PDA

View Full Version : na1 Nsx wanted

kenny7nsx
11-08-2010, 08:06 PM
hi

I'm on the hunt for a na1 Nsx preferably jdm model but also open to uk cars
Must be manual and in good condition with low ,mileage

Cash waiting so if your thinking of selling ok know someone that is send me the details

Thanks

kenny7nsx
16-08-2010, 12:54 PM
im loosing faith in finding a nsx now
need to buy something soon and if i can find a nsx ill have to buy something else :(

nakamichi
16-08-2010, 01:37 PM
im loosing faith in finding a nsx now
need to buy something soon and if i can find a nsx ill have to buy something else :(
You will need a bit more patience.Have you seen the ones for sale on Autotrader and Pistonheads?

nakamichi
16-08-2010, 01:39 PM
This looks like a nice one
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200940343034186/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/quicksearch/true/postcode/ml69ew/page/1/radius/1501?logcode=p

havoc
16-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Reasonable price from a dealer too, given the mileage.

Kenny - if you're after a good JDM then either:-
- Import one and take the forex hit;
- Be patient - VERY patient.
- Compromise and get a UK car - as far as I know there's very few tangible differences except for the final drive on pre-95 cars. (Kaz will probably correct me here)

There are ~300 or so NSXs in the UK, of which only a small fraction are JDM. And they tend to be owned for longer than average, so only a handful of NSX's come up for sale each year. Plus you're looking in the height of summer, when not many people are thinking of selling cars.

If you HAVE to have a car very soon, I'd spread your net to other models.
If you HAVE to have an NSX, then be patient, otherwise you run the risk of buying a money-pit if you go for the first/cheapest one out there.

nakamichi
16-08-2010, 06:31 PM
If you HAVE to have an NSX, then be patient, otherwise you run the risk of buying a money-pit if you go for the first/cheapest one out there.
True
I was looking for 2 years untill I found the right one for me.It was worth the wait:)
If I was still looking,I would definately go and look at that silver one.It has been up for sale for nearly a year and was ( i think) 25k originally.It was more than I wanted to pay so didn't bother with it.

TheSebringOne
16-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Be patient, I don't want to sound gloom, but if the UK economy worsens, then some may pop up for sale?

havoc
16-08-2010, 09:08 PM
True
I was looking for 2 years untill I found the right one for me.It was worth the wait:)
If I was still looking,I would definately go and look at that silver one.It has been up for sale for nearly a year and was ( i think) 25k originally.It was more than I wanted to pay so didn't bother with it.

Interesting - didn't realise that.

First one I saw was a silver targa with red interior. Big gaps in the service history, big gap in the driver's seat-bolster leather, some questionable paintwork and a disconnected PAS ECU all said "run, don't walk" to me.

Ended up buying the 3rd car I saw on visual condition and (complete) history as much as on mechanical condition, and as a result have spent ~£4k already on servicing and repairs. That said, at least half of what I've spent is preventative, so wouldn't have been spotted by a professional pre-purchase inspection either, and I took the view from Day-1 that an older car WILL need TLC, so I'm not worried. If I'd been prepared to be as patient as Nakamichi and Nick Graves, then I may have bought a slightly better car (and would probably have found a 3.2), but my position was that I wanted one quickly, as financially I may well have to sell in the next year or two.

If I were you I'd be taking the same approach - whatever car you buy, assume it WILL need work, and keep a couple of £k of your budget to one side for that work. The quicker you want to get a car, the more you'll have to compromise on condition (and work required).

AR
16-08-2010, 09:53 PM
As above, take your time.

I bought a Cat D car ( repaired by HUK approved shop etc ) for around 5 to 10K under market value, then had a little incident myself which resulted in a total loss!!!

I then bought the R and sold it.

Have had my current one since 2007 and will probably sell it if a new NSX comes out.

I will advise you to saty away from crashed and repaired cars if possible as the resale will be difficult.

Cheers,

AR

kenny7nsx
17-08-2010, 09:24 AM
thanks for the comments guys