice.

Thanks to all for the interest in this, and to Paul for picking up the initiative. We will now look forward to kicking of the 2011 events with this MUgen visit and possibly adding a drive out as well.

regards, Paul & Paul!

NSX 2000
19-10-2010, 05:42 PM
How would Friday the 15th April 2011 be for people? (this is the Friday before Good Friday)

The plan would be to meet mid afternoon at MUGEN (Northampton) for a tour of their facilities, then on to the restaurant/hotel for our evening meal and for those that are staying the night or who live local a small drive with some stops for photos on Saturday morning.

All comments and suggestions welcome

Paul

havoc
20-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Glad to see this has been postponed - I'd have been interested but haven't any holiday spare (for the tour) until January.

Pencil me in for 15th April - won't know for certain until I've got next year's work diary, but that should be OK.

Papalazarou
20-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Sounds like a good date Paul. I, like a number of others couldn't make the original date.
Thanks for all the time and effort you've put in on this.
I look forward to April.

Cheers,

James

howellr
20-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi, this is good for me too. R

Dragonlady
20-10-2010, 04:04 PM
This is great news, count us in.

Ian

Silver Surfer
20-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Count me in too.

SS

Senninha
20-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Paul,

Can you get Kevin to amend the front page article to the new 2011 date? We could also do with a resetting of the voting/poll to reflect the new dates

regards, Paul

Justin
20-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Think I'll just miss this by a day or two - very annoying!

Have a great time....

Silver Surfer
20-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Think I'll just miss this by a day or two - very annoying!

Have a great time....

You already know you will miss this in April 2011??!

Jeeps you are very well organised!!! ;)

I can't even be sure what I am doing 1 week in advance.

SS

Sudesh
20-10-2010, 11:26 PM
You already know you will miss this in April 2011??!

Jeeps you are very well organised!!! ;)

I can't even be sure what I am doing 1 week in advance.

SS

This is for 29th October 2010 is it not?

If its next year then I would make a point of coming over

Nytram
21-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Yes please we would be delighted to attend, and a chance to meet Sudesh, brill :D

Senninha
21-10-2010, 06:46 AM
How would Friday the 15th April 2011 be for people? (this is the Friday before Good Friday)

The plan would be to meet mid afternoon at MUGEN (Northampton) for a tour of their facilities, then on to the restaurant/hotel for our evening meal and for those that are staying the night or who live local a small drive with some stops for photos on Saturday morning.

All comments and suggestions welcome

Paul

Due to many diary clashes for this October, Paul has proposed the above date in April 2011 :)

TheSebringOne
26-10-2010, 08:34 AM
April sounds great. Thanks alot Paul for organising this event.

markc
26-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I can't be sure that I can make the new date but I definitely couldn't make the old one so this is good news.

The wife doesn't come to any of my "car sh!t", her words not mine, these days so if I can come I'll likely be a single.

Thanks for attempting to organise Paul :)

Cheers

Mark

AR
26-10-2010, 03:52 PM
I can't be sure that I can make the new date but I definitely couldn't make the old one so this is good news.

The wife doesn't come to any of my "car sh!t", her words not mine, these days so if I can come I'll likely be a single.

Thanks for attempting to organise Paul :)

Cheers

Mark

LOL That sounds like my story!

Ewan
26-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the attempts to organise, Paul - I was never quite sure if I'd make it up to the afternoon on Friday, but I'm pretty sure now I can make it to the 15/4/11 ... so put me down as a definitely probable.

Now to wonder what I'll do with the Friday afternoon I'd tentatively booked off work ;-)

rgds
Ewan

Sudesh
26-10-2010, 09:40 PM
The 2011 idea could suit me and would be nice to finally get over and meet the rest.

What is the location? and can anyone advise hotels etc?

Is this a case of you guys are taking the NSX's or just a general everyone meeting up and good day/nite out?

NSX 2000
26-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the attempts to organise, Paul - I was never quite sure if I'd make it up to the afternoon on Friday, but I'm pretty sure now I can make it to the 15/4/11 ... so put me down as a definitely probable.

Now to wonder what I'll do with the Friday afternoon I'd tentatively booked off work ;-)

rgds
Ewan

Ewan, PM sent

Paul

NSX 2000
26-10-2010, 10:08 PM
The 2011 idea could suit me and would be nice to finally get over and meet the rest.

What is the location? and can anyone advise hotels etc?

Is this a case of you guys are taking the NSX's or just a general everyone meeting up and good day/nite out?

Sudesh

Location is Northampton, MUGEN address is 68 St James Mill Road, Northampton, NN5 5JP.

There are plenty of Hotels and the venue for the dinner has 10 rooms (The Roade House Restaurant & Hotel, 16 High Street, Roade, Northampton, NN7 2NW)

http://www.roadehousehotel.co.uk/

You won't be barred if you don't bring your NSX but you might get funny looks if you don't:D

It's our plan to have a good night but we will also do an early morning drive on the Saturday for those that want to.

Paul

Sudesh
26-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks Paul!

I'll put this in the Diary for next year, and for certain will work on making a point of going. Cant promise I'll bring the NSX as that might work out on being there a day or two longer as its quite a long haul for me, and I ain't a fan of rushing over and back by car in these situations lol.

Maybe Andrew or some of the other N.I guys will drive and I can be co-pilot and sleep lol

Sudesh

Location is Northampton, MUGEN address is 68 St James Mill Road, Northampton, NN5 5JP.

There are plenty of Hotels and the venue for the dinner has 10 rooms (The Roade House Restaurant & Hotel, 16 High Street, Roade, Northampton, NN7 2NW)

http://www.roadehousehotel.co.uk/

You won't be barred if you don't bring your NSX but you might get funny looks if you don't:D

It's our plan to have a good night but we will also do an early morning drive on the Saturday for those that want to.

Paul

Sudesh
26-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Just noticed the name of that hotel lol

Maybe best to leave the NSX at home and do what Patrick Swayze done and bring the Bucik

http://www.bluntgraffix.com/buick-riviera/buick-riviera-hollywood/65_Riv_Roadhouse2.jpg

NSX 2000
01-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi all

Just to let you know 4 of us went up to MUGEN last week and did the tour and it was VERY good, MUGEN really looked after us, and it was very informative, plus they were very happy to here what we had to say.

I would like to say a big thankyou to Colin from MUGEN for showing us around.

Paul

Senninha
01-11-2010, 11:39 PM
........ went up to MUGEN last week and did the tour and it was VERY good, MUGEN really looked after us, and it was very informative, plus they were very happy to here what we had to say.

Paul

So where are the photos, what are they going to do for the UK NSX market, how did the HondaSport interview go etc etc??

AR
02-11-2010, 12:10 AM
So where are the photos, what are they going to do for the UK NSX market, how did the HondaSport interview go etc etc??

Plus one, gutted I could not make it!

Justin
02-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Maybe Andrew or some of the other N.I guys will drive and I can be co-pilot and sleep lol

I'll hopefully get over in mine, April's normally not too hectic for me....

NSX 2000
02-11-2010, 10:18 AM

With regards to the NSX market they are looking into a few things including wheels, and brake kits.

The interview with the Journalist from HondaStyle magazine went very well, but he spent more time with Kaz as Kaz can speak fluent Japanese, Gary could only say hello and order a beer, while Mike and I don't know any Japanese.

Forgot to take a camera on the tour but below is a picture of the 4 us that did go and a photo of the Civic MUGEN Prototype 2, that is famous for its antics at Goodwood FoS this year :D

NoelWatson
02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
With regards to the NSX market they are looking into a few things including wheels, and brake kits.

The interview with the Journalist from HondaStyle magazine went very well, but he spent more time with Kaz as Kaz can speak fluent Japanese, Gary could only say hello and order a beer, while Mike and I don't know any Japanese.

Forgot to take a camera on the tour but below is a picture of the 4 us that did go and a photo of the Civic MUGEN Prototype 2, that is famous for its antics at Goodwood FoS this year :D

Was the stability control turned off at Goodwood?

nobby
03-11-2010, 05:28 PM
its times like this you wish the NSX was more than a 2 seater! :(

I'll hopefully get over in mine, April's normally not too hectic for me....

NSX 2000
03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Was the stability control turned off at Goodwood?

As it was Prototype 2 I don't know if it has stability control or not.

NSX 2000
04-11-2010, 10:16 AM
what are they going to do for the UK NSX market,

Here is part of a reply that sorepaws got back from Hiro Toyoda

Thank you for your visit in MUGEN EURO.
It is my pleasure to meet you and your NSX club members.
In terms of technical service and support for NSX owners, I will study more detail to see what MUGEN EURO can provide in near future.
I would borrow your NSX in some stage when the right time comes.

Best regards

Hiro Toyoda
VICE-PRESIDENT
MUGEN EURO Co., Limited

Paul

ellyka112
26-11-2010, 11:23 AM
sorry mate think ill be busy moving

thx amo

susan wigmore
03-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi, interested in the tour and dinner (2 of us) Any idea of the new date yet?:D

NSX 2000
03-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi, interested in the tour and dinner (2 of us) Any idea of the new date yet?:D

Yes it's Friday 15th April 2011, it's on the Home page.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/

Paul

forumadmin
30-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Is this event over? Where is the moderator to remove this thread?

Senninha
30-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Flat on his back with a trapped sciatic nerve!!!!!

Mod suggests forumadmin gets new glasses as the last post was October 2010 .... or is it now a requirement to delete old threads to retain the site stability ;) :laugh: