PDA

View Full Version : 45,000 / 60 Month Service help?

TheQuietOne
28-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Hello,

I've had my 2000, 3.2 sine June, when it had 13,500 miles on the clock and was serviced (36,000 service) by the Honda garage I bought it from on delivery. I've clocked up best part of 8,000 miles since then, and am aware that it is 9,000 intervals, so by my reckoning it is due its 45,000 or 60 month service shortly.

I've read good things about 2MILLS on here and they are 'only' 95 miles from me so I gave them a call. Paul there, who sounds very friendly, said it is a small service, and will cost about £180. Does this sound about right? For some reason I thought it was the big service...

Any help or advice gladly recieved.

Thanks,

Matt.

NSA
01-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Lookers Honda in Nottingham are alright. If you're based in Derby that looks a logical choice. They'll try to get you to have extra work done but overall they're OK and more convenient than Two Mills.

I think £65 per hour labour rate.

TheQuietOne
01-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Do they have an NSX mechanic though? Have you had yours serviced there?

On this one it is too late, I have booked for Two Mills this Friday (as I'm out in Liverpool in the evening so it makes sense this time).

Is that the dealership that is currently working out of porta-cabins for sales on the ring-road?

NSA
02-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I drove past on Saturday and it looked like a bomb site. They have got an NSX mechanic and all the kit. Had 60k service and some other bits done there. Les is the man you need to speak to.

TheQuietOne
03-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I drove past on Saturday and it looked like a bomb site. They have got an NSX mechanic and all the kit. Had 60k service and some other bits done there. Les is the man you need to speak to.

Thanks for that - I may try them next time, as it would save a lot of time driving about! I didn't realise there were any local NSX's to me, maybe I'll see you out and about some time!

Matt.

AR
03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Hi Matt,

Two Mill are excellent in my opinion. I drove the 200 plus miles because of recommendations from the board, and the fact that my local Honda dealer general attitude. Say hello to them from the guy with the Imola NSX who did not wanted it wash.

Cheers

AR

TheQuietOne
03-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi Matt,

Two Mill are excellent in my opinion. I drove the 200 plus miles because of recommendations from the board, and the fact that my local Honda dealer general attitude. Say hello to them from the guy with the Imola NSX who did not wanted it wash.

Hi AR,

Thanks for that - I will! I don't blame you not wanting it washed...since I got the NSX no one washes my car but me...just in case :wink:

Cheers,

Matt.

mcibuk
07-11-2005, 05:28 PM
I can also recommend 2 Mills - everyone there is very helpful. Paul is very knowledgeable and conscientious.

TheQuietOne
07-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi,

I had the service on Friday / Saturday and it all went very smoothly. Rob dealt with it as Paul was away, and he was very helpful indeeed. They were very complimentary about the condition of the car which was nice as I had bought it from a non-NSX garage, something which I didn't realise at the tme wasn't that good of an idea! The car is a real pleasure now, and all my wheel shake from the balancing being out is gone which makes the car feel 100 times better! It's also nice to know she's breathing easy and has nice new oil too!

Anyway, they were very good and very reasonably priced (£176 all in).

P.S. They said to say hello back to the 'lovely foreign guy and his family in the imola orange too!' AR.

Cheers,

Matt.